bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God and the alarm clock.  (Read 6396 times)

rick

God and the alarm clock.
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »

This morning when the alarm clock rang out, the first thing I thought about was this is what the resurrection is going to be like. One can be dead for one hundred years or a thousand years but whatever duration of time that has elapse , one feels not the time they slept anymore than I could feel the eight hours I slept.

I must say although the alarm rang out, I wanted to keep sleeping, I don’t know if one will want to keep sleeping or not when the resurrection happens but I think I’ll leap for joy knowing what I know now.

What I don’t know is which scriptures will apply for me but whichever one do or do not let us be thankful for all things.

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Eze 37:4  Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

Eze 37:5  Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

God bless everyone.  :)

Mike Gagne

Re: God and the alarm clock.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »

Hi Rick, I was thinking that sleep might be the best sleep I could ever have, nothing, nothing to move me or cause me to roll over. Ya that will be the sleep!

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »

Hi Rick,

Reference your alarm clock remark and thinking that you wanted to keep sleeping...

When I awaken most mornings, I have just had a dream that I was still back at work and moving around doing something familiar or maybe looking for a men's room because I have a full bladder. Then I wake up and have to go...

But that is not the way it will be in the resurrection.
We will not be sleeping in a dream state with little thoughts roaming around in our subconscious.

No, when we are resurrected we will be awakened in a conscious state of mind, fully alert and ready to meet the day. Lots of questions will come to mind of course, but I'm quite sure that we will be in a peaceful state and have helpers all around us to answer any questions.

I'm really looking forward to that event whether it be easy and peaceful or thrilling like running in the wind.

Warm regards, ole Indiana Bob

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 12:40:23 AM »

Where can I find that verse, helpers all around us to answer any dumb questions.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »

1Co_6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Judgement on and salvation from ignorance is knowledge.  I don't think it's a stretch at all to consider that we will "have helpers all around us to answer any questions."
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 02:47:24 AM »

How does a spirit talk or be able to ask a question. Ha, it any case I can hardly wait I have a thousand question`s for them. All the ones BT cant answer. Ya, little buddy helper`s.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:52:49 AM by Ricky »
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »

Here's a thought, when the elect are awakened from the 'sleep' of death and rise up to meet Christ in the air and those alive as well... I rather think that this will be an immediate joining to Christ, being born into kingdom.

1Thess 4:15  For we say this to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall not go before those who are asleep.
v. 16  For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
v. 17  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.

When the elect meet/unite with Christ, then they become completely one with God... with that connection to the source of all power, then I believe their understanding will instantly skyrocket to the heavens and as His sons/daughters will have the very mind of God.

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

1Peter 5:10  And after you have suffered a little while (this "momentary affliction" in this life 1Cor 4:17), the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal (eonian) glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

The elect won't be using their human wisdom in reigning with Christ, no, it is not US (these weak little base things) that will reign and judge, yes the elect are the means by which it is done, but it will be Christ IN them that actually does the judging... and it always goes back to the Father, just as Christ said "I do nothing of Myself" (John 8:28) the elect will/can only do the will of the Father through Christ in them.

Rev 20:4  Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

John 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
v. 27  and has given HIM authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
v. 28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
v. 29  and come forth...

So my point is that I think when you are brought into glory and given a powerful spiritual body and become completely one with God, are given the very mind of God, your questions will be answered instantly... there won't be any need for a long question and answer session before Christ can get on with reigning over the world.

Php 2:5  Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
v. 6  who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Picture His triumphant return to earth to overthrow all the corruption and the wickedness rulers (great and small) of the earth.

Rev 19:19  And I saw the beast (every human on earth), the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Most will not eagerly accept Christ when He returns, they make think for a fleeting moment they can resist Him, HA won't last long before they will be put in their place.

Rev 19:20  Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet (the whole religious community of the world) who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Then the work of judgment will begin in earnest on the world.

