bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Awesome God  (Read 3573 times)

Jeff

Our Awesome God
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »

I was sitting here thinking, and I wondered to God, "Why did you create me into the life I've had?"

I'm not going to pretend, that 7 billion other people don't have more difficult lives than I've had, but it was not a good life for me.

And it occurred to me that, for God to create me and desire to have me be part of His family, He must have something in store for us, that we can't even begin to comprehend.

For some, who experience unbearable hardship, pain, suffering beyond measure, horror - our good and gracious, eternal God must be far beyond our capacity to even imagine.

That gave me joy and I'm grateful for the moment. :)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Our Awesome God
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »

i hear what your'e saying Jeff, i think about this also,i've been going through the fire my whole life it seems, even before i knew about any fire except the fire the church teaches about.

I have a opinion but no scriptures to back it up so all i'll say is we aren't going through this for nothing and there's joy just knowing that.
Terry

Terry

judy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »

Jeff and Terry, you never know who's watching. By your acceptance and continued good will people around you might be given hope. I believe(I don't know who said this) but 'I am not worthy to walk in your shoes.' Meaning, to me, suffering has redemption if handled properly. How many times people have come to me and said i was an inspiration. Last thing I wanted to be but somehow they figured they, too, could go on. Every life matters, every nuance, everything matters. We can't judge whether it is good or bad because we will usually see it all bad and it is not true. If there has been moments in your life when you were happy, I'm speaking moments here, then take heart there will be more good ones. Expect wonders, easy to say, hard to do but you can program your mind to see little miracles every day. Little fleeting moments of joy if you open your heart to it. Please try. Sincerely and with lots of love, judy

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:24 AM »

Amen to that Judy! 
Jingle 52

cheekie3

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »

Jeff -

I see it like this:

God is recreating us in His Image.

First the physical, then the spiritual.

He is molding us, bit by bit, creating His Godly characteristics in each of us - yet, making us all unique.

Each Perfect in character yet unique in beauty.

In His Holy Spirit, Peace and Love.

George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.