bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about anti christs  (Read 11032 times)

Miranda_78

Question about anti christs
« on: August 12, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »

Hi everyone,
'Karen_7 'is not my account anymore due to having forgot the password.

I have got questions about 'Antichrists'. I don't understand  how to Necessarily  Deal with this kind of a spirit in other people. I have read the beast within page of Rays' and it has helped me so much! So, here are my questions about this spirit...

1. Is the beast within a evil spirit? Or our person in everyone?
2. Does the beast within, the people who are in the world want worship?
3. Does this beast oppose anyone who is faithfully serving God? 
4. Does the beast within the unreedemed make war with us (the saints) as long as we're here on earth?
5. Does the beast in the unredeemed have the workings of Satan?

I would appreciate answers from all! :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:38:21 PM by Miranda_78 »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Question about anti christs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »

Just the first bit as a refresher.

In our last installment, I said that "YOU are the beast." That is, "I" am the beast, "we" are the beast, "all humanity" is the beast. I marvel that any would deny it. Of course women have always known that "all men are beasts," but I am afraid I must be the bearer of bad news and report that "all women are beasts" as well. God is no respecter of gender.

Everyone in religious circles is looking for the beast, OUT THERE somewhere. If we are to find the beast OUT THERE, we might question whether he was ever IN HERE? That there "is, was, and will be" a beast OUT THERE, I have no doubt. But of what great concern is that to us? The only beast we need to concern ourselves with is the beast "within," "the man of sin." Just as the many-member beast comes "up out of the sea" [of humanity], we too came up out of the sea of humanity.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »

Hi everyone,
'Karen_7 'is not my account anymore due to having forgot the password.

I have got questions about 'Antichrists'. I don't understand  how to Necessarily  Deal with this kind of a spirit in other people. I have read the beast within page of Rays' and it has helped me so much! So, here are my questions about this spirit...

1. Is the beast within a evil spirit? Or our person in everyone?
2. Does the beast within, the people who are in the world want worship?
3. Does this beast oppose anyone who is faithfully serving God? 
4. Does the beast within the unreedemed make war with us (the saints) as long as we're here on earth?
5. Does the beast in the unredeemed have the workings of Satan?

I would appreciate answers from all! :)

Hello Miranda_78,
Greetings!

Sometimes it is good to visits Scriptures and ask the Spirit of the Lord for understanding. If Ray was given a wisdom, you too will have it if you ask Jesus. We have already a guidance by reading materials from Ray but not at all was given to him.
There are cases that if I  have doubt, i ask the Lord for His Spirits to give me a wisdom/understanding.

For me i believed that there is Antichrist, simply that "if you are not with Christ you are against Christ" and you are Antichrist.

“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me. Mat 12:30

“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me. Luke 11:23

Is not coincidence that when you depart from Jesus and not to believe in Him will make you 666?

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. John 6:66

Did you know that it is sin not believing in Jesus?

The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me. John 16:9

You will be judged together with the prince of this World.

Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:11

but if you believe Jesus, you will not be judged.

“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. John 3:18

and who is Antichrist? many do not believe Jesus that he is the Son of God and thus denying him.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.1Jo 2:22

No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 1Jo 2:23

and now my questions, Do you deny Jesus? Do you not believe in him? Do you not follow him? Do you not believe that he is the Son of God? are you antichrist?

se7en

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »

Good questions!

Just to reiterate what everyone has said already. The beast is us, it's within.

This woman asked me a question the other day about eternal life and forgiveness, I was explaining the beast within us all, that old man of sin that we all are at first, have to acknowledge, and dealt that final deadly blow before the new man can be birthed. This was her reply.

"But I've never really been bad, even as a kid, I've always believed in God (the Baptist God) and have known He has been with me."

Revelation 3:17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—

We all are that beast... and when confronted and dragged by Christ are made to see that beast within... and woe... woe, all is undone.

Luke 18:9-14 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Until we are made to see that we are the beast, there is no repentance.

