bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Narrating some of Rays papers  (Read 11135 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Narrating some of Rays papers
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05:50 PM »

hmmm.  I thought that's what 'acting' was, including voice-acting.

Never mind.  I see that "HE" doesn't do that...same as an actor that won't take a certain role.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:13:43 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

microlink

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 07:27:08 PM »

Hi all,

I have found that the canned (synthetic) voice is not a good idea. Eventually turns people off.
Yes a real human voice with a degree of emotion is recommended. Can this be done via Skype of a similar voice transfer program with out losing quality and range of voice variation to satisfy listeners?
Joe

Kat

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »

Dennis, I think you should make an announcement where you explain you are seeking any who consider themselves good readers to come forward and pm you. You can make arrangements for them to contact you, so there could be a reading for you to evaluate.

Surely there are people here that would be willing to make this effect, as this is a way to directly serve in this work. I know how hard it is to come forward, as I thought of myself as the last person able to transcribe Ray's Bible studies... but it is God's work and we are privileged to participate. Maybe there are a few that would at least try for it. 

Jeff

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 11:20:56 PM »

At least one potential narrator said:

"I do not deliver religious or political voiceover in 1st person, as that is what we generally refer to as "implied endorsement".  Would it be possible to re-write the text to eliminate the 1st person context?"

I don't think I want to re-write the 1st person.

It doesn't seem right to change anything.  We learned by reading exactly what we read.  Ray's papers aren't bringing people to know God - God is bringing people to read what He gave Ray. 

Please forgive me if this is offensive, but it seems like this is advertising.  It has a feel of the world to me.  Honestly, I mean this from my heart - Ray wrote what God told him to write - and Ray wrote it as according to his nature.  God chose Ray, not the other way around.

It may be that God wants Ray's papers out there, but to change anything seems as though we're trying to improve on what was given.  If you choose someone to read Ray's papers, God's revelation to Ray, then God will help you find the right person.

If I'm wrong, if I don't understand, if my heart is in the wrong place, If I'm out of line, if I'm looking at this carnally, then please, in advance - forgive me.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:29 AM »

At least one potential narrator said:

"I do not deliver religious or political voiceover in 1st person, as that is what we generally refer to as "implied endorsement".  Would it be possible to re-write the text to eliminate the 1st person context?"

I don't think I want to re-write the 1st person.

It doesn't seem right to change anything.  We learned by reading exactly what we read.  Ray's papers aren't bringing people to know God - God is bringing people to read what He gave Ray. 

Please forgive me if this is offensive, but it seems like this is advertising.  It has a feel of the world to me.  Honestly, I mean this from my heart - Ray wrote what God told him to write - and Ray wrote it as according to his nature.  God chose Ray, not the other way around.

It may be that God wants Ray's papers out there, but to change anything seems as though we're trying to improve on what was given.  If you choose someone to read Ray's papers, God's revelation to Ray, then God will help you find the right person.

If I'm wrong, if I don't understand, if my heart is in the wrong place, If I'm out of line, if I'm looking at this carnally, then please, in advance - forgive me.

The changes would be minor and I made many small changes to all of Ray's papers before posting them on the Internet. Mostly removing commas and deleting the word 'that'.

The idea is to get the Word out. But I know what you mean. I need to be very careful.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:22:30 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »

I looked up "implied endorsement".

Seems it mostly refers to 'celebrities' that people might want to attach to their products.  With actors, basically in commercials, there may be a written disclaimer saying the presence of the 'narrator' or 'actor' does not imply their endorsement.  Not being a lawyer, that's the best I could get out of it.

But I think your guy (unless he IS famous), without his face in the audio (anonymously) just doesn't want to do it...not that it is unethical or legally dangerous.

Don't mean to harp--just help.  Are you looking at "professional narrators?  Or Voice actors?  Did you show this guy a sample of what he might say at the beginning/end of the reading that might indemnify him?

Something like:  These are the words of L Ray Smith from an article written for the Bible-Truths.com website. at the beginning, and "These were the words..." at the end.

I looked again at the 'death' paper (just for reference).  I think it would be POSSIBLE to change to 3rd person without losing the content.  Of course, that's without actually trying to do it.  I do think it would lose some of the 'personality'.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:01:19 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

narroway

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 01:27:32 AM »

Love it love it love it.  I love the way the Lord is using you all at Bible Truths.com. I will be in prayer regarding this endeavor. Praise the Lord family

octoberose

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »

I would love to do it, but I don't think my voice is strong enough- it tends to be softer than I mean to be- and of course I am female and think you probably should lean to a male voice since Ray was male.
  I think it's interesting to note that God uses where we are and the age we live in to teach and further His will. No more scrolls, no more monks translating in monasteries. They use to build cathedrals with the story in the glass and the statues all around to teach because the masses were illiterate . The Bible was not accessible to the common man for hundreds and hundreds of years. And now look at it? I googled something about tithing and up comes an article by Ray, which I read and then started on bible truths and that changed my life!  God gave us this to use and spread His word and this Is His plan and I am sure of that. I think of all the evil that comes out of the internet, but God means this for good and Good will come.  :)

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »

I have been told i have a lovely Northern Irish twang, I love reading out loud but should it be a man that narrates??
Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »

I haven't worked in about seven months but now have enough work to keep me busy for at least three months.

So I don't have time right now to work on this project.

It probably should be a man Sandie  ;)  Thanks anyways.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »

Mine is too kiwi...........I think no one would understand..............not sure even I would  ;)

Rhys
🤫

daywalker

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 08:26:48 PM »

I suppose James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman are out of budget.   ;D 

But maybe we do have somebody here already.  Just not me.   ;D

If only Samuel L. Jackson was a BT member. I'd nominate him for sure.

daywalker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.