bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Career  (Read 7711 times)

Nelson Boils

Career
« on: October 11, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »

Do you enjoy your job?Was it the job you always wanted when you were younger?Are you passionate about it?Do you look forward to going to work everyday?

Does it matter whether I enjoy my job or not,as long as they pay me enough for food shelter and clothing?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Career
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »

Just remember "A bird in the hand ..." Don't quit your current job until you get something else lined up if you have a family to support.

Do you know 'what' you want to do? Do you know your talents (most people never try to find out what they're good at).

Trying to become something you have no talent for is as bad as a bad job. Don't try to become something because it sounds cool or your friends will think more of you.

Most jobs where you get to be creative don't pay much unless you are one the absolute best.

But if you have a passion for something and potential in that field then pursue it after work hours. Lots of free courses on YouTube.

And if you don't have a family now and money does not mean that much, it will later when you do have a family to support. Try to be realistic in your career goals. Decide how many years to dedicate to getting really good at something.

It's a joke!

rick

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »

Hi Nelson,

I use to work in a gun factory making guns, one day I had asked the foreman where all these guns go because we were making so many of them, we probably made more guns than there were people living in this country, his reply, Rick ,where do you think they go to which I answered if I knew I would not be asking, he said they go to third world country’s. besides here as well..

I read in the news paper about a hvac night course and had sign up for that course, I wanted to see if I would be good at it and discovered I was a natural at it, afterwards I had attended New England fuel institute and had graduated darn near top in the class.

I had a job two weeks later in the industry, what a difference, I went from making guns which are designed to kill to making people warm in the winter and cool in the summer and all year round getting people the hot water they need.

I enjoy working in the hvac industry, I find it rewarding doing a job that helps people rather than the job I once had where people could use that product to  kill people .   

I think ones work life is important because most jobs are eight hours a day which is one third of our life and when I worked at the gun factor I was not happy but its how I earned a living.   

I remember to this day standing in the middle of that factory back then and asking Jesus to get me out of there.

Its funny as I look back on those days but you know, Jesus did get me out of there, Jesus did answer my prayer and I had forgotten that until now, until this thread.

Thank you Nelson for this thread , thank you for bringing a memory back I had forgotten. with God all is possible.

May God bless all of us Nelson.  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »

I look forward to being a physician one day, God willing, I can't see myself doing anything else. That being said, medical school is very very very hard and intense. If it weren't for the faith of God that moves me forward I don't know how I would continue. I doubt I could. It feels very much like David vs. Goliath. As Dennis stated--Have passion. Do it because its what God has put on your heart. Every good and perfect gift comes from above.

Aside from being in school i've never really had a job. I worked as part time expo in a restaurant while attending undergrad but that was it.

Just my experiences here.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 12:30:16 AM »

I think of you often Alex and the hard work you are doing. You are in my prayers that you will be able to persevere and that God will bring you to His appointed end. It is very clear to me that you are able to work through copious amounts of information and come away understanding the content. God bless you as you strive to become a doctor and He leads you in His ways.
 Ray was a roofer and he did it unto the Lord. I have a good friend who is an electrician and he treats everyone as if his client is Christ. My husband is a teacher. My neighbor works on computers. I'm a homemaker and volunteer now that my children are grown. Love the Lord in all you do, even if it's making coffee and cleaning up messes. I don't think it's what we do that super significant, it's who we are while doing it that is the key.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 05:39:37 AM »

Do you enjoy your job?Was it the job you always wanted when you were younger?Are you passionate about it?Do you look forward to going to work everyday?

Does it matter whether I enjoy my job or not,as long as they pay me enough for food shelter and clothing?

Hi, Nelson

I agree with Dennis.

As for me, no.  Being a legal secretary was not my dream job, and I thank God for not letting me go into my dream job (cosmetologist because of all the chemicals I would be exposed to on a daily basis and standing on my feet all day long).  My real dream job was to become a mother -- this was my ultimate dream job since I was at least five years old (that's when my youngest brother was born and he was so adorable -- and of course at that time in my shortsighted view, there was no real work involved in being a mother -- it was all fun times!)  I wish I could say I was a good parent, but the truth is, I didn't know what I was doing.  Looking back, I was like a child trying to raise a child.  Many times my daughter had to correct me.  I didn't really enjoy being a mother because I knew I sucked at it (I guess I wanted to hear that I was a good mother, but when people commended me for what a lovely daughter I had, I couldn't take any credit because I knew it was all God.)  I tried to be patient but I always seemed to fail miserably, but I also had a lot of pressure on me between bills and shortages of time -- and I was always thinking about all the "fun" I was missing out on -- it's like babysitting for 18 years.  What a humbling job that has been.  I cannot believe God allowed me to have the gift of two children.  There were times when I was so ungrateful and I'd catch myself being ungrateful and imagine what life would be like had I not had children, and that woke me up.   But through all my ungratefulness, God never left my side.  I was like a child trying to raise a child.  If it weren't for God's kindness and constant direction and intervention....   I don't even want to think about where we would be. 

Now, I thank God for my sec'y job because even though it's way over my head some days, it always provided a roof over our heads and food on the table.  My bosses and coworkers and office managers are so patient and generous and kind to me and all of us.  There are a lot of other people who could do my job much better than I can, but here I am.  I think what they really want is someone who is willing to be taught and open to correction and easy to get along with.  They've never demanded anything of me unethical or forbidden by God or treated me unkind or unfairly (as far as I can remember), and that's more than a lot of people who do have their dream jobs can say.

