bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The other side of the coin.  (Read 5708 times)

rick

The other side of the coin.
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:25:43 PM »

I’m not sure if its ok to speak of the things that are on my mind because we live in a society that is politically correct, political correctness stifles one from expressing their thoughts.

The things I learned from Ray on this website about God is opposite from that which I learned from Christendom. What I would like to say is, as I learn about God and His plan for all humanity I learn things about myself, sometimes I wonder if all this is more about us rather than about God.

There was once a time in my life I thought I was on top of the world but had a fear of death today I don’t have a fear of death but see myself at the bottom of the world.

I’ve come to understand if I break one law of God I have broken all the laws of God because I am a law breaker, I’ve come to see myself as poor and naked and wretched, I am no better than the worst of the worst, that’s my status, for there is no good thing that dwells in me. 

According to the old testament adultery could only be committed by the physical act but in the new testament Jesus said that if a man looks upon a women as to want her he has already committed adultery.

I don’t believe I’m alone on this however that really is irrelevant because I cannot measure myself to anyone because that is saying God  I’m not like that one or the other one.

I seem to have this sexual appetite that is a thorn in my side, its not that I practice this appetite outwardly in a physical way but its rather something my thoughts are always confronted with, although I would like to be free from it I find I’m in bondage to it.

I ask myself where do all things originate from including my thoughts?  I remember Ray saying that everything we do, think and say come from causes, what ever I do or think and say is only because something caused me to.

God is the cause of all things ultimately so God is reasonable and  I’m the effect of God’s causes and held accountable for not only my actions but my thoughts as well.

I don’t know what it is that I’m suppose to learn or understand having this thorn in my side I only know it a plague to me but a plague that will ultimately make me in the image of God.

Of all the things I don’t know in this life this I do know that I am poor and naked and wretched but I’m not without hope for I know God will deliver me and save me from myself and I shall be in His image and then my image will cease to exist because God said Gen 22:18  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed. Because thou hast obeyed my voice.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: The other side of the coin.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »

I've been re-reading the LOF series once again and specifically the 'myth of free will' sections in #15.  He goes over some of the thing that you [and I, us] are dealing with here.  It might be beneficial to go over these again as there is always something new that we never saw before or that we had forgotten.  Might be worth another look.

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »

Hello Rick,
Thanks for the important topic.
===

God made us to have to struggle...
It is the struggle that builds character.
Character is not built by a single, sincere decision to stop sinning.
Sinning is in our nature and will always be with us until God changes our nature.
So character is built by a "lifetime" of overcoming something.

What we learn during our lifetime of overcoming is that we are weak and unable to overcome on our own strength. That is one of the lessons God needs for us to learn and to make a part of our character.

We need God! No matter how successful we may be in other endeavors, building character requires practice and practicing with God's help. The more we achieve the more God places before us, for our benefit.

So for most of us, perhaps all of us, God will not remove the struggle.
It is our pathway to glory and we should embrace it every morning as we face the new day, acknowledging our need for God and welcoming the character building struggle HE has assigned to the sons he loves.

Indiana Bob

rick

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »

I've been re-reading the LOF series once again and specifically the 'myth of free will' sections in #15.  He goes over some of the thing that you [and I, us] are dealing with here.  It might be beneficial to go over these again as there is always something new that we never saw before or that we had forgotten.  Might be worth another look.

Hi Arion,

I agree that Rays writings are always worth looking over, I remember Ray once said in his writings to think about if you ever made an uncaused choice for a couple of years and how he could do a 50 pg essay on just one human eye let alone two side by side giving us a 3d effect.

There is so much information on this website that could take years or even a lifetime to understand and then all these truths just get deeper as one meditates on them.

We talk about the things Ray taught us but never mention much about where these teachings take us or what our experiences are or what we go through, perhaps there just isn’t enough time or maybe it could be pride that prevents us from doing so.

I remember when I was apart of Christendom and going to the church gatherings how we all acted like we were good people and that everything was just fine but inwardly we all knew something was not right and we all lived with the fear of eternal damnation always hoping our good deeds out weight our bad deeds.

God has brought me a long way from those days and its teachings by willing me here on this site, with all the things I learned here I still know nothing in comparison to all of Gods truths which I would assume go beyond all the things Ray has taught because there is no end to our God or our understanding of God at least in this life or this side of the resurrection.

