bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In all thy ways acknowledge Him  (Read 8073 times)

Jeff

In all thy ways acknowledge Him
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:09:56 PM »

Proverbs 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I've been thinking about this verse for about 6 months now.

My life is littered with sin - 50+ years worth.  I know I'm forgiven.  I know I'm saved.  Just as you do, I know, that I don't have free will.

Is it Scriptural to think that my life could have taken no other path bringing me to where I am right now? If we're obedient, God directs our paths.  Is it Scriptural to believe that if we aren't obedient then we may be wandering aimlessly?

Jeff

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: In all thy ways acknowledge Him
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 12:09:31 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Maybe it's a matter of timing in our life long relationship with God.

To acknowledge God in our lives is to realize that we need God!
When we try to be good or try to overcome our sinful ways, we often go it alone.
-
It is when we realize that we CANNOT go it alone and that we need to pray every day for much needed help from the spirit of God working within us that we truly ACKNOWLEDGE God in our lives.
AND this realization comes in spurts and dabs as we live out our lives.
-
It is so easy to relax during the good times and just coast along as if we were SELF sufficient, accepting that we sin and just tolerating it.
That is not good. We need to run the race every day, striving to overcome and putting our trust in God for the strength and ability to grow in grace and knowledge.

Life with God doesn't have to be all problems, but it should be a challenge.... ;D

Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 05:00:09 AM »

...Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways...

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

Jeff:

Using the whole counsel of God, consider this verse as well: "A person may plan his own journey, but the Lord directs his steps" (Proverbs 16:9)

Yes, it is Scriptural to think that our lives could have taken no other path, because God is Sovereign. Whether a person is obedient or not, the Lord is still directing everyone's steps. If we aren't obedient, then we are wandering aimlessly in a spiritual and mental state, but the Lord is still directing all of our steps. If we ARE obedient, then we can actually observe how He is working by looking back on our lives, like the Apostle John did in Revelation.

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

...Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways...

I've always known that God has been in control. 

I'm weary of my sin.  The seemingly endless repetition of sin/repent is maddening.  It's degrading and pathetic.

rick

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »

Hi Jeff,

I understand this sin issue pretty well because I’m a sinner like everyone else. My sins drove me away from God when I was into Christendom, today I realize even though I said I ran from God , I did no such thing.

What I mean is that it was Gods intentions for me to depart the church, He used my sins against me to bring that about. This happen many times to me Jeff, the last time I left the church I never returned.

It was probably a few years after leaving the church I would think of God here and there, especially when things in my life would go sour, oh, did I run right back to God asking Him to get me out of my troubles.

So my relationship with God was just He and I without the church and I lived this way for a while, when I left the church I felt hopelessly condemned in my sins and in time I developed a fear of hell through the Christian broadcasting stations in my area.

God used this fear I had of hell that eventually lead me here to B.t., when I first came here to B.t. I didn’t care about anything Ray had to say except for his belief about hell being a Christian hoax, little did I know what God had in store for me.

This sin issue that we all have, lets talk about it, first I would like to say that you and  me and every person on earth that has ever lived never made and uncaused choice, does that mean everything I did God intended it to be ? That is a good question for each of us to ask ourselves.

What about sin Jeff ? When we sin is it because God intended us to sin ? What does Ray say about such things ?

Ray said God is the cause of all things, Ray also taught us that we were created spiritually weak .
So when I sin I sin voluntarily because I’m attracted to my sins, but we must be honest, it is God who causes all things.

So God send me thousands and thousands of causes that cause me to made a choice, but God does not force me to make any choice I make, its mine to make but God knows what choice I’ll make from the beginning of my life to the end of my life.

God sends causes to me that He’ll know I will make a good choice but He also sends me causes which cause me to make a sinful choice but its me making the choice through a spiritually weak mind.

God has placed causes in everyone’s life that places them in life at any given time right where God wants them to be at that time which is for their own good although we may feel different but its our choice to make that leads us to where we are but God intended us to be right where we are at each moment of our lives. Our sins are horrible and rightfully so but nothing goes to waste with God, He uses our sins to teach us who and what we are and our need for Him.

In this life Jeff, I see some people go through so much and although I know God is no respecter of persons some people seem to suffer much greater than other people do, I personally think those who suffer more than the rest of us will come to love God more than the rest of us with a greater thankfulness.