I have honestly said those exact words before while I was in the "church world". I meant them too... I was very thankful to God that I was not like other men. I thought I was being humble too, actually thanking God that I was this way. I thought the Pharasee was someone else, "out there" and I thought that I was the humble tax collector. I didn't know or realize that I was both men at my appointed time.

We are all first of our father the devil, and have an antichrist spirit.

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

You can tell what spirit a person is of after listening for a while. If they are saying that Jesus Christ is NOT the savior of the whole world and all men will be saved in due time... if they claim that they have a "free will". If they would rather fight for Christ rather than die with Him... then you know it's the spirit of the antichrist.

How do you deal with the antichrist spirit within people?

One or two admonitions, after that, leave them be. Like this lady who recently asked me a question... I told her the truth, and after her remark, I tried explaining it a bit better but there was no turning there. She held to her guns.  That's okay... that's where God has her right now. A seed was planted and hopefully will be watered in this age to grow to fruition.

We are quick to listen, and slow to speak. If you feel like you would be denying Christ by not saying something, then politely say something and then move on. Most assuredly they will drop their mouth open and look at you all wide eyed for what you just said, but that's okay. God is making them who they are just as He is making us who we are. They have to do what they do in order for us to come out and be seperate.

To answer your questions directly...

1. Is the beast within a evil spirit? Or our person in everyone?  "We are that beast and we do what our father the devil tells us to do until Christ enter's in. It's all spiritual"
2. Does the beast within, the people who are in the world want worship?  "Absolutely, which is why it's written... "I will be like the most high..."
3. Does this beast oppose anyone who is faithfully serving God?   "Absolutely true, even if they are not aware of it."
4. Does the beast within the unreedemed make war with us (the saints) as long as we're here on earth?  "Yes, they have a different heart and mind with different goals."
5. Does the beast in the unredeemed have the workings of Satan? "Yes, absolutely. But it's all ultimately of God."

But don't forget, this war is within us first and foremost. Even though the beast has taken that final deadly blow and is dying... we are still in fleshy, marred, clay vessels and flawed until the redemption. That's why we die daily, run the race and continously to throw off anything that would slow us down, we beat our flesh into submission. It's constant... there are ups and downs, valley's and hills. Times of battle and times of rest. And it is God doing all the work within us and through us.

I hope this has helped!
~Se7en

horan

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »

Hello,

I'm brand new to this forum, so forgive me if I don't appear to be up to speed. But I'm wondering, from reading the postings on this topic, if you folks subscribe to the idea that the beast in Revelation, which arises from the sea, is Rome. This understanding isn't embraced by everybody who studies that document, but it is embraced by many and was, according to my understanding, embraced by many, if not practically all of the leading reformers of the 15th and 16th centuries. The sea, in prophetic scripture is understood to be a multitude, or diversity of nations, peoples and tongues, while a beast is understood to be an empire. Thus we have the Roman empire arising from a multitude of nations, peoples and tongues, which symbolism in Revelation also very nicely agrees with the 4th beast in Daniel.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 03:35:38 PM »

Hello,

I'm brand new to this forum, so forgive me if I don't appear to be up to speed. But I'm wondering, from reading the postings on this topic, if you folks subscribe to the idea that the beast in Revelation, which arises from the sea, is Rome. This understanding isn't embraced by everybody who studies that document, but it is embraced by many and was, according to my understanding, embraced by many, if not practically all of the leading reformers of the 15th and 16th centuries. The sea, in prophetic scripture is understood to be a multitude, or diversity of nations, peoples and tongues, while a beast is understood to be an empire. Thus we have the Roman empire arising from a multitude of nations, peoples and tongues, which symbolism in Revelation also very nicely agrees with the 4th beast in Daniel.

Hi Horan, and welcome to the forums.

It appears to me that you have not read through the lake of fire series. I would recommend you read through the entire series as it delves heavily into the topic you are inquiring about.

