bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meteor shower  (Read 4819 times)

Bill

Meteor shower
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »

On any clear night of the year, meteors can be seen at a rate of a handful per hour. But during a meteor shower like the Perseids, the rate is a dozen to several dozen per hour.

Most meteors will be faint and brief, lasting a fraction of a second. But occasionally a bright one will shine for a few seconds, leaving behind a glowing trail.

I am a little late on this as Friday was supposed too be the peak but I had an oppertunity to sit ouside last night and got to see a half a dozen minor meteors and one very impresive one.  I plan to check it out again tonight.   Let us now if you see anything out there.

Bill

ned

Re: Meteor shower
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 11:55:06 PM »

I too, seen (my first one) last night. It lasted a couple seconds with the "trail".
The stars alone were beautiful.
God, our creator; AMAZING!
Marie

chuckusa

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 01:50:04 AM »

Hi Bill,

About four or five years ago, there was a shower that was predicted to have hundreds of hits per hour. I think it was a comet trail from long ago, impacting upon the atmosphere, anyway... I got up at 3 am, when it was supposed to be at the peak...went out...and behold! I saw hundreds of hits over the next several hours, until daybreak! It got too cold to stay out any longer, but what a show!

Made me feel small.

Peace,
Chuck

Bill

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »

I too, seen (my first one) last night. It lasted a couple seconds with the "trail".
The stars alone were beautiful.
God, our creator; AMAZING!
Marie

My thoughts Exactly!

God bless

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »

I saw my first shooting star last summer. It was amazing! I've always been interested in anything having to do with space.

Psalm 8:
1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

Psalm 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Looking into the inky blackness of the night sky and seeing white dots of light was enough to cause David to declare his praise to the Creator ... but the majestic beauty of deep space is beyond anything he could've imagined. If David could see images that the Hubble Telescope is sending back to earth -- or even an image of earth from space -- it would take his breath away. The glory of deep space is beyond anything he could've imagined being out there.

Should the world as we know it last another thousand years, with unimaginable advances in science and space exploration, what kind of wonders will be discovered that would take our breath away?

How great is God? Greater than David -- or you and I -- can ever comprehend. Praise be to His Name! Amen!

Sandy

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.