I really understand why I am as I am or think as I think and I understand God is the giving cause in all things, I don’t believe its enough to say I’ve sinned and apologize and move on in fact our sins have already been forgiven long before we were born.

What is one to understand through sin ? I do understand God is ultimately the cause of all things , I understand I’m to spiritually weak to abort, I understand we are being made in the image of God and that we are here for an experience of good and evil and free will is only a hoax.

Sometimes I think our sins are there to keep us humble, to lets us know we don’t run the show and that our lives really are in the hands of God and He truly rules all things and not us.

Thanks Arion, I will take your suggestion and read ( myth of free will section in #15 ) and I must say it does bother me to say I will do this or that because now I’m standing in the temple of God declaring to be God by doing so. You see, there is no end to sin no mater what we think, do or say we are all guilty before God.

I see I’m physical having a spiritual experience of both good and evil.

God bless.

rick

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »

Hello Rick,
Thanks for the important topic.
===

God made us to have to struggle...
It is the struggle that builds character.

Hi Bob,

Thanks you for the beautiful explanation Bob, sometimes we need to hear things from a different perspective a different analogy to help with our understanding.

Everyone has their own unique way of explaining things but not everyone has the ability to help all another with their understanding , for this cause its good to receive different responses from other members here.

I like how you said God makes us struggle and that struggling builds character, I certainly hope you don’t think I’m boasting but I do see there are things that use to be in my life which are no more.

This talk of character building I can relate to as being made in the image of God but still sinning not being in the fulness of His image, I do see by the grace of God I’m not quite the same as I once was in some areas of my life or I should say in my thoughts or perception of God and life.

I like the title of a song done by the Beatles ( the long and winding road ) the title does represent our lives because the road in front of us does seem long with many curve balls thrown in the mix.

Thanks again Bob.

God bless.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:36:06 PM by Rick »

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:35:41 PM »

I don’t know what it is that I’m suppose to learn or understand having this thorn in my side I only know it a plague to me but a plague that will ultimately make me in the image of God.

Hi Rick,

We are always beating ourselves up because of our weaknesses and our not doing better to rid ourselves of them... the point is to recognize our weaknesses for what they are. Here is the answer that Christ gave Paul for whatever his "thorn in the flesh" was, that he prayed 3 times for relief from.

2Cor 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure (haughty) by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure (haughty).

Note that haughty is the opposite of humble...

Ecc 1:13 ...it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Back to what Paul was saying.

2Cor 12:8  Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
v. 9  And He said to me, "My grace (G5485 - graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy)) is sufficient (Strong's G714 - be content, be enough, suffice, be sufficient) for you...

This first part of Christ's answer speaks of the grace, which is God's divine influence upon the heart that He shows towards us. Here is what Ray said about that in the Bible study 'Saved by Grace thru Faith.'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.0.html -----------

So then we read Paul says, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace (divine influence upon the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I….” (1 Cor 15:10) 

“Yet not I” what? He said I labored, you know what that means, work. I’ve ‘worked’ harder than all of them, yet it wasn’t I that works... right? Notice it wasn’t I that was doing the work, but the grace of God which was with me. The grace of God... what? 

These things are all understood, notice it, I am what I am by His divine influence upon my heart, which He bestowed upon me and it was not in vain. But I labored more abundantly than they all labored, yet not I labored, but the grace of God labored. That’s what it’s saying, can you see that? So what is the grace of God doing in Paul’s heart? It LABORS, it works.

It’s not some ‘thing’ like, ‘well I have the grace of God, that save me.’ They take that word and just tack it on the wall, ‘grace’ there it is, I got it. God said I've got to have it and there it is grace.’ It can’t be in a book, it can’t be on the wall, it’s got to be IN YOUR HEART. What does it do there? IT LABORS - IT WORKS. 

Now let me read that again.

1 Cor 15: 10 “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace (divine influence on the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all (labored): yet not I (labored), but the grace of God (labored) which was with me (labored).” 

There it is, the grace of God… labors.

In the Lake of Fire series I showed that grace is a verb. We learn that when we are judged we are chastened of the Lord, 1 Cor 11: 32. Chastening defines how God judges us. Now we are about to learn something very profound here, if we can get it.

Titus 2:11  “For the grace of God that brings salvation hath appeared to all men,
v. 12  Teaching us….”