Here is the link to the beginning of the series: http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

We can, if you are willing to recieve and believe the Word of God, show you who the beast of revelation is:

"Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind ["OF CHRIST" ( 1Cor 2:16)] calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six." (Rev 13:18)

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men ["MANKIND"( Rev 13:18)], that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

The anti Christ sits in the temple of God and declares himself to be God, but it isn't a physical temple somewhere out there, in Jerusalem out in physical isreal, no, its the temple of your body and the throne of your heart. You ARE the temple of God.

2 Thess. 2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin [Gk: the lawless one] be revealed, the son of perdition [Gk: the one destined for destruction]. Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God [a god], or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God"

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

The man of sin, the anti Christ--the beast of revelation-- is YOU.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:47:11 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

horan

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »

Thank you for your response. Actually I began exploring your site with the lake1.html file, which has been and I suspect will continue to be helpful to me for answering another question regarding what happens to the so called wicked at the 2nd resurrection in terms of the lake of fire. I suspect Mr. Smith had a good take on this. I want to believe that God, while being tough-loving, is also so stubbornly and persistently merciful that He wouldn't dream of letting a single soul slip through His fingers. But this needs to be supported by scripture. I've also encountered on this site the word, judgment, expressed as "to set things right", which is very interesting, so I suspect Mr. Smith has some things to show me. I'll study the series you've recommended in greater detail, though I suspect that making the beast of Revelation synonymous with mankind simply won't work because of the many references to it in various contexts and relations to other parts of the Revelation narrative, and messages conveyed by other Biblical prophets, as well as the multitude of minds which have studied this issue and concluded that the beast is Rome. I sense that you folks are likely intractable on this point, in much the same way that Adventists tend to be intractable regarding anything claimed by Ellen White, so I won't nourish any desire on my part to argue with you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:19:17 PM by Horan »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »

Can't ask for more than that, Horan.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 05:52:22 PM »

Thank you for your response. Actually I began exploring your site with the lake1.html file, which has been and I suspect will continue to be helpful to me for answering another question regarding what happens to the so called wicked at the 2nd resurrection in terms of the lake of fire. I suspect Mr. Smith had a good take on this. I want to believe that God, while being tough-loving, is also so stubbornly and persistently merciful that He wouldn't dream of letting a single soul slip through His fingers. But this needs to be supported by scripture. I've also encountered on this site the word, judgment, expressed as "to set things right", which is very interesting, so I suspect Mr. Smith has some things to show me. I'll study the series you've recommended in greater detail, though I suspect that making the beast of Revelation synonymous with mankind simply won't work because of the many references to it in various contexts and relations to other parts of the Revelation narrative, and messages conveyed by other Biblical prophets, as well as the multitude of minds which have studied this issue and concluded that the beast is Rome. I sense that you folks are likely intractable on this point, in much the same way that Adventists tend to be intractable regarding anything claimed by Ellen White, so I won't nourish any desire on my part to argue with you.

God speed! :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »

Hi Horan, glad you have joined us. Well I don't consider myself intractable on this point or any point that Ray had taught, but as you will see, if you continue your study of his articles that he was meticulous in searching out all the Scripture on a subject.

Psa 119:160  The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever.

We have come to understand, as Ray expressed many times, that ALL Scripture must support any subject and no single Scripture is its own interpretation, but there must be at least 2 Scripture witnesses to establish a truth or doctrine.

So I hope you will give due consideration to what you read on the Bible-truths site. There are 2 articles that pay particular attention to your questions about the "beast."

Who is the Beast? - 666?
http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

The Beast Within
http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »

Here is something else to read concerning the study of Scriptures.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

I can only speak for myself.  I do not consider Ray Smith a prophet.  But Ray backs his statements that I agree with, with at least two Scriptures, which is the Scriptural way to keep us in Truth.

As for your contention that the Beast is Rome, can you provide at least two Scriptures that says that?  Not your interpretation or the interpretation of any great minds (human) of the past.  But two clear Scriptures that prove the Beast is Rome?

