bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirit in the sky.  (Read 2954 times)

rick

Spirit in the sky.
« on: September 20, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »

One of my favorite songs as a child growing up was ( Spirit in the sky ) by Norman Greenbaum.

I heard this song recently and although I still like the music, I had issues with the lyrics that said   ( I never been a sinner I never sinned, also ( going to send me up to spirit in the sky that’s where I’m gonna go when I die )

As I looked back, I see how God used this song and others songs in my life in a way that would draw me to Him even though the lyrics could not be further from the truth .

Its nice to look back and see that God was always there, no matter where you look, God is always there.

First the physical then the spiritual, I see now, the ( why ) in life, I get this sense that God has forgiven us but we must forgive ourselves for the things we have done too.

God bless.  :)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Spirit in the sky.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 11:56:23 AM »

Hi Rick,

There are a lot of christian songs where I find myself having to look past certain lyrics to try and enjoy the greater whole of the song. Every now and then though I do find a diamond in the rough where all the lyrics are something I can agree too and really enjoy. Jesse shared with me some hymns of psalms where you can really listen to them and just be listening to scripture which is pretty cool.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »

Hi Alex,

I understand your meaning but inwardly its not about the song or any song , its about what God is showing me, Im seeing God in my past my entire past, I’m looking backwards at the house I built which was built on sand, that’s all it was that I built on, just sand, not a foundation built on rock.

But God is showing me its these things including my sins that God has used to bring me to where I’m at but now I see it was God leading me the entire time, that poem about the footsteps makes so much sense. God was always there and always will be, even when we cannot see that He was is and will be always there.

God bless.  :)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »

When I have music on today it's usually on a secular station.  I expect to find songs with little or no truths on secular stations although occasionally you come across a few that surprisingly have some spiritual truths in them.  I find myself unable to listen to Christian music anymore because the false teachings and ideology just stick out like a sore thumb and I can't appreciate the [admittedly] beautiful music for the music's sake itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.