If you have a job and it pays the bills but you're not being asked to do anything against God or a clean conscience, and they aren't working you into the ground and you have benefits and then some, put a smile on your face and keep your big mouth shut. :)

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »

Amen Gina

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 12:22:21 AM »

I think of you often Alex and the hard work you are doing. You are in my prayers that you will be able to persevere and that God will bring you to His appointed end. It is very clear to me that you are able to work through copious amounts of information and come away understanding the content. God bless you as you strive to become a doctor and He leads you in His ways.
 Ray was a roofer and he did it unto the Lord. I have a good friend who is an electrician and he treats everyone as if his client is Christ. My husband is a teacher. My neighbor works on computers. I'm a homemaker and volunteer now that my children are grown. Love the Lord in all you do, even if it's making coffee and cleaning up messes. I don't think it's what we do that super significant, it's who we are while doing it that is the key.

Thank you so much rose. Knowing my brothers and sisters are making petitions on my behalf gives me peace, comfort, and courage to continue forward.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

repottinger

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 12:28:28 AM »

I'm happy to hear that, Alex. I continue to pray for you, as I can only imagine how challenging your studies and family life must be.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

Nelson Boils

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 03:06:25 PM »

Every time I go to work I think of:

"...through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground.."

Whew!!It is tiring making money for a living!!Waking up every weekday morning,9hr shift,comeback sleep,before you even shut your eyes it is already the next day - off you go again!Do you notice that we spend most of our time with work colleagues than family?Unless you work for yourself of cause!

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »

Every time I go to work I think of:

"...through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground.."

Whew!!It is tiring making money for a living!!Waking up every weekday morning,9hr shift,comeback sleep,before you even shut your eyes it is already the next day - off you go again!Do you notice that we spend most of our time with work colleagues than family?Unless you work for yourself of cause!

Nelson,

You're in good company.   ;D  Here is what Jesus said:

“My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”  John 5:17 NIV

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 04:03:32 PM »

Heh... if only my work days were shorter... but I can't complain. I shouldn't. It is merely the remnants of a stubborn beast who won't die, an old man who refuses to go quietly into the night. I was well guarded and cared for without much effort on my part the first 26 years of my life. I had known relatively few days of evil. It is my due now to work hard. Wish that this hard work would make me more obedient and less susceptible to the lusts of the flesh but alas with man it is impossible to be saved.  Our careers seem incapable of bringing us salvation, no matter how hard we labor. No knowledge of God or work of man. What a marvelous truth testified to through His Word and in the experiences of this life. As paul said, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Would that the Lord not tarry too long.

Thanks Randy for the prayers, all in accordance to God's will, the only thing ever done. A strange work the Lord is doing indeed.

God bless,
Alex

repottinger

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »

You're very welcome, Alex. I'll be sure to pray for God to sustain you through all of your hard work as well, Nelson; it sounds very difficult.
Sincerely,
Randy

Nelson Boils

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 05:02:51 AM »

🙌 Thanks John,guess I am in good company!

Denni,I don't get that joke.Care to explain what is happening in that picture?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »

You'll have to figure it out Nelson

Terry

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »

I can't imagine not having a job,i was married at 16,had a child at 17,divorced at 18,remarried 3 yrs. later, been married 44 yrs. now, its been hard at times for us both but wouldn't change a thing not even the first part as i have a beautiful granddaughter and now a precious great grand daughter 4mos.

For me it never was about if i liked the job,work is work,i never had anyone to pay my bills,if i didn't do it my children didn't eat, no roof over our heads, my first job paid $1.65 hr,it was always hard but its something about going to work and providing for your family that makes it worth it.

I think the thing about work is no matter what u do,do it the best u can,if you get paid what you agreed to work for give it all you got,if you work hard you will soon move up in pay or something else will come along,i believe God rewards them that work hard,i've never seen it fail yet.
Terry
Terry

Terry

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »

My wife Brenda informed me that we were going out to eat at Harbor Inn Fish House the 24th this month our anniversary,also she informed me we will be married 42 yrs. not 44 as i posted earlier,sorry bout that,got to get it right.
Terry
Terry

lareli

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 01:41:08 PM »

just the other day I had to take a women's toilet off the wall to see what was clogging it. There was a pair of car keys on a keychain wrapped in gobs of toilet paper and other.. Stuff, stuck inside. I've now removed keys, glasses (twice), a id badge, and a syringe from toilets over the last 14 years.

No. My job doesn't "thrill" me, lol.

But. I sometimes am able to be like Paul when he said he had learned the secret to being content. So I don't mind my job either. I'm very grateful for the fact that I can put food on my table and a roof over my fams head. I'm grateful that my kids are all accounted for and fed and relatively safe in their warm beds each night.

I don't deserve any of the blessings that the Good Lord has bestowed upon me and my fam. God doesn't "owe" me squat. He doesn't "owe" any of us a lick and not one of us "deserves" a single good thing.

A job as I see it is simply this.. These people want me to do certain things for them and in return they will give me money. That's all a job is in my book. These are the rules that we're born into in this world. I didn't make the rules and since God asks me to submit to these rules I will do my best to not complain.

If the Lord sees fit to open doors that lead me elsewhere to something that is more than just that then so be it. I hope to always thank Him either way.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Terry

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

largeli, well said,if you can find a job at all these days you better take it,what i see now is people would rather have food stamps/welfare than a job,times have changed from when i started out,it would be hard for me to feel like a man living off the fruit of someone else labor,course thats just me.
Terry
Terry
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.