Again, let the two Scriptures stand alone.  The Two Witnesses do not need any help to state the Truth.

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord God Almighty."

horan

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 04:37:06 AM »

Thank you for the links and advice. Have you never heard any reference to the beast of Revelation being representative of Rome? Is this entirely foreign to you? The support for this view is vast and quite sound, and I've already provided a point of entry in saying that there's a wonderful correspondence between the beast of Revelation and the 4the beast of Daniel. You're fully empowered to explore this yourselves, as it's never been so easy, as well Daniel's 1260 years as expressed:

Daniel 7:25 He shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change times and laws, and they shall be given into his hands until a time and times and the dividing of a time.

So here, a time, times and half a time is 1260 years, the same as expressed in Revelation 12 as 1260 days, a time, times and half a time, and 42 months, all expressions of the same time period, 538 to 1798, the span of papal supremacy prior to that office receiving its seeming deadly wound at the hands of Napoleon's general, which wound is later healed.

And my translation of Revelation 13:18 doesn't say that 666 is the number of mankind, but the number of a man. and interestingly with the Latin expression for Vicar of Christ, all of the characters, letters which have corresponding numeric values add up to 666, which Latin expression actually means substitute for Christ, while the Greek anti means not against, but in place of. Of course, we understand that there are some translation issues with the King James, so I would like to know for sure if the received and inspired Greek text expresses in Rev 13:18 as "number of mankind" or "number of a man". An inquiring mind should like to clear this up. But already I might suspect that Rome is somehow involved in whatever translation that is,which deflects attention away from itself as the beast, because Rome does indeed do that sort of thing.

There is actually no mention of Antichrist in Revelation, but much discussion of the beast, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the extremely ample support for this understanding that the beast represents Rome. Daniel's "think to change times and laws" is a pointer to yet another vast area of correspondence in this regard. You're entirely welcome and empowered to explore this issue. I doubt very much that it has any bearing on salvation, but the historical understanding of Revelation is extremely powerful for demonstrating the veracity of Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done.

For now, however, I'm much less interested in arguing this point of understanding than I am in finding good, solid scriptural support for taking the stand that everyone, without exception will be saved. I very much hope this can done honestly. I'm quite good with Adventists on many issues, but this particular notion of God, at the end of the millennium, waking up most people who have ever lived from their sleep of death, only to rub their noses in whatever they've done or not done, just before burning them to a crisp, with some burning longer than others, while we saints look on with some sort of approval, has got to be wrong, I hope and pray. So I am diligently studying what your friend Mr. Smith has to say, hoping he can help me with this. Because if I claim that salvation is universal, I must be able to back it up with both scripture and reason.

I also think Adventists are wrong about the 7 last plagues being literal. I think I can support their being symbolic of spiritual plagues quite nicely, and that we are living in the midst of the 6th plague being poured out, with the seventh coming very soon, which quite upsets the Adventist notion of the end of probation. I think those folks have much to contribute, and perhaps Mr Smith as well, but it's good to keep a nimble, flexible mind, especially in these end-times, when we should well expect a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit to guide us.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »

Hello Horan,

I will let someone else address your post about Rome if they so desire. There is not a single scripture which says Rome is the beast of revelation but I have provided you with two witnesses that say mankind, the sons of men, are the beast. I can provide more if you like but those two are the best matches. I am going to share several translations which translate Rev 13:18 as a gender neutral word for 'man', meaning women are included, and the KJV translated this world as plural many times using the word 'MEN' aka "mankind." I'm not sure which translation you use but you should check several including strong's defintion for words to help better understanding what the original greek was conveying. First, here is strong's for the word from the King James:

Rev 13:18  HereG5602 isG2076 wisdom.G4678 Let him that hathG2192 understandingG3563 countG5585 theG3588 numberG706 of theG3588 beast:G2342 forG1063 it isG2076 the numberG706 of a man;G444 andG2532 hisG848 numberG706 is Six hundred threescore and six.G5516

G444

ἄνθρωπος
anthrōpos
anth'-ro-pos
From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.
Total KJV occurrences: 560

The Greek word used when only man is meant (always excluding woman), is "aner." But the Greek word translated "man" in Rev. 13:18 is not aner, but rather the word anthropos, which means "a human being, male or female." Strong’s Concordant.