What is doing the teaching? Grace is doing the teaching. It’s laboring - it’s teachings - it’s the divine influence of God on our heart, it‘s teaching us. So it’s...

v. 12 ...TEACHING us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world (eon - age);

So when it says God judges us by chastening us in 1 Cor. 11:32, the word chasten there is the Greek word 'paideuō.' Then when God says He graces us, by ‘teaching us’ (Titus 2:12), the word teaching is the same word paideuo and it means - to labor, to work, to chasten, to punish, to teach, to educate. There is like a dozen different words that this means, this ‘teaching.’ That’s what it does, it actually does something. In the same way what it does for us, it will eventually do for the world.

Now that verse tells us that teaching us, denies ungodliness and so on. That one word alone covers everything good and righteous that we could ever do or think. I mean if it’s godly it’s right and good, it’s all in that one word. Notice that this is a godly man, that says it all, I mean if he really is godly, he’s God like. You can’t be God like and Satan like at the same time, you know that does not fit.

So this is a remarkable thing that grace teaches - educates - punishes, if necessary - schools us - programs us and it teaches us to live godly- soberly - justly and righteously. The grace of God teaches us to do all those things and God says His judgments chastens us. It’s the same list of things, it’s the same chastening - gracing, they are the same thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So Christ was saying to Paul, yes you have this "thorn," but you can count on My grace, His divine influence on Paul's heart, to get Paul through anything that would happen. There was obvious lessons for Paul in this thorn/struggle and God would not leave him to deal with it on his own.

Most importantly it glorifies God as He works through us and in the rest of Christ's answer He tells Paul this. So back to what Paul was saying.

2Cor 12:8 ...for My strength (Strong's G1411 - ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work) is made perfect (fulfilled) in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Christ here is telling Paul that it is through these "base things" and all our weaknesses, that He shows His "power." 

1Cor 1:28  and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
v. 29  that no flesh should glory (boast) in His presence.

Yes the elect have weaknesses and problems, and those things certainly keep a person humbled, aware of what we really are, "the things which are not (nothings)." But God's grace will help so that these things/sins no longer have dominion over you (Rom 6:14). Here is how Ray put these things at a conference.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.msg99636.html#msg99636 --------

Do any of you have any questions about sin? Are you frustrated, you can’t overcome certain things or are you just not happy, not content?

[Attendee: Our weaknesses, does God uses that to humbled us?] Absolutely it will humble you. I mean when you try to do some things ten, twenty, fifty times for five or ten years and can’t do it, that’s humbling.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 God gives the children of humanity an experience of evil to humble him thereby.

This is humbling.
v

Romans 14:1 Give a warm welcome to any brother who wants to join you, even though his faith is weak. Don’t criticize him for having different ideas from yours about what was right or wrong.  For instance, don’t argue with him about whether or not to eat meat that has been offered to idols. (Living Bible)

Now do you understand it?  Don’t be afraid to use another translation sometimes. But there’s a point in that scripture. If we are told to not criticize people for different opinions about what is right and wrong, if we are not to do that, then what makes us think that God does that? The truth of the matter is, He doesn’t. Not only doesn’t He pour out His vengeance and wrath and indignation upon us, He doesn’t have any condemnation toward us. You say, ‘I don’t think He appreciates my sins.’ Well, I don’t doubt that.  But that doesn’t turn Him into a wrathful, hate filled God.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
v. 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies.
v. 34 who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea, rather that is risen again; who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
v. 35 Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
v. 36 as it is written, For whose sake we are put to death all the day long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,
v. 37 nay, in all these things we more than conquerors, through Him who loved us;
v. 38 for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present,
v. 39 nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now that should be encouraging to us. Does that then do away with, if you look back you are not fit for the kingdom of God? If you are not willing to sacrifice all and follow Me, does that do away with those Scriptures? No. But it let’s us know what God’s goal is with us.

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Are those sins going to separate us from God, if God is determined to call us for a purpose and see us through to the end? No! We’re going to make it through to the end. ‘Well what if we stumble and fall?’ We may stumble and fall, but the Word says He is able to pick us up again.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falls seven times, and rises up again…

That doesn’t mean he’s finished, all washed up. You have to understand that God is for you.  If God is for you, who or what can be against you? Get that in your head and make that part of your thinking. Think that for the rest of your life. If God is for you… ‘well I don’t know if He is?’ He calls people who are weak and have such stupid ideas as to question God and His motives, as that ‘He didn’t know what He was doing when He called me.’ God says, I did that to confound the mighty, I need your ignorance and weakness, so I can confound the mighty with you. You might say, ‘I’m not wise enough to confound my cat.’ Well, yes… not yet.
----------------------------------------------

God keeps us reminded of our weaknesses and our need for Him, that's why the Apostles understood the trials/persecutions and did not think of these things as bad things, but actually as good things.