God bless you my brother in Christ.    :)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:48:28 PM »

Perfect time to "acknowledge Him", Jeff.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Jeff

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 07:51:01 PM »

Perfect time to "acknowledge Him", Jeff.

I acknowledge Him all day, every day.  Still weary... :)

Jeff

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »

I'm being told to be grateful for the weariness - to imagine what would be if I weren't weary.  God is good.

rick

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »

I'm being told to be grateful for the weariness

Hi Jeff,

That is perfect what you just said, the first time I did what you just said something special happen inwardly, it reaching out in faith.

When your thankful for something you don’t want to be thankful for that’s when something spiritual happens.

God says be thankful for all things, so be thankful for all things, its easy to be thankful for the good things isn’t it ? But not so easy to be thankful for the bad things which is a part of causing our growth too !

But I must say its God who causes us to be thankful for all things.

God bless.  ;)

Jeff

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »

Hi Jeff,

That is perfect what you just said, the first time I did what you just said something special happen inwardly, it reaching out in faith.

When your thankful for something you don’t want to be thankful for that’s when something spiritual happens.

God says be thankful for all things, so be thankful for all things, its easy to be thankful for the good things isn’t it ? But not so easy to be thankful for the bad things which is a part of causing our growth too !

God bless.  ;)

What an amazing testimony brother. What a wonderful response to something that almost nobody would understand save those here. Your witness is affirming. Thank you for sharing that. It's a beautiful thing to be connected to the body of Christ.

Dave - thank you for your wise counsel, admonition, affirmation, and commitment to the ministry of our Savior and this forum. 

I'm blessed to be here.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

1 Peter 4:11-12
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 1:2-9
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience,  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

Fifty+ ways to acknowledge Him.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 11:30:01 PM »

Jeff...these are just for you.  Try not to turn them immediately into doctrinal bullet-points to win arguments.  They are just for YOU...nobody else need read them.   ;)

Num 23:19  God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

1 Tim 2:3-4  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

...My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Isa 52:10  The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

1 Cor 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive

Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Phil 2:10-11  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

2 Pet 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 4:14  we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world

...My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

Luke 3:6  all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Matt 18:11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was destroyed.

..My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

John 12:32  if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 Cor 13:8  Love never fails.

Mic 7:18-19  Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

...Love never fails

John 1:29  The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Col 1:20  having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1 Cor 6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge  the smallest matters?

...He that loveth not, knoweth not God...for God is Love.

2 Cor 5:18-19  all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Rom 8:20-22  For the creation was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Jer 31:34  they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more

Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea

...God is Love.

...Love never fails.

1 Cor 3:13-15  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

...Love never fails.

Mark 10:26-27  they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Isa 25:8  He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

...Love never fails.

Matt 19:25-26  his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Isa 2:4  He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more

...Love never fails.

Luke 18:26-27  they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Isa 11:5-10  And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.  And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.  And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Love...never...fails.

Jeff

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 12:15:48 AM »

Thank you Dave.

This is one of the most profound truths in Scripture -  Cor 13:8  Love never fails

What you wrote reminds me that I'm not alone, hope is in Christ, eternity is beyond comprehension compared to the existence we know, and love covers a multitude of sins.

repottinger

Re: Fifty+ ways to acknowledge Him.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »

Jeff...these are just for you.  Try not to turn them immediately into doctrinal bullet-points to win arguments.  They are just for YOU...nobody else need read them.   ;)

Num 23:19  God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

1 Tim 2:3-4  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

...My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Isa 52:10  The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

1 Cor 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive

Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Phil 2:10-11  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

2 Pet 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 4:14  we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world

...My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

Luke 3:6  all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Matt 18:11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was destroyed.

..My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

John 12:32  if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

1 John 2:2  He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 Cor 13:8  Love never fails.

Mic 7:18-19  Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

...Love never fails

John 1:29  The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Col 1:20  having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1 Cor 6:2  Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge  the smallest matters?

...He that loveth not, knoweth not God...for God is Love.

2 Cor 5:18-19  all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Rom 8:20-22  For the creation was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Jer 31:34  they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more

Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea

...God is Love.

...Love never fails.

1 Cor 3:13-15  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

...Love never fails.

Mark 10:26-27  they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Isa 25:8  He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

...Love never fails.

Matt 19:25-26  his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Isa 2:4  He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more

...Love never fails.

