bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For we live by Faith, Not by *Sight.  (Read 4745 times)

Miranda_78

For we live by Faith, Not by *Sight.
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:59:27 AM »

I have a question on, -Sight.
Is sight exactly the 5 senses that we have? What we see, hear, taste etc i am not sure if it means our senses or if it means we don't walk by how difficult our trials are but always walking by Faith.  2Corinthians 5:7
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:17:46 AM by Miranda_78 »

rick

Re: For we live by Faith, Not by *Sight.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

Hello Miranda,

It’s a good question, I would think sight = carnality , the carnal mind. Faith is a gift from God, I’m talking about the true faith in God that leads to salvation.

This saving faith is a gift from God, everyone will receive this faith each in their own order either here and now on this side of the resurrection and all others will receive this saving faith after the resurrection to the white throne judgement.

By the way, never be fearful to where you think you stand  because God’s judgements are a good thing not a bad thing.

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, Jesus who began a good work is faithful and just to also finish the work He started.

Either way one looks at it, everything is of God through God an for God and its Gods will that all be saved an Gods will, will be done, no power on earth or heaven could ever stop God from doing as He pleases and it pleases God to save all.

Hope that helps.   :)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »

Hi Miranda,

Keep in mind that no verse ever becomes its own interpretation(2 Peter 1:20).

I decided to look at the word paul used through strong's on esword. Here is what I found.

eidos
i'-dos
From G1492; a view, that is, form (literally or figuratively): - appearance, fashion, shape, sight.

Considering spirit is currently unseen (translated 'invisible' by the KJV, i.e. we can't see its form, shape, appearance etc...), what paul said about faith would seem to fit this well. Everything about God requires that the faithful follow not after what the eyes can visibly see now but through faith which begins as a gift small as a mustard seed and grows into the largest of tree's under God's nurture and care until we come to a full understanding of God, to a perfect man (See Ephesians chapter 4). We are promised though that one day we shall see God as He is.

Here is a verse that goes beautifully with this idea:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

There is also this same joyful concrete anticipation to come that God subjected the creation to when He also subjected it to vanity (see Romans chapter 8).

The author of hebrews makes a similar statement which I believe is a strong spiritual match even carrying over to the "not seen" or as paul put it "not by sight."

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the convinction of things not seen.

The word used for 'substance' means a firm ground. It is the firm ground because our Faith is from God and God cannot lie. Faith is the firm ground beneath our feet by which we win our souls.

Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition [Gk: "lostness"] ; but of faith, to the winning of the soul.

When we feel like sinking deep into the mire of despair, faith is the firm ground beneath our feet that allows us to stand tall. 

So to answer your question, we always walk by faith, we stay calm and trust in God so that when a thousand fall we remain standing because of that firm ground beneath our feet.

Psalm 91:7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.

Hope this helps some. It may be a slightly different perspective but I felt like it was a good one to share.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:27:53 AM »

I have a question on, -Sight.
Is sight exactly the 5 senses that we have? What we see, hear, taste etc i am not sure if it means our senses or if it means we don't walk by how difficult our trials are but always walking by Faith.  2Corinthians 5:7

Hi Miranda,

2Co 5:7  For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Yes we walk/live by faith or belief/trust that God will do what He says. Paul had just said at the end of chapter 4.

2Cor 4:18  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal (eonian - age-abiding).

So these "things which are not seen are eonian" - for the next age, we obtain them through faith/belief...

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

And what are these "things not seen" and hoped for?

Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
v. 23  And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
v. 24  For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?
v. 25  But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:52:58 AM »

Abraham's life of believing in the promises of God are outstanding examples of faith, and obedience.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.