Rom 5:1  Now that we have been put right with God through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
v. 2  He has brought us by faith into this experience of God's grace, in which we now live. And so we boast of the hope we have of sharing God's glory!
v. 3  We also boast (Strong's G2744 - (make) boast, glory, joy, rejoice) of our troubles (Strong's G2347 - afflicted, (-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble), because we know that trouble produces endurance,
v. 4  endurance brings God's approval, and His approval creates hope.
v. 5  This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out His love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to us.

2Cor 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
v. 8  We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
v. 9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—
v. 10  always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
v. 11  For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2Tim 4:18  And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever (ages of the ages). Amen!

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:31:45 PM by Kat »

judy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »

Hi Kat, been a few yrs. Appreciate what you have written of Ray's teachings. The older i get the harder it becomes because the depths of sin residing in us is unfathomable. I fell into the mode of whipping, not literally, but sheer torture because my eyes were on my sins, sins I never thought possible of myself. Boy, is this a trick of the evil One and the good One. I thought I was humbled enough, decent enough but God showed me just how far and how deep is sin. What I was doing wrong , once again, was trying to save myself, more prayer, guilt, etc. So WRONG because it took my eyes off God and His shed blood of redemption. I thought the whole saving process was pretty much over, it's never over on this earth. Only God can make a saint. I still can't believe I fell for it, 40 yrs in the making and I plunged into the pit of hell. Hell being not a place but a teaching mansion for those who are called to show us once again we are nothing by ourselves. I just can't seem to die to myself because there is no end to sin. I needed to be reminded and I most certainly was. Thanks, judy

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »

Hi Kat, been a few yrs. Appreciate what you have written of Ray's teachings. The older i get the harder it becomes because the depths of sin residing in us is unfathomable. I fell into the mode of whipping, not literally, but sheer torture because my eyes were on my sins, sins I never thought possible of myself. Boy, is this a trick of the evil One and the good One. I thought I was humbled enough, decent enough but God showed me just how far and how deep is sin. What I was doing wrong , once again, was trying to save myself, more prayer, guilt, etc. So WRONG because it took my eyes off God and His shed blood of redemption. I thought the whole saving process was pretty much over, it's never over on this earth. Only God can make a saint. I still can't believe I fell for it, 40 yrs in the making and I plunged into the pit of hell. Hell being not a place but a teaching mansion for those who are called to show us once again we are nothing by ourselves. I just can't seem to die to myself because there is no end to sin. I needed to be reminded and I most certainly was. Thanks, judy

Hi Judy,

Here are some more verses which may help bring our struggles against sin into perspective.

1 John 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3:10-19
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Psalm 14:2-3
2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Seeing then that we are under grace, which Kat shared a great deal about, sin is not to REIGN in our mortal bodies (Romans 6) but even coming to such a place is likely a life long struggle, race, through which the endurance of leads to aionion life and immortality.  Either way, God will justify us so have patients and take heart all you saints! You cannot lose God.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:28:43 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 11:05:49 AM »

Hi Kat,

I believe you when you say we are always beating ourselves up because of our weaknesses and worst,  being left with the guilt of not doing better in dealing with our weaknesses.

Sometimes I feel because of my inability to overcome those things which appear to be done by nature that I throw my hands up and surrender to my weaknesses only to feel the weight of my guilt, although I  revisit the notion I can prevail if I only try harder just one more time I realize I’m going round in a vicious circle.

I’m fully convince no man can conquer his own nature except by Divine intervention nor without Divine intervention can a man even think of doing such a thing seeing where first is the natural then the spiritual.

Perhaps what I go through is nothing more than the echos of Christendom which teaches that we are to master ourselves because it teaches its fables and twisted truths that we send ourselves to hell and not God. ( A note to those who are here for the first time, hell is a hoax, a lie its not a real place )     

Thanks Kat, for helping me put something’s into perspective.   

God bless. 

