bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where things fit in...  (Read 5135 times)

Vheissu

Where things fit in...
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:23 PM »

Alright this is one question I've asked since I was a young child, one pertaining to one of my favorite interests back then...Where do the dinosaurs fit into Creation? I know this might not seem important to any of you, but I just want to know what the bible says about them. I've never read or heard anything in the bible that even resembles dinosaurs, except for the leviathan and the behemoth. it says God created the animals before men. Is it possible that in the span of time between the animals creation and man's creation that there exsisted dinosaurs and then they died before man came about? Or did they live with man and then were killed off in the great flood? Perhaps they're not even real? Maybe satan created them for the purpose of the evolution theory? Gah!, I dunno, but if anyone knows any scripture or info that talks about it, let me know. I realize my questions are often legnthy, and some-what in depth, but if God wants me to know it, then people will discuss it  ;).

Daniel
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:46:32 PM by Vheissu »

ned

Re: Where things fit in...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 12:05:51 AM »

Hi Daniel,
That is a good question, and actually last month my sister and I were discussing this very thing.  Now, we are no experts in the dinosaur field, but concluded that because there have been fossils found, they must have been created during the time span between animals and man (as you speculate), because:  with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 2Pet3:8
That's my uneducated opinion, but look forward to other responses.
Marie
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:08:29 AM by Marie »

knuckle

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 09:54:20 AM »

Hi All------------

personally I believe that the dinosaurs are still here(most of them any way)we just dont recognise them because they dont get as large as they once did.The flood caused  a major change in the world (life spans reduced is one result) that made it impossible for those dinos to survive at massive sizes anymore.I remember seeing a picture of a lizard killed in texas in the 1890s----it looked exactly like a T-rex(what we  think they looked like anyway) but was about the size of a chicken.There has been quite a few dinos of a moderate size sighted through history but the word dinosaur is a recent invention----use the word DRAGON and see how often they pop up.Just my opinion.

much love-----------knuckle

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 10:18:38 AM »

Vheissu

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »

Thanks for the site buddyjc, really interesting. I have also thought about the history of Dragons too. Almost every ancient civilization has a story of a dragon. I think perhaps they were the dinosaurs left over, and they were killed off in fear. About dinosaurs still here, well, I'm no believer in evolution, but an Ostrich has some remarkingly similar features of dinosuars, or atleast what we think they looked like. Have you ever seen the feet and legs of one of those animals up close? Crazy...

JDH

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:34:48 AM »

One interesting observation I heard made about the similarities between all of the creatures is this.  If many of the features of animals are the same.  Wouldn't that suggest one creator of all of these creatures?  The strange thing is, that one of the reasons evolution (I believe) is so popular is that it explains many of the things that would simply be seen because of the fact that there is one creator (God).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.