bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Man in whom there is no guile.  (Read 3601 times)

Gina

A Man in whom there is no guile.
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »

John 1
44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida.

45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.  “Come and see,” said Philip.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.”

Ha!  He said, dripping with sarcasm, in a good-natured kind of way.  I just love that.  When I read these verses, I laugh so hard.  Jesus was pretty silly sometimes!

lurquer

Re: A Man in whom there is no guile.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:27:07 AM »

Jesus invented sarcasm.  He CREATED humor. 

But...how do you know He was being sarcastic when He spoke to Nathanael?  Not all Israelites (or regular people) are inherently dishonest.  I've met a few without guile.

Know what I think is silly?  This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLMWasU0rM

But I love it anyway.   Were the Beach Boys being sarcastic?  Maybe.  So what.  I love it.  So should everyone.  So there!  :P

Gina

Re: A Man in whom there is no guile.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:45:51 AM »

Ha, I was not even expecting that.  Fantastic.

Yes, sarcastic but not mean at all.  Silly and very lighthearted and sweet and loving toward him too.  Look...

When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

I love it!  Jesus loved his disciples.  Jesus was very kindhearted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.