bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not sure what to think.  (Read 4237 times)

rick

Not sure what to think.
« on: October 24, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »

Just want to throw this out there and see what you all think.

When we do what we are suppose to be doing and good things happen to us, something unexpected, is there a danger in thinking, well God rewarded me for doing good so I deserve this good thing?

Today I feel that I totally dropped the ball if you know what I mean but something very helpful happen to me, something unexpected.

Well, I’m thinking I should get a kick in the rear but I find I’m being blessed. I wonder if that is Gods way of showing me that it has nothing to do with me but everything to do with Him ?

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Not sure what to think.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »

Hi Rick,

Here are some verses of scripture that came to mind:

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Daniel 9:17-19
19 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I provided some of these scriptures because they may give you some perspective to better understand your situation. Just remember to be humble because every good thing you have you received as a gift from God. We are admonished time and time again to be humble and God will exalt us in due time but pride comes before the fall!

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:52:20 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »

Rick -

All is caused by God.

All is of Him.

He is Love, Life and Light.

George.

rick

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:02:03 PM »

Hi Rick,

Here are some verses of scripture that came to mind:

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Daniel 9:17-19
19 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I provided some of these scriptures because they may give you some perspective to better understand your situation. Just remember to be humble because every good thing you have you received as a gift from God. We are admonished time and time again to be humble and God will exalt us in due time but pride comes before the fall!

God bless,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Its interesting to me that you said, here are some verses of scripture that came to mind and the first scripture you put down was Romans 2:4.

Now that scripture has me thinking but I’m not sure what to do with it, I don’t believe I despise Gods goodness, forbearance and longsuffering towards me.

I know all things are of God but I also understand that its both God and me / us, we each have a part or a role in God by God for God to live out or to play out in our lives. What I was wondering or thinking about was Gods grace and how that grace is applied to me or us who are believers.

Does Gods grace show us or teach us that His grace is sufficient for us in spite of our failures ? 
Is it possible to conquer anything of the flesh/ carnal mind without the grace of God ?

Does God teach us forbearance through our sins? I don’t say sin is good but it seems to my understanding that God deems sin as an important role in our life in making sons and daughters out of us otherwise what is the purpose of sin?

Have you not prayed to God asking for something to be removed from your life only to realize its not ? You know as well as I do God could snap His finger ( figure of speech ) and change a persons circumstances thus changing the choices a person will make.

We all hate sin but the truth is, we are sinners, we are powerless to do righteousness no matter how much one desires to. What role do you think sin plays in our life that God created us in vanity ? There must be a good reason why God created us spiritually weak in that we cannot obey Him.

There is nothing in anyone throughout all ages to present that could make them Gods elect, the elect are by Gods choice alone. Its easy to say to anyone don’t sin but do we ourselves sin? Does that not go back to how can you take the beam out of your brothers eye when you have a log in your own eye ?

The wages of sin is death and I’m going to pay for my sins, that’s a good example, you see Christ paid for my sins but I too must pay for my sins so I clearly see its not just all God its us to who have a role to play as well.

Everything goes back to sin, try getting up in the morning and be determined to not sin the whole day and you’ll see sin plays a big role in Gods plan in the life of a believer.

And to a non believer its not about sin but whatever floats your boat because they are a god unto themselves but we know who God is and who the man of sin is and that one day sin will be no more. Big Amen for that but until then it must be.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKxD8WnSYqQ
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:18:49 PM by Rick »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.