Kat

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

Hi Rick, here are a few emails that I think are encouraging for us all in the struggle to overcome sin and strive to endure to the end.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3252.0.html ----

Dear Ray,

Thank you so much for your site.  I have been questioning for so long, and it is a relief to read your articles!  Finding the truth is a good thing.  The question I have is this: how can I truely turn to God?  How can I "come out" and return to my first love?  You see I am in such a low place right now, how can I know, believe, receive?  I grew up in pentacostal churches and was pretty much brain washed, I feel guilty all the time.  Help.

Thank you,
        Jennifer

Dear Jennifer:

We ALL have been in your situation where we didn't know where or how to turn to straighten out our lives. Truth is, you are right where God wants you. And I will not deliver you from your troubles. If I could or if I were to do that, you would then LOOK TO ME as some great one who has the answers to life and how to apply them to be spiritually strong and happy. No, Jennifer, you must go to God. God is your Saviour. I can encourage you, I can pray to God that you stay faithful to what you are learning, but your must "Work out YOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling.....for [BECAUSE] it is GOD [and ONLY GOD] which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:12-13).

If you are reading and studying and praying and obeying the things you are learning on our site, then you are on the right road and God will ultimately give you the victory  over your sins and weaknesses just as He is doing with the rest of His called and chosen elect. God IS ALREADY showing you how to repent of leaving your "First Love." That is WHY you are feeling as you are. It is because God is calling all this to your spiritual attention. You would never change or overcome if God didn't first put you in the position you are now in. What may appear as a dead-end street to you now, Jennifer, is only the temporary detour to the highway of spiritual recovery and growth.  Don't become discouraged in well-doing. God is able to bring you through all this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1681.0.html ----

Dear Chris:

Yes, "been there; done that."  You can't of yourself get yourself out of your sin and misery.  You desire it, but you will not find the strength in yourself to do it.  God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God.  When you get that low and are so very thoroughly convinced that you can and will never overcome your most horrible sins, that is when God will come to your rescue.  You must be convinced that if you are saved from yourself and your sins, that it was God that did it and not you. I am convinced of that in my life. If God is choosing you, then it will also happen in your life.  Just keep praying and obeying until God gives you the victory over yourself and your sin. I will pray for you.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2888.0.html -----

Dear Rob:

You are right, I cannot help you overcome your carnal sins. That is something that we all have to do between ourselves and God. God is dealing with you and will continue to deal with you. I cannot change God's timing for what He has in store for your life. 

Those of us who are maybe a little more mature, have all gone through what you are going through.  That's why the Bible calls us BEASTS. We often think and act and desire as do BEASTS.  You will not quit sinning until God deems it time for you to quit, but in the mean time, you will come to hate your sins, and still will not be able to overcome them. You will cry out to the only One Who can help you. We all must make our "walk through the valley of the shadow of death."  It is not a pleasant journey, but to come through it and have a clean and clear conscious for the first time in your life, is itself quite rewarding.

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#finished -------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Steve:

God has given ALL OF US, weaknesses.  Some have financial problems, others marital, others health, others bad tempers, others fear and uncertainty, others are mentally and emotionally unstable, etc., etc., etc.  The thing to remember is, "GOD AIN'T FINISHED WITH YOU YET"!!

Don't feel that just because you have certain problems and weaknesses that you will never ever overcome them. GOD IS ABLE! These weaknesses humble us and drive us to our knees and therefore, they do a good work in us.

I have as many genetic and emotional weaknesses as anyone, but I don't let them get me down.  I press on with the assurance that God will not let me down. And as we mature, we find that we are stronger in faith, and mature even more quickly.  I do not have near the sins today that I had just a half dozen years ago.   God has conquered things in me that I was never able to conquer, try as hard as I may.

Peter denied Jesus three times in one evening.  But in later years, Peter was as bold as a lion!  Be of good cheer, as Jesus said,  He overcame THE WORLD, and it is this same Jesus that is now living IN US!

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm#stop ------------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

Unfortunately, there is not a magic bullet that will instantly clean us of all sin and bad habits. Even the physical analogies of this spiritual washing, purging, and cleaning of our carnality, indicate that time is required. It takes time to wash clothing, it takes time to purify gold and silver in a furnace, etc.

The penalty of sin issue can be settled in your heart and mind the instant you come to realize that Jesus PAID IN FULL the penalty for your sins and all the sin of the world. However, paying the penalty for sin does NOT instantly PURGE AND WASH US CLEAN OF SIN. The penalty is paid, but the condition lingers.

