bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorcery/ Pharmakeia  (Read 5318 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Sorcery/ Pharmakeia
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
†φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft.

Did Ray ever talk about this word translated "sorcery" from the Greek "Pharmakeia"?

Rev 9:21
Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornications, nor of their thefts.

Rev 18:23
...for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

I know that Christs words are spirit. What is the spiritual application of this word Pharmakeia from the book of Revelation? Or are "pharmaceuticals" somehow a form of sorcery?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

Re: Sorcery/ Pharmakeia
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
†φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft.

Did Ray ever talk about this word translated "sorcery" from the Greek "Pharmakeia"?

Rev 9:21
Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornications, nor of their thefts.

Rev 18:23
...for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

I know that Christs words are spirit. What is the spiritual application of this word Pharmakeia from the book of Revelation? Or are "pharmaceuticals" somehow a form of sorcery?

Pharmaceuticals are not witchcraft and sorcery but the word may be derived from the greek or latin root of this sort. I have not looked into this but I am  taking a pharmocology course and can assure you there is no calling of spirits or supernatural evocations that take place in the administering or production of pharmaceuticals. It is possible before drugs were understood, whether they be natural or synthesized, they performed miraculous and even magical results on the sick and so to the uneducated on looker may have appeared to be sorcery in nature.

If the words are related, that would be my guess best as to why. Scripturally, a word search to see how exactly the word was used in its many instances would probably help you come to a more accurate definition of the word. Something I have not done but might unless someone else already has and can share.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 10:58:19 PM »

Ray has written about this in a number of papers, the Lake of Fire installment is one, but there are more.

It's difficult to search, apart from the forum, or I'd share the exact documents.  Years ago there was a search function on the home page, but that was removed :(

Using Google it's possible to enter this: www.bible-truths.com:Pharmakeia but it's not always successful.  I think it might have to do with how Google stores information about the site.

Kat is a pro at locating specifics regarding Ray's writings and maybe she'll do her thing... :)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 12:41:44 AM »

You're right Jeff, Pharmakeia did result is a find.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html -----------------

In Scotland it is called "Kirk" and in Gemany it is "Kirche," in England it is the word "Circe" (the "c" having a "k" sound.) My brother-in-law lives north of Cologne in a small city called Neukirchen meaning New Church.

But according to Brown’s book, "Kirke/Circe" was also the name of a Goddess.

Kirke or Circe was the daughter of the Sun god, who was famous for taming wild animals for her circus. But get ready for this, Circe is pictured holding a golden cup in her hand mixed with wine and drugs, by which she controlled the kings of the world. Now where have we heard that before?

"And the woman [always the symbol for a church/kirke] was arrayed in purple and scarlet color [these colors symbolize wealth and high position], and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication" (Rev. 17:4.)

What else are we told is in the golden cup of this church?

"…the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication" (Ver. 2.)

But there is something else. Remember that Brown above also mention drugs along with wine. Is our lady church of Revelation 17:4-5 "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" also involved in DRUGS?

In the following chapter, we have described the fall of this Babylonian Church System. Notice what Rev. 18:23 lists among her many abominations:

"…for the merchants were the great men of the earth; for by your sorceries were all nations deceived."

Just what are these "sorceries?"

The Greek word translated "sorceries" in this verse is pharmakeia. Dr. Strong’s first definition of this word is, "medicine." Our words "pharmacy" and "pharmaceutical" (DRUGS) are derived from this word. This harlot church peddles spiritual DRUGS to the world! And so, clearly this pagan goddess Kirke not only stamps Christian religions of the world with her name: "Kirke, Kirche, Church," but also she is the Mystery Babylonian Harlot Church of Rev. 17 and 18. This Church has committed spiritual fornication among the leaders of the world, and has caused the inhabitants of the world to be made drunk and drugged by the contents of her golden cup.

What about you? Are you yet so drugged and drunk on this Harlot Church that you cannot see to walk the straight and narrow way of Christ, which leads to life?
----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 01:21:20 AM »

Kat,

I had always viewed this topic in the flesh, and I'm sure the implications are there (abuse of drugs, alcohol, etc.) but I hadn't thought of it in spiritual terms (although I should be doing that) but Ray has made it obvious, and I'm grateful that he has that ability.

I hadn't even considered how the "church peddles it's sorceries", and how we once were, "drunk in its wine". Seduced by platitudes, rituals, traditions - of the flesh, and rarely (if ever) spiritually.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »

It's difficult to search, apart from the forum, or I'd share the exact documents.  Years ago there was a search function on the home page, but that was removed :(

Using Google it's possible to enter this: www.bible-truths.com:Pharmakeia but it's not always successful.  I think it might have to do with how Google stores information about the site.

Hi Jeff,

This is how I do advance searches for BT material using Google:

Go to:

https://www.google.com/

type in search box:   site:bible-truths.com 

click search icon

click on Options box (box in the upper right corner that looks like a flower beneath the Sign In box)

click Advance Search

type in the exact word or phrase you are looking for

click Advance Search

lareli

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »

Thanks Kat.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Jeff

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »

I had forgotten about that Rene. Thank you for the reminder!

I recalled that you can also put the keyword in the search:

site:bible-truths.com truth wisdom

And it will find anything that contains all of the keywords.

You made my day!!!

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.