Here is an example of this same word translated as "men" (PLURAL) implying mankind as in WOMEN as well.

Mat_5:16  Let yourG5216 lightG5457 soG3779 shineG2989 beforeG1715 men,G444 thatG3704 they may seeG1492 yourG5216 goodG2570 works,G2041 andG2532 glorifyG1392 yourG5216 FatherG3962 whichG3588 is inG1722 heaven.G3772

Unless you want to argue that God only wants our light to shine amongst the male sex, and only infront of one single man, which would be rather a silly point to argue, then it is clear this word means more than just a singular male human.

Let me provide one last witness to this and then I will share the other translations which translate it properly:

Mat_6:1  Take heedG4337 that ye doG4160 notG3361 yourG5216 almsG1654 beforeG1715 men,G444 to be seenG2300 of them:G846 otherwiseG1490 ye haveG2192 noG3756 rewardG3408 ofG3844 yourG5216 FatherG3962 whichG3588 is inG1722 heaven.G3772

Again, are we not to do our good deeds before a singular man but its okay to do them in front of women? Is that what this verse is saying? Of course not, that would, again, be silly! There are many many many many more examples of this throughout the greek scriptures where the word 'anthropos' means more than just "A (SINGULAR MALE) MAN" and is better translated as "MEN" plural, aka, MANKIND/Humanity.

Here are some other translations which get Rev 13:18:

(CEV)  You need wisdom to understand the number of the beast! But if you are smart enough, you can figure this out. Its number is six hundred sixty-six, and it stands for a person.

(CLV) Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six."

(GNB)  This calls for wisdom. Whoever is intelligent can figure out the meaning of the number of the beast, because the number stands for the name of someone. Its number is 666.

(ISV)  In this case wisdom is needed: Let the person who has understanding calculate the total number of the beast, because it is a human total number, and the sum of the number is 666.

(MSG)  Solve a riddle: Put your heads together and figure out the meaning of the number of the Beast. It's a human number: six hundred sixty-six.

(RSV) 18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six

So the word "someone," "person," "human," and "mankind" all include both male and females of the human race and are not gender specific. Human would be best translated as HUMANITY as I showed you with this word "anthropos" that even the king james translates it plural in so many places.

To establish doctrine you need two or three witnesses, the other I provided you is Ecc 3:18 as it is very close to this one even in its chapter and number!  ;)

In Christ,
Alex

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:45:55 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

Extol

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

For now, however, I'm much less interested in arguing this point of understanding than I am in finding good, solid scriptural support for taking the stand that everyone, without exception will be saved.

Hello Horan,

I would suggest listening to Ray's teachings Foundational Truths and Does All Mean All? which can be found here: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,13.0.html (Foundational Truths in 2008, Does All Mean All in 2007, on the bottom link.)

Ray does exactly what you are looking for, and he does it in a simple, easy-to-understand way. Just a brief summation of what Ray goes through:

We have Scriptures that say God will save everyone:

1 Tim. 2:4--Who wills that all mankind be saved...

1 Tim. 4:10--...Who is the Saviour of all mankind..

1 John 4:14--  And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

There are many more, but let's just take those three...

We have a verse that says God wills that all mankind be saved. Is there a verse that says God wills NOT that all mankind be saved? NO.
We do have a verse that says God is the Saviour of all mankind. Do we have a verse that says God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind? NO.
We have a verse that says the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Do we have a verse that says God did NOT send the Son to be the Savior of the world? NO.