Rev 19:21  And the rest were killed (the second death) with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Isa 26:9  With my soul I have desired You in the night, Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early; For when Your judgments are in the earth, The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »

WHAT!! no little buddy helpers, ok whatever then, Kat for Pres., what a great answer.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 03:19:37 PM »

Hi Ricky,

When I wrote that little comment about getting questions answered by helpers I was remembering that not everyone who shall be resurrected will be in the body of Christ. My kids for example will be in the second resurrection as will many who read these comments on the forum. The great many will be resurrected back to flesh and blood, human form and will not have the spirit of God in full measure.
So, unless God is planning to grant them a miraculous understanding rather than helping them to learn it over time, I do think that there will be lots of valid questions.

Sorry that I did not cover that aspect of the total picture.  ;)

Indiana Bob

Where can I find that verse, helpers all around us to answer any dumb questions.

Ricky

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 04:47:52 PM »

Hey Bob, it`s not your fault I missed it.

rick

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »

Hi Rick, I was thinking that sleep might be the best sleep I could ever have, nothing, nothing to move me or cause me to roll over. Ya that will be the sleep!

Hi Mike,

I know what you mean, I can’t help but to see just how repetitious life is, its that way for a reason I guess.

Life is so repetitious to me I sometimes become dismayed with the same old thing different day scenario life seems to offer but as far as my sin nature I would welcome such a scenario in my life any day.

These days I whisper to myself the words Paul spoke, it is no longer I that sins but sin that dwells in me, I think I’m really coming to terms with that.

Unfortunately one will never feel the rest in death because the dead know nothing, well, Ray says it best.

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm      ;)

rick

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »

I'm really looking forward to that event whether it be easy and peaceful or thrilling like running in the wind.

Hi Bob,

I can hardly wait to awaken in the resurrection, yes I know, first I must die physically, but that’s the easy part, dying itself may not be easy especially if one has cancer which can be quite painful. But we know only the living know they shall die but the dead know nothing.

When I think of the resurrection I get excited about being brought back to life again, I think everyone should be happy about the resurrection because first Gods elect will reign with Christ for a thousand years, what an honor and privilege that will be.

2nd just think how awesome it will be to be raised in dishonor but this time around Christ is King of the world, how awesome will that be. I know Ray said it will not be a walk in the park but to me Just having Christ reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords in a world that encourages right doing and living in a world where doing the right thing is rewarded rather than discouraged.

No more gray areas in life just Gods way and our God is not a God of confusion so when Christ reigns it will be the real deal and according to Paul it’s a sweet deal, I know because Paul said the sufferings of this life is nothing compared to the glory we shall be clothed in.

Yes, I cannot wait for all the wrongs to be made right and all live in perfect love and harmony one with another.

Its going to be just awesome, that’s all I can say about it. Just awesome.  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »

Don't forget God has an entire heavenly host at His disposal too and we even know two those beings by name! He is the Lord of HOSTS! The saints will judge the world AND the angels!  Satan himself as he will be cast into the lake of fire and all those spirits under his command (Like the ones Jesus cast out of the two men and into the pigs).

The coming age is truly going to be marvelous. I would love hearing those things paul heard in the third heaven which were too marvelous to be uttered, and even to understand the heavenly host--The morning stars which sang, those Sons of God which shouted for Joy, the cherubims over the mercy seat which as of yet cannot be spoken of. So many things! So much to be revealed still!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »

Hi Mike,

I know what you mean, I can’t help but to see just how repetitious life is, its that way for a reason I guess.

Life is so repetitious to me I sometimes become dismayed with the same old thing different day scenario life seems to offer but as far as my sin nature I would welcome such a scenario in my life any day.

These days I whisper to myself the words Paul spoke, it is no longer I that sins but sin that dwells in me, I think I’m really coming to terms with that.

Unfortunately one will never feel the rest in death because the dead know nothing, well, Ray says it best.

Hi Rick, yes I know the dead know nothing and thats why it will be a good sleep. lol seems like I know to much when sleeping now and thats what keeps me rolling and moving, lol no rest for the wicked  ;)

rick

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:59 PM »

Hi Mike,

Hi Rick, yes I know the dead know nothing and thats why it will be a good sleep.                       

Lol, I hear you loud and clear my brother.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.