The more you SEE your sins and shortcomings, the more you will DESIRE to rid yourself of these things. We are crucified WITH CHRIST, yet we live, but the life we live is one of OVERCOMING THE SINS FOR WHICH WE AND CHRIST DIED FOR.

We have been HAND-PICKED by God to be in His kingdom. Now we must go through the training course that He has set before us.  Jesus said that He overcame THE WORLD. We too are to overcome THE WORLD. It's a HUGE task, that requires the power of SPIRIT to accomplish.

Don't become discouraged in well-doing. You will triumph IN Christ if you have His spirit working in you. God will give you the DESIRE to want to do right and be right.

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished!

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4098.0.html ----------

Dear Embarrassed:

You are not alone out there with this particular pull of the flesh for sexual gratification. It is common among all men (and women to a somewhat lesser extent).  It is GOOD that we should feel embarrassed over our sins. My past sins are an embarrassment to me when I from time to time think about them. If they were NOT an embarrassment to me, I might still be committing these same stupid and lustful acts.  Embarrassment and guilt are good for us. These feelings first make us realize that these things are lustful, and wrong, and stupid.  But we will not have victory over them unless and until God reveals to us their real purpose and need to get rid of them.

Where did the mechanism by which Eve:  "saw that the tree was GOOD FOR FOOD, and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES, and a tree to be desired to MAKE ONE WISE..." come from in the first place?  Did SHE create these desires in her heart and mind and soul?  Get real--SHE HAD NOT A CLUE!  God created humanity in the spiritually weakened state in which we find ourselves, but there is a great and grand reason and purpose for it.

There is a "SPIRITUAL GREATNESS" that is achieved by the conquering of illegal pulls [spiritually 'illegal'] of the flesh and the stupid sensual lust for self-gratification.  These things are not good, in and by themselves, as modern psychologists might try to convince us, but they do serve a good purpose when they embarrass us and make us feel guilty. Embarrassment and guilt are the precursors to REPENTANCE.

We must come to the place in our lives where we not only desire to obey the laws of the land, the powers ordained by God to somewhat limit the evils of society, but to also obey the Laws of GOD.  We want and desire to do what God says, not because we have figured out all the logical logistics of His commandments, but because we desire to OBEY HIM REGARDLESS of how well we understand all the reasons why God tells us to do and not do certain things.

Christians will argue;  "Well I don't see the harm in teaching my little ones about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny."  Of course they don't. To their carnal minds the commandment of God to "Learn NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN" has little or no effect on their attempt to worship God as they please.

When you see the "SIN in sin" and start to hate sin as God hates sin, then and only then will you make progress in eliminating these things in your life. Of course, you know, when I say such things it means that God is bringing this about in your thinking and God is enabling you to have to the power to actually conquer these pulls of the flesh.  All we who have had a measure of success in victory over sin to the point that sin "no longer has DOMINION over us" (Rom. 6:8-19), desired to be free from sin LONG BEFORE IT EVER ACTUALLY CAME ABOUT! I believe that most of my readers will say "A-men" to that!

Be patient and do not stop crying out to God for deliverance, for in time God will grant you the fruit of righteousness.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1721.0.html ---

Dear Chris:
I will make a few COMMENTS in your email...

Dear Ray,

I am struggling very much in my life.  I am fighting temptation and failing constantly.  I feel so low. I know this is part of God’s plan for me, but I don’t know how much more I can take.  The guilt is so intense because I know I am doing wrong yet I still do it.  I trust in God with all my might, but I have a bad habit of questioning by faith at times.  So I guess you can say my faith is weak.

COMMENT:  This is not meant to be critical, Chris, but "trusting God will all your might and questioning your faith at the same time" is what we call a "contradiction."  You obviously do NOT trust in God with all your might. YOU HAVE NO MIGHT!  And neither do I or anyone else. This is a great part of your problem.  You are looking to yourself for success and looking to yourself for failure. Get your eyes OFF OF YOURSELF. 

How can I improve?  I know myself and no man can be perfect as a human being, but how can I at least wipe out the major sin areas in my life and fine some peace and confidence in myself?