So, as Ray asks: Which verse are you going to believe? The one that IS there or the one that ISN'T there? If you want to believe the Scriptures--keeping in mind there is no Scriptural word meaning "eternal"--the answer should be very easy. You can do the same thing with the dozens and dozens of other Scriptures which support the salvation of all. You can believe what it says, and you can also know that you won't find a verse which says the opposite.

So I am diligently studying what your friend Mr. Smith has to say, hoping he can help me with this. Because if I claim that salvation is universal, I must be able to back it up with both scripture and reason.

If you are diligent and sincere, I have no doubt that you will find the truth. If you're just here so you can pick up a new doctrine to argue (a "religious hobbyist" as Ray would say) you probably won't get much out of this site. But a word of warning: Scripture and reason aren't going to convince any of your Adventist friends. Only the Spirit of God can do that.  ;)

horan

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

Hello Again,

Might it be that Rome is not directly implicated as the beast in Revelation because of the time when it was written? There had already been some Roman persecution of Christians under Nero, who ruled the empire between 54 and 68 AD. What a politically incorrect document Revelation would have been, for hundreds and hundreds of years, if the beast's identity weren't veiled in symbolism. I suspect Jesus knows what He's doing. Well, context and relationship, there is so much of these supporting this understanding. Are you familiar with the four beasts of Daniel, as well as the four corresponding divisions of the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream? There's so much that pertains to this, and I encourage you to explore it. If anybody would like a link to some good materials, email me and I'll be happy to provide. But in the spirit of not arguing dissenting viewpoints on this forum, to which rule I've agreed, I'll leave the pursuit or otherwise of followup regarding this matter to your own discretion.

Extol, I'm not an Adventist, nor do I have any Adventist friends. But Adventists have been making Revelation and Biblical prophecy their stock-in-trade for about 170 years and, though I don't agree with everything they propose, I've nonetheless suggested that they're quite good at the study of prophetic scripture, and well worth some attention. But your mileage may vary, and I'll leave it at that.

I appreciate the verses which indicate that Christ fully intends to save all from death in sin, but it's not quite enough, as there is also so much that implies, or can easily be made to imply that salvation is selective, and these things also need to be addressed. I don't mean that you've somehow fallen short of adequate demonstration, but it's important that I arm myself with reasoned argument supported by scripture to deal with all aspects of the issue. It doesn't seem at all far-fetched to me that error in accurately understanding the ultimate fate of all of humanity has been allowed by God these past 2000 years and that now, as we approach the end, it's appropriate to correct it. And I hope Mr. Smith will provide me with the tools to do this, if not the whole toolbox, at least a good start, because I do so want to believe and teach that all of God's prodigal children will be guided home.

These direct statements you and Mr. Smith have provided which point simply to all of humanity being ultimately protected are quite good, as is the understanding that the word, judgment, can also be understood as 'to make things right'. I suspect the latter, word-meaning insight will be helpful in "debunking" those many statements in scripture which suggest that salvation is selective.

In Christ,
Mark
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:39:36 PM by Horan »

Extol

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 02:04:35 PM »

Howdy Mark,

It's interesting that you bring up the toolbox analogy, because that's what Ray's Foundational Truths study is about. To quote Ray:

I want to show that you don’t have to have that many foundational Truths, if you know how to use the couple that you have.

It’s like if you have just a select number of tools, a hammer, a saw, a screw driver… say you could have 7 tools and you could build a whole house with those tools. You could have only 7 tools and you could come up with 7. Although the average house is built with maybe 100 or more tools at least. Every trade has a bucket full of 30-40-50 tools. But you would need an adjustable wrench, something to cut with maybe like a saw or knife, a hammer, a screw driver… but you could probably come up with 7 tools to build a house.

