bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi Largeli.  (Read 5290 times)

rick

Hi Largeli.
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »

Hi Largeli,

I thought that thread you put up about the worlds worst religion would of been a great topic for discussion, and wanted to reply however I see that thread has been deleted from this board.

One of the main points I walked away with after watching the video you put up was that the lie will not out live the truth, of course I think of that in terms of Gods truth.

One of Gods truths is that He put these leaders in authority over us, we all know everything is corrupt even our politicians and worst we ourselves also.

Anyways, watching that video just makes me long for the reign of Christ.

God bless.  ;)

cheekie3

Re: Hi Largeli.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »

Rick / Largeli -

Ultimately Our Father and Jesus Christ are responsible for all; and I am wondering what we are to do, if anything, seeing The Truth of the tyranny in the world.

We suffer through it all with our ongoing prayers to Our Saviour; in frustration and the hope of the salvation of all.

We are in the world but not of the world - and I sometimes desire to just leave - but we cannot do this.

Regards.

George.

rick

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »

Hi George,

I’m not sure if you went to the you tube link that Largeli had up, ( the worlds most dangerous religion )  if not ,it shows just how corrupt all the governments of the world are including our own.

It tells the truth of what God says about carnal minded humanity which would of been a good discussion but for unknown reasons to me Largeli’s thread went m.i.a.

I understand as you say ultimately of is of God and I’ll go further and say it is God who puts such in authority over us.

I too wonder what we are to do, I guess we should obey the laws of our nation until they go against the law of God,  I wonder how God feels about the thousands who die in all these wars we are fighting in the name of spreading democracy ? Seems to me all its doing is spreading death and destruction to millions of people being made in the image of God.  :(  >:(

God bless.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »

Hi Rick,

Just my personal take on the issue of complying with secular laws.
Since there is no penalty as yet, I don't register or vote. Haven't for decades...
Didn't vote when I was an employee of a Republican administration...just kept my own counsel.

My reasoning is simple even if incorrect.
The ballot is not properly organized.
It should list the political parties and their candidates in order and then near the bottom
 they should have a box marked "none of the above". That would tend to keep candidates more humble.

Why should I be forced to choose between two or more unqualified candidates?
Why should I be forced to choose the "lesser of two evils"?

The real problem with the way it is now done is that the winning candidate assumes that they have the authority from the majority of the people to carry out their programs. When in fact the winner often received 30 percent of the eligible votes while the loser received 28 percent and no one paid any attention to the 42 percent who refused to vote for either of two candidates.

So in effect the winner did not please 70 percent of the voters and yet was installed into the office of responsibility and power.

The way it is done leaves the impression that the voting public is happy with the result. Parties fight it out tooth and nail and then "unify" and shake hands until the next campaign when the dirty tactics start all over again. Even wonder why there are no instructions in scripture about how to vote to please God?

It is also my impression that believers don't have anything to say about the result in the first place.
God will motivate the vote anyway HE pleases to achieve the result that fits into HIS plan.

So as members of the Kingdom of God isn't that where our loyalties should remain. We are just visitors to the political location we happen to be born into. Our true citizenship is in heaven...

rick

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

Hi Bob,

I echo the same thoughts on voting too, its just another deception like everything else under heaven.

Besides we are not to be apart of this world and personally I don’t want to be, let the dead vote for the dead.

God bless.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:09:35 PM »

This is a reminder - via the sticky note at the top of this Off Topic board:

A note about the Off-Topics Forum

Members, the Off-Topic forum shouldn't be seen as the place where members can post material (or links to material) which wouldn't be permitted in the General Discussions forum.  There is wide latitude given to topics which are not necessarily covered by any of Ray's materials, but that does not (and should not) open the door to every religious or controversial idea that floats around the internet and culture.  Please be careful that posted links (which are permitted for informational purposes) also do not open the door to other religious 'teachings'.

Political opinion and some other controversial topics have no place at B-T at all.

lurquer

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 02:03:15 AM »

Political opinion and some other controversial topics have no place at B-T at all.

Hi Kat,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand what you mean by "political opinion". What is that?