COMMENT:  You have repeated your same problem over again, albeit in slightly different words:  "...how can 'I' find peace and confidence in 'MYSELF?'"  Answer:  YOU CAN'T.  You will never ever find peace and confidence until it comes FROM God and is IN GOD.  "For we and the circumcision [those who have had the flesh, carnal mind, CUT from us--the mind that believes in self-confidence and self-improvement] which worship God in the SPIRIT, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH [OUR flesh--our carnal mind]" (Phil. 3:3).

Maybe I am not praying hard enough. Maybe I am not trying hard enough. I don’t know.  I just wish to live a life of honor, but, I also know that God’s will shall be done and I accept that.  I can only hope he has better things planned for me in the future.  I feel a call to minister to others.

COMMENT:  Chris, I appreciate your sentiment, but you are in NO CONDITION spiritually to be ministering to the spiritual needs of others.  You have not gotten the "log" out of your own eye as yet, and therefore you cannot see clearly to get a "mote" out of your brother's eye (Matt. 7:3-5).  Only God can lift you up and give you true confidence and peace of mind, but this can only happen after you are HUMBLED (James 4:3-12).

To heal even.  But how can I this treacherous sinner be a spiritual model for others?  I sometimes wonder that God has made me know sin so deeply that I could be beneficial to others in forgiving and healing themselves through the grace of God. After all I have been there and know first-hand what it means to betray, fail, and disgrace myself in the eyes of the Lord. 

Have you been where I am?  If so, how did you get out?

COMMENT:  Yes, of course, "been there done that."  You will NOT get yourself out and neither did I get myself out--But GOD DID.  God is in control of your life. You cannot force God's hand. God moves according to His plan and purpose, not ours. The fact that you are asking me these questions could be a sign that God is beginning to deal with you, but He will show you what you must do, and you will then do it.  I am just a teacher and a "preacher of foolishness" (I Cor. 1:21-24).  But God USES the preaching of "foolishness [That is:  God uses the poor grammar and awkward words and phrases and mis-spelled that I use to teach and write with TO CHANGE THE SPIRITUAL LIVES of those whom God is calling out of this world. God can accomplish one of His greatest miracles in the universe, that of spiritually converting and regenerating a carnal mind into a spiritual mind, through what, on the surface, may seem to many to be 'foolishness'] of preaching to SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE."

Don't become discouraged. You are just as God desires you to be AT THIS TIME.  I know how discouraging it can be to not be able to have "dominion" over your sins.  But in God's time, you will have the victory, and it will come from God, not yourself.

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#think ----------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Ruth:

Thank you for your email and question.

2Co 10:5  pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;

II Cor. 10:5 is one of those ALL-ENCOMPASSING Scriptures that cannot be realized by following some magic formula or repeating some prayer, etc. Bringing every thought into the captivity of Jesus Christ requires a LIFETIME of overcoming and living by God's Spiritual Laws. Jesus also told us to "Be ye therefore PERFECT" (Matt 5:48). Again, this is not something that is accomplished by reading the Scripture or following some short-term magical formula. It requires a lifetime of obeying God and living through our many trials and tribulations.

However, I do not wish to leave you stranded with an impossible task for your daughter. The Scriptures also say that "As a person THINKS IN HIS HEART, so is he" (Pro 23:7).  Therefore THINK ABOUT GOOD AND PLEASANT THINGS. Even dreams "Come from an abundance of business" (Ecc 5:3) or whatever we think about most. Therefore, again, THINK ABOUT GOOD AND PLEASANT THINGS.

Notice what Paul himself tells us:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me [Paul], DO; and the GOD OF PEACE SHALL BE WITH YOU." (Phil. 4:8-9).

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:11:46 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 03:08:31 PM »

Hi  Kat,

Thank you for compiling some of Rays e mails , I agree with you in that they are encouraging, I felt a certain renewal within after reading them.

I had went to Wal-Mart this morning for something’s I needed and became amazed to discover that the wheel inside my mind were not turning after walking by some real pretty women in their summer clothing.

I felt very content to look upon a women in the way God would approve of rather than as a carnal minded man who’s lust runs away with him.

I know this can only be of Christ working within, I see it as a liberating type of freedom I have not known since Junior high school. This issue has been with me for years or better put a lifetime.

I trust that Christ finally heard my prayer and that I’m not saying these things in vain or if so, at least this day Christ gave me a taste of a better day, I must say all is possible with God even for the worst of us.

Thanks Kat and God bless. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.