bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Prayer  (Read 8241 times)

repottinger

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Need Prayer
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 01:40:48 AM »

You're very welcome, Jeff.
God bless you,
Randy

Jeff

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 08:53:59 PM »

Thank You Joel.  I very much appreciate your prayers and kind words.

Dennis - I also want to thank you for the link to the recording Ray made talking about being in spiritual prison. This is something that I recognized at one point but my failing memory causes me to forget. I know exactly why Jesus would put me in spiritual prison and (obviously) it's far more than appropriate - I fully deserve to be there. When things are going well I set my faith aside. So many times in my life I've abandoned my faith only to find myself facing something that drives me to my knees. It's a pathetic thing to have to be reminded that God is first above all things.  Not praising God when life is good shames me.  It's the main reason my life has been filled with misery - I prompt it.  I'm sorry to have bothered everyone here with this, but I'm grateful that you took me in, and helped to recognize the truth.  I have much to repent for.

Jeff

Kat

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »

Jeff, have no regrets for bringing this here, it is the means that God used to help you. We cannot judge you in this at all, you are certainly no worse in this than any of us are in our weaknesses. Glad you turned to us and hope you will continue to come around and participate in the discussions.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:38:34 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »

Jeff, have no regrets for bring this here, it is the means that God used to help you. We cannot judge you in this at all, you are certainly no worse in this than any of us are in our weaknesses. Glad you turned to us and hope you will continue to come around and participate in the discussions.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Amen Kat.

Jeff, you are among good company here. We are all sinners but we have a great hope because the spirit of God is working in us to conform us into the image of sons and daughters.

With time, God provides the victory, but some of our battles last much longer than we think they need to; However, God's plan is perfect and He knows far better than we do as to how much we can handle and how much we need to be conformed to that image. Remember that Jesus suffered intensely and He was the forerunner. The one we are to emulate.

Hebrews 12:1-8
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

So if He suffered to be glorified, then we too must suffer, and though that suffering is never pleasent, it cannot compare with the things that God has prepared for us which quickly drawing near.

Romans 8:15-19
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand!

Hang in there Jeff, you're not alone in your shame and suffering, be encouraged that God is dealing with you as a son.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 10:33:53 PM »

It's the main reason my life has been filled with misery - I prompt it.

I think most everyone here who is honest would have to admit to that as well.  If I have to suffer I would rather suffer for righteousness sake but my experience has been that most of my suffering has been self inflicted.  God keeps accurate books and even though he loves us the law of sowing and reaping haven't been repealed.  I know I've learned some lessons along the way and don't do some of the things I used to do when I was younger but in other things it seems I have to relearn the same lessons over and over again.  God is so incredibly patient with us isn't he?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 01:38:21 AM »

Jeff, it's not troublesome.  These truths are not things I'm able to think about all day long every day.  It takes some 'prompting' to settle down and 'think on these things'.  Sometimes it happens here.  Sometimes in so-called "real-life".  They HAVE become so ingrained that I usually know when I'm 'straying', but a lot of the time, life just rolls along until He shows up.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

Thank You Joel.  I very much appreciate your prayers and kind words.

Dennis - I also want to thank you for the link to the recording Ray made talking about being in spiritual prison. This is something that I recognized at one point but my failing memory causes me to forget. I know exactly why Jesus would put me in spiritual prison and (obviously) it's far more than appropriate - I fully deserve to be there. When things are going well I set my faith aside. So many times in my life I've abandoned my faith only to find myself facing something that drives me to my knees. It's a pathetic thing to have to be reminded that God is first above all things.  Not praising God when life is good shames me.  It's the main reason my life has been filled with misery - I prompt it.  I'm sorry to have bothered everyone here with this, but I'm grateful that you took me in, and helped to recognize the truth.  I have much to repent for.

Jeff

I think it helps us all when we ask each other for help/prayers Jeff.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »

Prayers for you Jeff.

We all go through things in this life and who knows what is around the corner but keep your focus on Him. That brings me peace through the difficult times. It's all for a purpose and God knows how long so rejoice.

Rhys
🤫

Jeff

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:39 AM »

I have nothing but love and respect for every one of you to the full extent our Savior affords me. Thank you.  I'm humbled and grateful to God for all of you.  Everyone of you has given something to me that will help me grow in Christ.

Truthfully, this is home until He returns, and even then...

lauriellen

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »

Jeff, I can also certainly relate with everything you are going thru and will also pray for you. I can not add any better words of comfort or advice than you have already received here. What a treasure to have such wise and caring counsel. I pray for all here and seems we are all in the same 'boat' in one way or another. I am slowly learning the truth of what John has said, altho agonizing, it is truth. We have to let go of I, me, and mine. God's will and purpose is all that matters in this life. When circumstances in my life seem like they can't possibly get any worse, they do...and I am reminded that this is all temporary, it will pass, the times of restoration will certainly come, probably not in this life, but it will come......that is the hope I cling to.
Much love,
Lauriellen

judy

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »

jeff, the loss of someone you loved is like a death. This might take awhile but this is a good place in learning to come to acceptance.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.