bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer  (Read 4679 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
prayer
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »

first of all, i want to thank God that this forum is still here.
secondly, i want to thank john from ky for making me laugh.  alot.
laughter indeed can be a good medicine.

on that note, i come asking for prayer.  i have started this new topic request a few times, but kept deleting everything.  thinking i only need my Father and Lord to help me through.  that Father is full of love and mercy, and He directed me to come back to the fold of this forum for comfort.  and prayer.

this past year, since 9/3/14, God caused my circumstances to change so dramatically that i didn't recognize who i was and what had become of my life.  i started feeling hopeless, full of despair and depression.  like, why try to be strong.  just to get knocked down again.  but, my Father would not let me give up.  so, here i am.

i'm just gonna put the events of my past year in a list.  maybe it will help in getting a better understanding of what has been going on.  i know that each of us have to go through much tribulation, to become a child of God. 

9/3/14       my divorce after 23 years became final.  my ex moved to france to live with a man.  he had been planning it for 5 years.

9/8/14       i turned 60 yrs old.   :o

9/25/14     spoke to our brother, john chris, for the last time.

9/29/14     john chris dies.

10/17/14   flew to nyc with manuela to attend john chris' memorial service.

12/2/14     my mother has a heart attack, but does recover.

1/21/15     my only brother dies unexpectedly at age 65, after shoveling snow off his and a neighbor's drive way.  the last time i saw him alive was in the hospital in december when he came to help with our momma.  his last words to me were "i love you claudia jean".

1/28/15     one of my first cousins dies from als. 

3/7/15       my 12 yr old constant companion dog is diagnosed with lymphoma.

5/27/15     my sweet dog dies.

7/2/15       my momma is admitted back into the hospital due to heart issues.  she goes home from the hospital on 7/16.  she's readmitted again on 7/22 (my daughter's b'day), and never leaves the hospital.

8/4/15       my momma dies, while i, and one of my sisters along with her daughter, stood by momma's side.  i have never experienced anyone dying.  other then my pets.  this death dug its' grief so deep into my heart and soul that i could only stand there and keep saying "in the twinkling of an eye momma. in the twinkling of an eye".  she was in hospice care for 4 days, and died of congestive heart failure.  i spent part of every day at the hospital, and stayed many nights with her.  rotating with my 3 sisters.  i have to say, death sucks for those of us left behind.  really sucks.  i hate it and i am so, so happy that on the Lord's Day death will be no more.

9/8/15       my first birthday without my momma.  only me and my 3 sisters, and a few other family members.  it was hard to get through the day without continuing to wail like a little girl.

9/27/15     my ex-husband comes back to austin for the weekend (to my surprise).  he calls me to let me know he was in town.  see pics of him on facebook with our old friends, saying "just like old times".  i realize how glad i am that he moved out of town.  it's just too hard seeing him still drinking and partying, and smiling with all the women. ( in know jfk, you're saying, what's wrong with drinking and smiling at all the women.  ;) ) need to unfriend him.  i guess it's time.  way past time.

anyway, the quick succession of all of the events on this list caused me to realize that life is all about change.  as hard as that is to accept sometimes.  for me at least.  my life looks so different now.  there seem to be ghosts everywhere i look around my house and yard.  and at my sister's house where our momma was living.

please pray that our God and Father will cause me to grow in His faith and hope.  that my depression will lift and turn to joy.

i know He is already showing me my next "assignment".  my only child is 6 mths pregnant with a little boy.  her due date is in january.  this will most likely be their only child, my only grandchild.  God is good.  all the time.  the good, bad, and ugly times.

i love you all,
claudia

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:58:50 PM by cjwood »

lilitalienboi16

Re: prayer
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:13:37 PM »

We are here with you claudia, always and forever, whenever. We are not ghosts. We are your family. We are the body of Christ, The church of the living God. By the grace, wisdom, and power of Almighty God, we are knitt together in love through the spirit of our Saviour and nothing will ever break that. No power of the grave, no principalities of darkness, no scheme of man. I am a sinner, I am flawed, broken, a failure, a spiritual tad pole, the least of these and a hypocrit but I would give anything and do anything for any of my brothers and sister so long as it is right for me to do. All I ask is for you to forgive me for my sins and failures. We groan together, the creation travails together in pain, but we will overcome because He alone is saving us.

Always in my prayers God willing.

I love you dear sister.

Sincerely.
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

repottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »

I will be sure to pray that God will deliver you through the midst of what must seem like unbelievably overwhelming events and circumstances, Claudia.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

Psalm 23, AKJV

A Psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:52:32 PM by repottinger »

Extol

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »

Dear Claudia,

It's nice to hear from you again, even if the circumstances are painful.

You said "death sucks for those of us left behind..." It is important to remember that point. For me it is a source of comfort to know that while we suffer and mourn, the deceased are no longer suffering. Those of us left behind are the ones who struggle with death. You are experiencing much heartache, but those who have fallen asleep know no pain. John Chris is not suffering, your brother and cousin are at peace, your mother is not battling heart troubles, and our beloved friend Ray is not going through those agonizing days where he just wanted to scream. It can be painful to have the memories of them suffering, but their suffering is gone for good.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »

Has been a tough year for you. I have not been through as tough of year as that and which of us knows what is around to corner for us so we hold on to the truth as we will get through.