Here are the tools:

1) God does not lie (Titus 1:2)
2) Thy Word is Truth (John 17:17)
3) The Scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35)
4) All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 Tim. 3:16)
5) The Father sent the son to be the Savior of the world (1 John 4:14)
6) God will have all men be saved (1 Tim. 2:4)
7) God is the savior of all men (1 Tim. 4:10)
8 ) God is not willing that any should perish (2 Pet. 3:9)
9) My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure (Isa. 46:10)
10) God is love (1 John 4:8 )
11) Love never fails (1 Cor. 13:8 )

There is a lot more, of course, but that's all you need, Mark. Those are all the tools you need to build your house of universal salvation. You say there is "much that implies, or can easily be made to imply that salvation is selective, and these things also need to be addressed." Why does it matter if somebody thinks a verse implies something, when these verses here state as fact that God's word is true, God will save all, God will do all His pleasure, and love never fails? If somebody thinks other verses imply something contrary to these 11 verses, they obviously don't believe the Scriptures, so don't waste your time arguing with them. I've shown you 11 tools for universal salvation. Other people will deny universal salvation by twisting other Scriptures. They must twist them, because we both know there aren't any Scriptures that contradict these 11. So we have these 11 tools; here are 11 tools they do NOT have:

1) God does lie.
2) Thy word is not truth.
3) The Scripture can be broken
4) Not all Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
5) The Father did not send the son to be the Savior of the world.
6) God will not have all men be saved.
7) God is not the savior of all men.
8 ) God is willing that some perish.
9) My counsel shall not stand, and I will not do all my pleasure.
10) God is not love.
11) Love sometimes fails.

You have more than enough here. You don't need anything else. Who cares about all their maybes, what-ifs, what-abouts, and implications? They do not have anything that is Scripture that can contradict the 11 tools. And if they think they have something to contradict these 11 marvelous verses, then why bother? I'm not going to debate with somebody who thinks the Scriptures contradict each other and are not true.

I would like to caution you again about trying to debate these things with others. Are you here only so you can get the goods you need to win arguments, and show people where they are in error? You seem to have good intentions--unlike many who have come here so they can go spit in their pastors' faces--but it's not our job to go out and show all the Christians where they're wrong. You say you want to "arm [yourself] with reasoned argument"...if that's the only reason you're here, you're probably going to be disappointed. You will get a lot more out of this website if you're here to discover the truth and learn about applying these truths to your own life.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

Hello Again,

Might it be that Rome is not directly implicated as the beast in Revelation because of the time when it was written? There had already been some Roman persecution of Christians under Nero, who ruled the empire between 54 and 68 AD. What a politically incorrect document Revelation would have been, for hundreds and hundreds of years, if the beast's identity weren't veiled in symbolism. I suspect Jesus knows what He's doing. Well, context and relationship, there is so much of these supporting this understanding. Are you familiar with the four beasts of Daniel, as well as the four corresponding divisions of the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream? There's so much that pertains to this, and I encourage you to explore it. If anybody would like a link to some good materials, email me and I'll be happy to provide. But in the spirit of not arguing dissenting viewpoints on this forum, to which rule I've agreed, I'll leave the pursuit or otherwise of followup regarding this matter to your own discretion.

Extol, I'm not an Adventist, nor do I have any Adventist friends. But Adventists have been making Revelation and Biblical prophecy their stock-in-trade for about 170 years and, though I don't agree with everything they propose, I've nonetheless suggested that they're quite good at the study of prophetic scripture, and well worth some attention. But your mileage may vary, and I'll leave it at that.

I appreciate the verses which indicate that Christ fully intends to save all from death in sin, but it's not quite enough, as there is also so much that implies, or can easily be made to imply that salvation is selective, and these things also need to be addressed. I don't mean that you've somehow fallen short of adequate demonstration, but it's important that I arm myself with reasoned argument supported by scripture to deal with all aspects of the issue. It doesn't seem at all far-fetched to me that error in accurately understanding the ultimate fate of all of humanity has been allowed by God these past 2000 years and that now, as we approach the end, it's appropriate to correct it. And I hope Mr. Smith will provide me with the tools to do this, if not the whole toolbox, at least a good start, because I do so want to believe and teach that all of God's prodigal children will be guided home.

