bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about anti christs  (Read 11025 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Question about anti christs
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »

It appears to me that you folks, or some of you, are very much willing to assume that you understand my experience and motives, interestingly without having made any inquiry of me regarding them. It appears that because I've used the word, argument, that you assume I want to argue, whereas I understand that word as pertaining to the sphere of discussion. I have looked into some of the points you raise, today reading about the Greek word 'anthropou', and though there's easily another way of looking at this word as referring to man non specifically, without construing it to mean all of mankind, I'll let the matter drop, because I can sense no openness of mind here. I'm looking into each of the things you've raised, but I detect no willingness to consider anything that I've presented and, after all, I have agreed not to argue. So please do remove me from your forum membership, while I continue to acquire what I perceive to be the necessary support in scripture for universal salvation. Still, in closing, thank you Extol for a nice list of direct statements in this regard. I think this is a very important issue, and I want to be able to defend this position well, across all of scripture, including that which is easily construed as suggesting a selective salvation. What's adequate for you as sufficient is not necessarily adequate for others.

In Christ,
Mark

O.K.  We'll catch you later.

The Scriptures say, "All will know me from the least to the greatest".

However, to be correct, we did inquire of you.  You were asked to provide two Scriptures to support your belief that the Beast is Rome.  You could not provide Scriptures.  Only your opinion and the opinions of other "great men" from the past who believe that false concept.

You would be unhappy here because we look for Scriptural support for the Truth, not the opinions of men.

Jeff

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 04:24:43 PM »

It appears to me that you folks, or some of you, are very much willing to assume that you understand my experience and motives, interestingly without having made any inquiry of me regarding them. It appears that because I've used the word, argument, that you assume I want to argue, whereas I understand that word as pertaining to the sphere of discussion. I have looked into some of the points you raise, today reading about the Greek word 'anthropou', and though there's easily another way of looking at this word as referring to man non specifically, without construing it to mean all of mankind, I'll let the matter drop, because I can sense no openness of mind here. I'm looking into each of the things you've raised, but I detect no willingness to consider anything that I've presented and, after all, I have agreed not to argue. So please do remove me from your forum membership, while I continue to acquire what I perceive to be the necessary support in scripture for universal salvation. Still, in closing, thank you Extol for a nice list of direct statements in this regard. I think this is a very important issue, and I want to be able to defend this position well, across all of scripture, including that which is easily construed as suggesting a selective salvation. What's adequate for you as sufficient is not necessarily adequate for others.

In Christ,
Mark

Mark,

You really have to read everything to understand where we're coming from.  If you find the same understanding, then it will make sense.  If you don't, then you aren't meant to.

Ray Smith (prophet or not) was at the very least a man who desired something so much that he wrestled with his Creator for wisdom and understanding of the Scriptures.  Ray spent a lot of time on his knees (literally and in his heart) and God showed him many wonderful and amazing truths.

These truths are hard for some to accept as you can see from the many emails on the home page.  I pray that God will open your heart and mind, but you will have to do the work and read, read, read.  If it's God's purpose that you should see the Truth, you will, and it will make you hunger for more.

This place 'Bible-Truths' is probably unlike anything you've ever experienced.  Bringing "our" truths here for debate isn't the purpose of the forum, it's to revel in the Truths that Ray spent so much time (years of his life) searching for, through prayer and worship. 

That's why we're here.  You don't have to defend anything - but you do have to read.  My guess is that as interested as you seem to be in finding Truth, you will, if you read and pray.  I think my first visit here consisted of 8 or 9 straight hours of reading, with my jaw hanging open.

Read!

Peace
Jeff

[Edited slightly]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:34:31 PM by Jeff »

Kat

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 04:33:21 PM »

Mark, no we don't have a fully understanding of what you are about, nor do I think you understand why we are coming across as we do. It's not that we are close minded so much as we've all heard these type arguments before. We all have come out of the church and all their doctrines and most of us here have studied a great deal and have discussed many points of Scripture to come to the understanding we share. There are certain things that we have found true, in Scripture, that make other things irrelevant or not something to really consider.

You should continue reading through what is presented on the Bible-truths site, as we all have. This will give you much to consider from the Scripture and make your discussions here on a more even kilter with us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:08:04 PM by Kat »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.