Sometimes I sense that other Believers feel like those who would crave any "authority" over their fellow man must be therefore worthy, or somehow touched by God TO BE THAT, else why always the sanction against even discussing the topic? 

Why do we assume that people who want to rule, must be therefore fit to rule?

Because that's completely upside down, IMO.

And why exactly is that a "political opinion", if it is? (Versus a Godly opinion...)

Just always curious...

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:04 AM »

Do we assume that?  Why do you assume that we do?

As to why we don't want to allow run-away 'political' discussion:  One man's 'political opinion' (which he is sure is God-sponsored) is another man's 'political heresy' and he is just as certain that God sponsors his opinion.  We're not here to suss out the difference.  It's that simple.

Here's a thought...since the internet is full-to-overflowing with places one can argue one side or the other or the other or the other, why not take the truths we've come HERE to discuss to those places instead of bringing those divisions here? 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »

political - of or relating to government or politics

politic - the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.

Hi Neo, the governments is the ruling body of the land, it is of this world, worldly.

James 4:4  Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

1John 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
v. 16  For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

Why would we need to discuss something here that is purely of a worldly nature? Yes we need to live peacefully and abide by the law of the land, but God tells us not to be friends with the world, that we should be separate or keep our distance from worldly matters.

2Cor 6:15  How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
v. 16  How can God's temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God Himself has said, "I will make My home with My people and live among them; I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
v. 17  And so the Lord says, "You must leave them and separate yourselves from them. Have nothing to do with what is unclean, and I will accept you.
v. 18  I will be your father, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (GNB)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lurquer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »

Dave, I’m not interested in “arguing one side or the other”.  You missed the intent of my question altogether.

Bob said he didn’t vote, and he gave his reasons for it (which I happen to agree with).  Especially his last two paragraphs wherein he concluded that believers really have no business having any “political loyalties” anyway.

If we are not here to discuss—in a large part—how then we should live, as believers…to include where our loyalties should be, and with whom or what we should, or shouldn't, be placing our allegiances, then what?  And this was posted in “Off Topic Discussions”!

Kat said this was “political discussion,” which is off limits.  I was simply asking how or why it was.  That is all.   Sheesh.

And as for your suggestion that I should find another place to argue These Truths we’ve learned here, first, why do you assume I don’t?  Second, it’s not a wise investment of my time (or anyone else’s, IMO). Here’s 74 pages of a perfect example of why

http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/873957-scriptures-proved-me-universal-salvation-true.html

That Legoman really has it together though, no?   ;)

lurquer

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »

Hmm.. I posted before I saw what you wrote, Kat. 

I guess we are all in agreement then. I certainly think what you said was exactly the sentiment of Bob's post. 

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »

Neo, even though my post followed yours, my entire reply wasn't directed at you--only the first paragraph.  The rest concerned bringing those kinds of topics here. 

Off-topics:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11169.0.html

The post in reference in the OP was removed primarily because it was a link to 'teaching'.  Frankly, I didn't have time to watch it, and some who did wished they hadn't.  Our primary concern is in keeping a peaceable forum devoted to its purpose.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »

Rick said:
One of Gods truths is that He put these leaders in authority over us

As far as I'm concerned this also applies to this forum. If you don't like something PM the moderators or the other person. Do not air your dirty laundry publicly.

lurquer

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 02:35:32 AM »

Well, I guess I'm out of the loop here...I didn't know this thread was a spin-off of another deleted thread.  My bad.

So, I missed the video. Was it bout being an "anarchist"?

...And, perhaps why Believers shouldn't concern themselves with "political conversation"?

Dennis, are you asking Rick to "not air your dirty laundry publicly" as a response to an earlier deleted thread?  'Cus I'm lost.  What dirty laundry?

Is it OK now to discuss why or whether Believers should be conscious "subjects" (followers) of those that claim to "Rule us"?  Or is that topic off limits?

Honestly just looking for some clarity.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 05:11:43 AM »

If you want to be back 'in the loop' and get some clarity, read the link I posted above. 

It might also be worth your while to refresh yourself with the rules of the forum--this section especially. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

Having done both, you should be able to answer your own question.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:17:12 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 20 queries.