bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some scripture worth considering....  (Read 4384 times)

Peacetroll

Some scripture worth considering....
« on: March 23, 2006, 09:56:55 AM »

Proverbs 20:9 (Darby Translation)
9Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Proverbs 20:24 (New International Reader's Version)
24The Lord directs a man's steps.
       So how can anyone understand his own way?

Jeremiah 10:23
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalm 65:4
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Luke 12:
25And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?

26If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

Ephesians 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Romans 8:
30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

John 11:25-27
25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »

John 3:20
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved

AMEN. good post

Mt 4:16
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up

Mt 6:23
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Joh 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not

Joh 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life

Joh 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world

now we are the light though it be dim????

Lu 12:3
Therefore * * whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops

peace

Peacetroll

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:03:55 AM »

He is in those who are in him...

1 Corinthians 6:
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Romans 12:3-5
3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Colossians 2:8-10
 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 20:27-29
27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe...

believe what????  Jesus is "My LORD and my God".

Peace.

P.S. Its a joy to edify one another in scripture Eutychus

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »

excellent!!!!!!!

107:8
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Ps 111:4
He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, (((The mighty God)))))), The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Ps 89:6
For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD

Mt 11:21
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago * * in sackcloth and ashes.

Lu 1:49
For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

24:19
And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in * * deed and word before God and all the people:

Ac 2:2
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting

AWSOME GOD AND SAVIOUR

love
eutychus :wink:

Peacetroll

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

Who is Jude and James speaking of in the following??

2 Peter 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:10
But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

What is a Man?  What is a beast??

Why does Jesus say he prays for "his" and not for the world (if the world and all humans in it are in fact his (of God)??

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Those who believe in Jesus (he knows the heart), are Men (wether male or female), those who do not follow Jesus (nor have his laws written in thier fleshy hearts), those who do no justice, love not Mercy and reject the Lord Jesus are "AS" Beasts.

What is the body without the spirit?  What is a Man?  A flesh body without the spirit of Christ (Holy Spirit), is dead;

Luke 9:60
Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Not of ourselves, it is a gift from God.

Peace in Iesous Christ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.