bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The hardest part about studying medicine  (Read 4485 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The hardest part about studying medicine
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:14:59 PM »

Is learning about disease that are so heartbreaking to know exist. Especially the congenital birth defects that claim the life of an individual so young, even into their mid twenties, and knowing there is nothing a mortal man can do to heal these persons. It brings me to tears at time. It makes me feel selfish, ungrateful, ashamed, because my life appears so much more convenient and easy going. I know I am no better, more righteous, wiser, or more just than God to ever dare accuse Him of injustice, and yet I can't help but cry for these people who seem to suffer infinitely more than I do. It tares me up inside to think that most of them die without ever knowing there is a God who loves them so much (suffering with them), and for reasons sometimes I have to look past, has planned that they should walk this path in their experience of evil. Yet never alone or without hope. I can't help but think though that they die afraid and without hope in their own minds not knowing and having blessed with the truth as I do. Who am I? I can't help but cry... I am sad for them. I want them to know, I want them to be healed. It brings me to tears.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:27:50 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: The hardest part about studying medicine
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »

Yes is sad and hard to understand but all will be made well in God's time and none of us know what we may suffer from in the future. There are also those who seemed to know God but now say there is no God.

Praise God He has a 100% save rate.

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:54:46 AM »

Yes is sad and hard to understand but all will be made well in God's time and none of us know what we may suffer from in the future. There are also those who seemed to know God but now say there is no God.

Praise God He has a 100% save rate.

Rhys

You're right Rhys. I like to think of Jesus and how He wept over the death of Lazurus and the suffering it caused those who loved Him. I think of Jesus weeping when I weep over these things. It brings me comfort to know the God of the whole universe cries. I know He is love and I try to focus on that. His immense love, especially for the suffering and broken hearted, especially too for those who love Him.

A 100% save rate.... wow. Now there's a number I can get behind, especially as a physician! I can't wait for that day. I'm just so glad to have you all here to share in this experience with because sometimes it seems to much to bare and that my soul will faint. Thank you dear brother for being here with me.

I found this video tonight as I was thinking on these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZosPMYaOVYs

As gandalf says: "Death isn't the end, only a path we must all take."

I think on that, death isn't the end, and this life is but vapor, a very brief moment in time compared to what lies ahead.

Every night I pray, "how long oh Lord? Do not tarry nor delay."

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »

We should be saddened by the suffering of others, even if there is nothing we can do, it's good to have compassion on others difficult plight.

But one thing I have thought about is Jesus healed a lot of people when He was on earth, Ray talked about that, everywhere that Jesus went multitudes of people came to Him and He healed them all. It seems to have been a big part of His ministry when He was on earth and I think it will be a big part of the elects ministry at the beginning of the next age as well. How wonderful will that be!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:30:07 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »

Would should be saddened by the suffering of others, even if there is nothing we can do, it's good to have compassion on other difficult plight.

But one thing I have thought about is Jesus healed a lot of people when He was on earth, Ray talked about that, everywhere that Jesus went multitudes of people came to Him and He healed them all. It seems to have been a big part of His ministry when He was on earth and I think it will be a big part of the elects ministry at the beginning of the next age as well. How wonderful will that be!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

It can't come soon enough Kat. I'm just grateful to know you all, to know God, to be apart of this all with you my brothers and sisters in Christ. Its hard, especially watching others suffer, but I know God is with us and for us and He is going to set all things straight. Waiting is the hardest part.

God bless,
Alex

Mahonse

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »

Thank you for your post Alex.

As a nurse, I can also testify of how hard it can be when you see patients and what they've been going through and you just think how can God let this happen. Or indeed, how can He Will it to happen by creating our default weakened fleshly state, which causes one to sin in the first place.

'The creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God' Romans 8:20-21

But we also know that He has done this for a good purpose; in other words, he has created us from the very ground in which we eat from: the stuff of the earth, in order to give birth to Sons and Daughters of His likeness and character, such as gentleness, kindness and love.' As Rays says, the spirit, and thus these spiritual qualities, are more real than the physical, such as height and hair colour. I don't know how or why God operates in this way. That's just what He tells us.

'So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;' 1 Corinthians 15:42-43

'The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you-they are full of the Spirit and life.' John 6:63

We do know however, that only Christ can heal and therefore, we are to be like Him through our ministry.

'Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.' John 15:4-5

‘By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?’ Matthew 7:16

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;’ Galations 5:22-23

'But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.' Romans 8:10

'For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.' Romans 8:13

We should be saddened by the suffering of others, even if there is nothing we can do, it's good to have compassion on others difficult plight.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Amen Amen

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »

Great post Sean, thank you very much. I think we are both in unique positions by the wisdom and mercy of God. I am very grateful to have this opportunity and blessing to be around the sick and the hurting.

God bless,
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.