bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The entire bible in one facebook post  (Read 4825 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The entire bible in one facebook post
« on: August 21, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »

This was too funny not to share. Hope you guys get a kick out of it, i know I did!

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: The entire bible in one facebook post
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:09 AM »

haha.......

it's pretty much don't do this but we did it anyway  ;D

Rhys
🤫

Ricky

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »

Making fun  of scripture and getting a kick out of it!! sorry I don't have that weakness. I see nothing funny in His word. Like the bible is some kind of a joke we can get a kick out of.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »

Making fun  of scripture and getting a kick out of it!! sorry I don't have that weakness. I see nothing funny in His word. Like the bible is some kind of a joke we can get a kick out of.

Hey Ricky, we aren't making fun of scripture. We're having a good laugh at the "Strange work (Isaiah 28:21)" that the Lord is doing. Sometimes an acceptable reaction is to see the humor in it, that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts, otherwise you might go crazy! Don't take it all so seriously! :)

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 11:16:10 PM »

If I did not take it all seriously, I would not be here, You should all know by now that I have enough trouble with all of this as it is.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 11:55:49 PM »

Okay Ricky, I see your point. I guess we need to be careful that we do not appear to be flippant about God's work/plan and the disobedience that mankind has continuously displayed.

Humor is fine, but with this subject matter it can be misinterpreted as ridicule. We all take very serious what is in Scripture and to jest about it may be a means for some to get relief from the heaviness of it. Here is the Good News translation of that verse Alex referred to.

Isa 28:21  The LORD will fight as He did at Mount Perazim and in the valley of Gibeon, in order to do what He intends to do---strange as His actions may seem. He will complete His work, His mysterious work.

Indeed His actions are "strange" to this world... but we who know/understand the mystery of the truth can find great comfort in what He is doing and where it all is leading, the salvation of ALL!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 12:45:14 AM »

Thx Kat, I am gonna start a new one I some answer`s for.    Ricky

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »

If I did not take it all seriously, I would not be here, You should all know by now that I have enough trouble with all of this as it is.  Ricky

Hi Ricky, I'm sorry this caused you some frustration or even doubt. That was certainly not my intention! If anything, it was to show the sovereignty of God at work with a bit of humor along the way! After all, this creation was MADE SUBJECT to vanity and not by its own will (Romans 8:20). So in it we see the struggle and inability of man to obey God (Psalm 53:2-3) because the clay was marred first in the hands of the potter (Jeremiah 18:4) with a weak heart (Jeremiah 17:9) and the carnal mind is deep seated hatred towards God (Romans 8:7). We who have the firstfruits of the spirit (Romans 8:23, Gal. 4:6) know this and that it is God who calls, chooses, and ultimately justifies His elect (Romans 8:33)--Their names written in the book of life from the very beginning (Rev 17:8).

I delight in God's Word and His truths, my only shame being my inability to follow and obey at all times the Lord I love above all things. I am naked before Him, nothing is Hidden from His eyes. I take this all very seriously but I have grown enough to be able to laugh at my own inability and this condition I see creation in without losing my reverence and love for our very wise Father who in the end, as Kat stated, will save all His creation. His way may seem strange at times but it is for our benefit that things are this way and God's plan is absolutely perfect.

Besides, a little laughter is good every now and then! I'm real big on the laughing, sometimes its the only thing I can do as I wait upon the Lord.

Me sincerest apologies if I created even a moment of doubt for you. I'm in this race with the intent of finishing it!

Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Your brother in Christ,
Alex

Ricky

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:37:34 AM »

Hi Alex, thank you for your nice reply, I never ment to disarm you in any way with my wineing about what I said, I should be more careful.  Ricky

judy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 06:14:28 PM »

ok Ricky I'll tell you why I laughed, because we all have that silly childlike (if you are lucky) baloney left in us. "Unless you become like a little child you will not see the kingdom of heaven"  Kids are funny, (not meaning we make a diet of nonsense but it isn't called comic relief for nothing.) I have always  wondered if God laughs. I know God can handle it. There was a minister once who defined humor as the distance between the sacred and the human. Unless we are perfect we will fall into that chasm many, many times before we die. love ya, judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.