bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: christian prayer  (Read 9106 times)

RMA_Guy

Re: christian prayer
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »

Over the weekend was my mother's birthday. she asked me to go to church with her although she knows that I don't typically go to conventional churches. it was one of Joseph Prince's churches. I almost told her I didn't feel like going, and perhaps usually I would not. Maybe it was because it was her birthday or that I felt guilty about declining but I decided for the sake of getting along with my mother who I love I would go. Of course his message was riddled with contradictions. He alluded to many truths we believe here but of course it was alwaysaccented with plenty of consequences. He didn't seem to make a lot of sense and even my parents after the message thought he lacks continuity and flow in his message probably because what he was trying to teach was completely contradictory and it took a lot to just keep from shaking my head. I didn't really saying during the praise and worship, I didn't raise my hands when they ask me to, and I didn't
I didnt bow my head during prayers ( I didn't know what they were going to pray so I was hesitant to blindly recite it). I was polite, smiled, and told people that it was a nice service when they asked me how I liked it. I would agree with Kat, if we have people in our lives that we care about we are sometimes put  in situations that we aren't comfortable with or would purposely subject ourselves to. So while I'm not going to make a habit of going, I swallowed my pride. I need to be the more spiritually mature person. Jesus hung around with people who didn't seem to have a clue as to what they were even believing, but he was the example to show them. you can be that someone to them and each situation is different.

Try to handle it with as much grace, love and pity for them, be thankful your eyes are opened to thing many don't understand. Just try not to get caught rolling your eyes ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:02:34 PM by RMA_Guy »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

Dear friend Guy,

I appreciate the way you handled that experience with your Mother.
I am positive in my own mind that God appreciated the love you displayed for her and for God.
God always appreciates it when we do good to the least of them who put their trust in HIM.

Matthew 25:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

= = =

Some would say that these verses apply only to fellow believers.
But aren't all persons future believers?
Sharing a heart of true love with the world is a benefit to God's work whether they understand or not.

You have done a good thing.

Indiana Bob

judy

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »

So good, all of it. lili?????/ can't re-call the spelling. , said something about praying or teaching that made me laugh because it has happened to me several times. I can get to teaching in the blink of an eye and used to pray for people and still do, but now, because of something horrid happened after a prayer I will pray but I also say "only if in accordance of your will" I am truly afraid to pray any other way. First of all people were drawn to ME and that's not what i wanted, I wanted them drawn to God. Secondly, I prayed for the peace of my grandson and that God would give him a strong mind but mainly peace. Two days later at the age of 17 he (Chase) shot himself in the head twice. Of course he died in my husband's arms. I am so sorry I ever prayed without saying, "thy will be done"  judy

judy

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 11:23:10 PM »

I am replying to my own message, I actually wanted help but wrote the above as a statement. If you read it again do you think my grandson's death had anything about it because I prayed wrong?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 11:43:31 PM »

I am replying to my own message, I actually wanted help but wrote the above as a statement. If you read it again do you think my grandson's death had anything about it because I prayed wrong?

No, Judy.  I don't believe it works like that.  If we don't sway the Father to do our will with our prayers, then we don't sway Him not to do His will by praying 'wrong'.  It was a terrible tragedy, and my heart hurts for you.  I know we can't always see the wisdom in the way He works his purpose.  That's why faith is so important.  Chase will rise and go to His Father.  All will be well.  Indeed, all will be wonderful.  We have that promise.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

judy

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 06:46:58 PM »

Thank you Dave, you gave me an absolute(got to work both ways in one sentence) (my silly method of figuring truth sometimes) At this age I have been through many, many deaths but never the death of a child. He, Chase, was the only child of my son. My son, Michael, raised him by himself which was difficult because the boy had Auspergers Syndrom. Two months later, Michael sent a distress message implicating he couldn't live without his son. The person called the police, and did they ever show up!!! 10 squad cars, an ambulance and taser guns which they used on my son 3 times because when they burst into the house (it was proven Michael had earphones on) and jumped on his back, Michael threw one officer down. 7, seven, months in jail and Michael wouldn't plea. He was aquitted by a jury. Now the lawyers. At the same time my oldest daughter, Theresa, came down with one of the rarest forms of cancer known and spent 7 months of round the clock therapy. 3 yrs, now, cancer free. Not me though, I have leukemia which Harvard wants to do a study on my daughter and myself.  I just kept putting one foot in front of the other, hoping. God took one, He gave me one back.
Probably way too much info but sometimes this talking helps, still trying to take it all in. I think this might be closure now. Thank you so much, judy

virginiabm

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 01:28:46 AM »

Hi Judy, my heart breaks for you and your family. I pray that you will find peace knowing that God is in control of all. I know how hard it is to hold on to hope when so much trouble amd heartache is surrounding you. May God bless and comfort you through it all.

with a loving heart,
       virginia miller 

judy

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 02:44:41 AM »

Virginia, thank you. I have to believe, well, not pre-ordained but God knew before anything about whatever would be. Just knowing He knows and cares is the greatest comfort to me. People are amazed at how I hold up but I always tell them, "you have to know there is a God because I am still standing" By nature I am a softy but believe me when I say the Lord is pure steel. Thanks so much, I was drawn back here because I needed others and am so grateful I ever found this site in the first place.  judy

repottinger

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 01:21:55 AM »

I’m so very sorry about all of these extreme problems that are hitting you practically all at once, Judy. Please know that I definitely, completely agree with Dave and Virginia—that your prayers didn’t contribute to your grandson’s tragic death, as God knew that it would occur long before it happened (as He does with all other things). I will be sure to pray for God to give you and your family guidance, comfort, peace, and deliverance (if it in His will) in the face of these almost unimaginable troubles.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

lauriellen

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »

Judy I am so sorry you have had to endure so much tragedy. I am constantly amazed at how much a person is able to suffer and still be able to get up in the morning. It can only be God.
lauriellen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.