bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying God's Way  (Read 3410 times)

Jeff

Praying God's Way
« on: October 13, 2015, 11:07:55 PM »

Something struck me today and I'm not sure I really understand all of the implications.

Should we pray for those who aren't called, and if yes, what?  Do we pray that God would drag them to understanding?  Or is it just a matter the basics (comfort) - contentment in all circumstances, peace, joy?

Someone has been on my mind for 7 months - to the point that it's almost destructive.  I've felt like I'm being tormented.  Literally, I beg God to remove these thoughts, 20, 30, 50 times-every-day (for 7 months!!!!!) - I pray that He would put His desires on my heart, His thoughts in my mind.  I pray for His will.

Then today (I'm slow) it occurred to me that maybe God wants me to pray for them. When I asked that question I hear an immediate "No!", but I have trouble distinguishing God's voice from my own, so I prayed, but had no real understanding or direction.

How do we pray for people who have no concept of God?  Or do we?

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Praying God's Way
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:39:38 PM »

Hi Jeff,

You said "I pray for His will." That's it right there. That prayer will be answered. God understands your thoughts, so just talk to God about what you're thinking and how you feel about this situation, and pray for His will be done. You don't have to be articulate or eloquent. If you ask His will be done, God will answer that prayer whether you're Shakespeare or a country bumpkin.

Personally, I've found that I pray much less for the world than I did when I was in the church. I used to pray a lot for God to fix things wrong with the world: wars in the middle East, homelessness, car wrecks. I still pray about these things occasionally, but it's more from the perspective that these things are necessary for a season, and God will bring them all to repentance one day.

Most of my prayer now is thanksgiving, and when it is the request variety, it's usually prayers for my brothers and sisters here, as well as my wife and--i admit--me...because I have a long way to go in this walk.

I don't think there's anything wrong with praying for those in the world, but remember that God wills for the world to be in the mess it is in. You don't have to pray for the right politicians to get elected and for everyone to get along and for the planet to be saved. God will fix those things in due time.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »

To add to Jesse's post;

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »

This is true for me too.  I Find I pray less for the world and just give thanks for God's love.

i suppose prayer and God's purpose is the only answer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.