bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing the Holy Spirit  (Read 21083 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Losing the Holy Spirit
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:34 PM »

John, the Bible clearly prohibits all sexual relations outside of marriage.
-Kat

Yes, you are correct Kat.  In this age.

But I wonder about the ages to come.  I wonder why God will have sons and daughters if no sex?  There is the Scripture that says, At your right hand are pleasures evermore.
  You have to understand.  I do not see in the Scriptures where God made a mistake in creating sexual differences.  Sex by itself is not evil.  Like everything else, it is the unlawful use of something that makes it a sin

I don't know.  No definitive Scriptures about this point in the ages to come.  I will ask again.  Do you have two definitive Scriptures that will answer this question?  Not two Scriptures that you tell us what they mean.  But two Scriptures that will stand alone, without editorial input?

Who here said God made a mistake making sexual differences?   It's only men and women who look on the outward appearance and not on the heart who have problems with that.

You  say, "I wonder why God would have sons and daughters if no sex?"

Really? 

Jesus Christ came into existence without ever being conceived through sexual intercourse, DUH! 

So that means HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS WILL ALSO BECOME SONS AND DAUGHTERS THROUGH THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! 

There is sex now in this present age, you think a hundred billion people throughout the ages aren't enough children for God to fill with the Holy Spirit?  He needs us to have more wantonness and craving for physical sex to bring Him pleasure?

That's stupid, haha!! 

You said that, "but doesn't scripture say, At your right hand are pleasures evermore."

Does "scripture" really and truly insinuate that pleasure cannot be had without sexual intercourse, John?  Obviously it can be had because Jesus Christ is pleasure and Jesus Christ has sat down at God's right hand!

Concordant Literal Version

Psalm 16:11 I poise Yahweh in front of me continually; Because He is at my right hand, I shall not slip at all."

9 Wherefore, my heart rejoices, and my glory shall exult; Indeed, my flesh, it shall tabernacle in serenity."

10 For You shall not forsake my soul in the unseen; You shall not allow Your benign one to see corruption.

11 You shall acquaint me with the path of life; Satisfying rejoicings are in Your presence; PLEASANTNESS is at Your right hand. {Permanent}

Definition of Pleasant:  (of a person or their manner) friendly and considerate; likable.  "they found him pleasant and cooperative"
synonyms:   friendly, agreeable, amiable, nice, genial, cordial, likable, amicable, good-humored, good-natured, personable; hospitable, approachable, gracious, courteous, polite, obliging, helpful, considerate; charming, lovely, delightful, sweet, sympathetic, simpatico

I don't see the word sexual in any of those synonyms for pleasure.

What is at the "right hand of God"?  Pleasure/pleasantness

Who is at the right hand of God?

21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  22 who is at the right hand of God,

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Matthew 22:44
"'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."'   

(Doesn't sound to me like being a footstool for His feet will be pleasurable position to find yourself in.)

And I could list out another 2 or 3 which says Jesus Christ is at the right of God. 

What exactly are you insinuating God's right hand is doing, John?    Are you trying to be ssssssssssubtle, or does it just come naturally to you?

The hatred just bubbles up from within you.  You cannot hide it.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 10:54:17 PM »

So Jesus' own words in Matt 22:30 and Luke 20:35 saying there will be no marriage in the age to come is not enough for you? Really? And do you wonder in the ages to come if maybe the commandment of "you shall not commit adultery" will be done away with? Really?

This age serves many purpose and sex is one of them, but it is a thing of the flesh... the next age will be learning righteousness, the things of the Spirit. What we are born as in this age (male or female) is part of who we are (just like with Christ) no need to change that. Your carnal desires seem to have made you blind to all the many Scripture that I and others have provided...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I expect such from Gina.

But Kat, just because someone disagrees with you, there is no need to be ill willed.  (Mercy, peace and love.  Really?)

My carnal desires.  ::)  And what would you know of them.  Surely it will be Jesus Who judges such things.

Kat

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »

Sex is a carnal (1. of or relating to the body 2 : relating to or given to sensual pleasures and appetites - Merriam Webster) desire.

Col 3:5  Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication(G4202), uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
v. 6  Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,

G4202 - harlotry (including adultery and incest); figuratively idolatry: - fornication.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
v. 20  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
v. 21  envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:15:13 PM by Kat »

Gina

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 11:14:41 PM »

So Jesus' own words in Matt 22:30 and Luke 20:35 saying there will be no marriage in the age to come is not enough for you? Really? And do you wonder in the ages to come if maybe the commandment of "you shall not commit adultery" will be done away with? Really?

This age serves many purpose and sex is one of them, but it is a thing of the flesh... the next age will be learning righteousness, the things of the Spirit. What we are born as in this age (male or female) is part of who we are (just like with Christ) no need to change that. Your carnal desires seem to have made you blind to all the many Scripture that I and others have provided...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I expect such from Gina.

But Kat, just because someone disagrees with you, there is no need to be ill willed.  (Mercy, peace and love.  Really?)

My carnal desires.  ::)  And what would you know of them.  Surely it will be Jesus Who judges such things.

What would we know of your carnal desires, John?  Out of the heart the mouth speaks and you speak an awful lot about how much you love to look at women and you think sex is so "good" and "pleasurable."  And you say sex outside of marriage in the age to come is a possibility and God can't have children without sex playing apart in it.  Where in sex was a child of God ever conceived.  Jesus said, You must be born again (begotten anew).  Not through sexual intercourse either. 

I find it really hard to believe that you are saying that God's right hand (Jesus Christ)/ pleasure is about a physical and sexual pleasure. 

Weird.  I don't care if you think I'm ill willed.  I have no ill will against you, I just don't like the things you say.  And I think you're pretty weird.  Sorry.  No ill will -- it's just the way you are.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 11:34:57 PM »

I do agree that the strongest argument against sex in the next age is that only sex within a God ordained marriage is lawful and there will be no marrying in the next age.

That being said, it doesn't outright say there will be no sex but requires our inference to arrive at such a conclusion. We don't have all the pieces so I won't rule it out but am seeing both sides of the discussion as having validity. There could be something very similar to it as it is a pervasive aspect of our creation including the distinction between male and female.

To those whom it may concern:

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Romans 14:12-13 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

James 4:11-12 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your another?

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

As members of His body, try and heed these warnings. I don't see anyone preaching another Messiah here, only disagreements a portion of the truth that is currently open to interpretation, so be nice!

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36:02 PM »

Ok, once again a thread has totally gone off track.  Time to move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.