1 Peter 5:10 - And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Who knows how long a little while is when it seems like a long time..........God knows

And in the bigger pictures it is only a little while and all will be made well.

Rhys
🤫

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

i know He is already showing me my next "assignment".  my only child is 6 mths pregnant with a little boy.  her due date is in january.  this will most likely be their only child, my only grandchild.  God is good.  all the time.  the good, bad, and ugly times.

Claudia Jean,

As I have grieved with you over all your losses this past year, I now look forward to rejoicing with you over the birth of your 1st grandchild in January!  Hang in there. God will see you through to the other side.

René

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »

What Rene said.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »

Hi Claudia,

You're 61.  This Saturday I turn 62 :'(, at which time I will say, "Oh to be 61 again."  No matter how old you are, there is always someone older who would love to trade places with you.  :D

And I have to be careful at smiling at all the women I see.  Times have changed.  With all this Caitlyn Jenner stuff going around, I have to be careful that I'm smiling at real women.  :-*

You've been through a lot in a year.  Divorce is like death.  And you lost your mother.  You're only human.  There is no easy way to get through pain like that.  But God will see you through.  Things will get better.  Take care.

John

P.S.  I'm glad if I made you laugh.  Bring on the dancing bears and JFK.

virginiabm

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »

Hi Claudia,

I feel your pain in everything you  have been going through, but I know God is going to get you through it all. I am praying for you and your family. We walk through this life through a dark tunnel with darknss all around, but at the end of that tunnel is light. Follow the LIGHT,Look straight ahead for our Saviour is leading us to Him. May God strengthen you by the Power of the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus Christ. Amen

Your Sister in Christ,
    Virginia Miller

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 06:11:41 PM »

what a comfort it is to read and meditate on each of the responses given.  because they are all stitched together with the Truth of God's Word.  after hearing so much error, and so many myths at each of the memorial, and funeral services.  and knowing that i had been right there with them in their beliefs in the years past.  until my Father grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and dragged me out of that church system of lies and deception.  i spoke at each service, except for john chris'.  but i was told beforehand to keep it short, and don't say anything about what i now believe.  i obliged the family, but snuck in some truths of the Scriptures, under their radars.  or over their heads.  and, ALL is of God.

love in Christ,
claudia
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:03:25 PM by cjwood »

Kat

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »

Hi Claudia, what a very difficult year you have had, I am truly sorrowful for all the pain and suffering you have endured, and pray you are coming out of the worse of it. I think that people who care for their loved ones so deeply, also feel their lose equally deeply.

Psa 34:17  The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
v. 18  The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
v. 19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

love to you sister,
Kat
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:47:33 AM by Kat »

microlink

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »

I deeply feel for you and your difficulties. It can be along long road. Peace and comfort.

Rom_8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Joe

lauriellen

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »

My heart goes out to you and all of us who are suffering. I pray for your comfort, relief, faith and hope.

Psa 34:18  The LORD is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope.
Psa 34:19  Good people suffer many troubles, but the LORD saves them from them all;

jingle52

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »

Dear Claudia,
What a year you've been through, But out of these trials and tribulations, your depression will lift like the mist when you keep that special treasure,  your first grandson in your arms. GOD IS GOOD,He does not give you more than you can bear. Your grandson will put that smile back on your face again and lift your spirits and your faith will flow like it did before these trails.
Hang in there,
God Bless

rickylittleton

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »

WOW! We just have to keep praying! My wife sister was killed when she was set on fire by her own daughter trying to collect insurance money, only the insurance had not been in effect long enough! And then the same daughter didn't even spend six month's in jail, and now she is posting pictures on facebook with her girlfriend whom she now call her wife, and the pictures are bad to look at. My wife sister was cremated and the daughter who set her on fire wanted to know from the family, did they want some of the ashes! What a world we are living in! Beleive it or not, I still have nightmares of some of the things my ex-wife took me thourgh! We just have to keep praying! Solomon said that all men go throuth the same things in life! Tim

Terry

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »

Hello Claudia my heart goes out to you and wanted to say something of comfort but couldn't think of a thing until my wife and i were watching a movie today and at the end i saw this and thought of you it seems appropriate,

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

I hope that helps as it lifted my spirit.
Terry
Terry

judy

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »

Claudia, this is judy from a few yrs ago. With sorrow and gobs of hope i pray for you. We live, we die, we must accept that. So much at one time is extremely difficult. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and know you are not alone. Do grieve as long as necessary but do not despair, the good will come again. God is a God of balance, all things are weighed and this coming child is in the balance for you. I feel badly you have had such pain. Life is not easy even with God because we are so human and because we have loved we will suffer. I pray for the Father's mercy to pour over you. I won't forget you, I never have. I see you on Kathy's facebook page. Peace be with you. love, judy

cjwood

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 12:07:41 AM »

dear forum family.  i want to thank each of you that have replied, and the many others who have read my prayer request.  my spirit is humbled and my heart is full. 

sincerely,
claudia

repottinger

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »

You’re very welcome, Claudia; I’m certain that the prayers of the members of the forum for you will continue, whatever may happen in your situation.
Sincerely,
Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.