Luke 18:26-27  they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Isa 11:5-10  And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.  And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.  And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Love...never...fails.
Thank you, Dave...absolutely awe-inspiring.
Randy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:07:49 AM by repottinger »

Kat

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 01:10:40 AM »

Hi Jeff, here is another Scripture I hope will be helpful, as it tells us we are to give our burdens/worries to Christ and we will find rest.

Matt 11:28  "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Place My yoke on you and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest for your souls,
v. 30  because My yoke is pleasant, and My burden is light."

Yes it is a weary thing to keep striving to overcome and looking at all our faults and not being able to change. We have to learn how to put OUR works, of fighting a losing battle to overcome our sins, aside and enter into God rest. Here are a couple of emails, maybe they can help in some way.

http://bible-truths.com/email3.htm#Sabbath ----------------------------------------

As the Sabbath command was part of the Old Covenant Law, which Paul went to great length to inform us that we are no longer under, it makes little difference which day is the Sabbath of Israel. The Sabbath like ALL aspects of the law of Moses and the law of God, the Torah, the Old Testament, was a shadow of something to come. It pictured something to come that would be the spiritual fulfillment of this command. Jesus Christ was the fulfillment of the Passover lamb. Jesus was slain, and so it would be WRONG for us to continue to slay a Passover lamb every Passover season to cover our sins. Likewise, the Sabbath pictured entering into a REST with God from our own WORKS. Not just our weekly physical labor of earning a living, but ALL OF OUR OWN WORKS.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3497.msg26121.html#msg26121 ---

COMMENT:  It is wrong to do OUR spiritual works ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. That is what the Sabbath is to teach us. We are NOT to do our works, but let God work IN US on every day of the week, not just the seventh.  Keeping the physical weekly Sabbath is for those who have not yet come to obey the SPIRITUAL Sabbath of God's rest (Heb. 4:3-4). Once a Gentile is circumcised in his heart and spirit it is not necessary to be PHYSICAL circumcised in his flesh, Etc.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,492.0.html -----------------------

God gives us FAITH, and God grants us GRACE, and with that He works out His achievement in us by causing us to DO GOOD WORKS, and don't let any two-faced lying hypocritical false prophet ever tell you differently.

Our "good works" will not save us, but God will save no one in whom He does not ORDAIN GOOD WORKS that they must walk in.

Now then, take heart. As you read the Truths of God, OBEY all that God is showing you. God will lead you to true spiritual repentance, as that too is something that only God can grant to you (See Rom. 2:4).  When you begin to live a life without all the sins of your past, you will have a clean and clear conscience for the first time in your entire life. With a clean and clear conscience comes PEACE OF MIND.  If God is causing you to seek Him, then God will grant you repentance, and sin will no longer have "dominion over you" (Rom. 6:14). You and your future are in God's hands.
---------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 05:05:55 AM »

Hi Jeff,

God bless.  ;)

Hi, Rick -

Yes, I read somewhere in the NT that we are to be thankful "for" all things.  But I don't know if I would take that literally.

1 Thessalonians 5:18:  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Jesus gave thanks throughout his ministry, but I can't find where Jesus thanked the Father for being crucified:

Luke 22:42:  "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

It would be like thanking His Father for sin, and evil and wickedness, the works of the devil, which He came to destroy.  I don't know - did I miss something?

rick

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 08:42:17 AM »

Hi Jeff,

God bless.  ;)

Hi, Rick -

Yes, I read somewhere in the NT that we are to be thankful "for" all things.  But I don't know if I would take that literally.

1 Thessalonians 5:18:  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Jesus gave thanks throughout his ministry, but I can't find where Jesus thanked the Father for being crucified:

Luke 22:42:  "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

It would be like thanking His Father for sin, and evil and wickedness, the works of the devil, which He came to destroy.  I don't know - did I miss something?

Hi Gina,

Jesus is God , God told us to be thankful for all things and I’m thankful Christ followed through being crucified or we would be dead in our sins and our faith would be in vain.

I know this is brief but I must go to work now..which I’m thankful for even though I would like to stay home .

God bless .

Gina

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »

That's a good way of looking at that, I agree. 

Jeff

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »

If God is causing you to seek Him, then God will grant you repentance, and sin will no longer have "dominion over you" (Rom. 6:14). You and your future are in God's hands.

Yes, Kat.  That does help. Thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.