These direct statements you and Mr. Smith have provided which point simply to all of humanity being ultimately protected are quite good, as is the understanding that the word, judgment, can also be understood as 'to make things right'. I suspect the latter, word-meaning insight will be helpful in "debunking" those many statements in scripture which suggest that salvation is selective.

In Christ,
Mark

Hello!

The reason Rome is not directly mentioned as the beast in revelation is because it is not the beast. When you establish doctrine in scripture, you need to compare spiritual with spiritual because no verse is ever becoming its own interpretation. Comparing spiritual with spiritual requires AT LEAST two witnesses!

2 Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture at all is becoming its own explanation.

1 Corinthians 2:12-15 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Everything you need to understand scripture is itself contained within the scriptures but without the spirit of God it will be in vain. You will never find in scripture two witnesses that testify to the idea that the beast of scripture is anything else but mankind itself. Notice I said "in scripture" because you can find plenty of that nonsense outside of it.

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

The two witnesses have power:

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

The scriptures are the witnesses because they are who testify of God and in their multitude their is safety!

Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Proverbs 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Every word and doctrine we believe is testified to by the cloud of witnesses, the multitude of counselors, the two anointed ones who stand before the Lord of all the earth. It must be or it is not truth!

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Zechariah 4:11-14
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Jesus' words are spirit and to understand spirit you need to compare spiritual with spiritual. And to compare something with something else you need those two witnesses!

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Lastly, what you establish as doctrine cannot contradict the other truths of scripture (established in the mouth of two or three witnesses) because the Sum of God's Word is truth.

Psa 119:160  The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever.

Revelation is the revelation OF Jesus and it is His Words [which are spirit] that are recorded for our benefit by John.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

To understand the Words of Jesus which are spiritual (John 6:63) you have to compare spiritual with spiritual (1 Cor 2:12-15).

So here again are the two witnesses of God which stand before the Lord of all the earth and who are given power as pertaining to the matter of the beast of revelation:

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has a mind calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is the number of mankind, and its number is six hundred sixty-six."

Ecclesiastes 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

You will never understand revelation or the book of daniel so long as you are looking for the beast somewhere out there. The revelation of Jesus Christ is the revelation of Him who IS, WAS, and WILL BE.  Everyone that has ever lived (minus God himself) is the beast of revelation.

In Christ,
Alex

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:31:43 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »

Alex and Extol,

You have both answered well from the Scriptures.

It gives me a good feeling inside to know that young men have correct Scriptural understanding by God's Spirit.

Do not be upset because I called you young.  I'm over the hill and hoping not to be buried under it.   :D

It's pleasing to read your words.

John

horan

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 03:57:35 PM »

It appears to me that you folks, or some of you, are very much willing to assume that you understand my experience and motives, interestingly without having made any inquiry of me regarding them. It appears that because I've used the word, argument, that you assume I want to argue, whereas I understand that word as pertaining to the sphere of discussion. I have looked into some of the points you raise, today reading about the Greek word 'anthropou', and though there's easily another way of looking at this word as referring to man non specifically, without construing it to mean all of mankind, I'll let the matter drop, because I can sense no openness of mind here. I'm looking into each of the things you've raised, but I detect no willingness to consider anything that I've presented and, after all, I have agreed not to argue. So please do remove me from your forum membership, while I continue to acquire what I perceive to be the necessary support in scripture for universal salvation. Still, in closing, thank you Extol for a nice list of direct statements in this regard. I think this is a very important issue, and I want to be able to defend this position well, across all of scripture, including that which is easily construed as suggesting a selective salvation. What's adequate for you as sufficient is not necessarily adequate for others.

In Christ,
Mark

Jeff

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »

...though I suspect that making the beast of Revelation synonymous with mankind simply won't work because of the many references to it in various contexts and relations to other parts of the Revelation narrative...

Prepare to be amazed Horan! :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.