bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baring good fruit  (Read 7507 times)

Bill

Baring good fruit
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:25:42 PM »

I am interest what others think about what it means to bare fruit.

If I as a nun she may say give your life to Christ and move to a monastery.
If a ask a priest he may say give your life to Christ remain celibate and teach the flock.
If I ask the local pastor he wills say come to church every Sunday and Wednesday, tithe and praise the Lord and Love Love Love.
If I ask a member of the local church they may say give to the poor,  and Love Love Love.
If I ask a missionary he may say sell all that you have and spread the gospel to the corners of the world.

Now these all seem to me to be all physical rituals and doings.  Is the Fruit of the spirit physical?  And if it is what is the difference in what Christiandom is trying to produce?

God Bless

Bill

Andy_MI

Re: Baring good fruit
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »

Hi Bill,

Good question! This passage of scripture came to mind right away:

Gal 5:18 And, if, by Spirit, ye are being led, ye are not under law.
Gal 5:19 Manifest, however, are the works of the flesh, which, indeed, are—fornication, impurity, wantonness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, enchantment, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of wrath, factions, divisions, parties,
Gal 5:21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings;—and such things as these: as to which I forewarn you, even as I have forewarned you,—that, they who such things as these do practise, shall not inherit, God’s kingdom.
Gal 5:22 But, the fruit of the Spirit, is—love, joy, peace, long-suffering, graciousness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control;—against such things as these, there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And, they who are of Christ Jesus, have crucified, the flesh, with its susceptibilities and covetings.
Gal 5:25 If we live by Spirit, by Spirit, let us also walk.
Gal 5:26 Let us not become vain-glorious,—one another, challenging, one another, envying.

Is the Fruit of the spirit physical?

I believe the fruit is something you can see "physically" in someone's life. It's kind of like the verse in James that says "faith without works is dead." In other words, the spiritual fruit needs to be "seen" to be of any use or good for our neighbor.

Love in Christ,

Andy

Andy_MI

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 12:51:12 PM »

Andy,

We were answering at about the same time.

Very good comments and scripture in your post.

Thanks,

Joe

Thank you Joe for the kind words. Praise God and to Him be all the glory!

Andy

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 01:16:19 PM »

I too think about what it means to bear fruit.
When Jesus was on the earth He looked like an ordinary man, but of course He was not like other men, it is evident in what He said and how He acted, so people reconized Him as the Christ by the fruit He bare.
We also are being judged daily, by what we say and how we act, it may be how we respond to our spouse and children at home or how we act when we are cut off in traffic.  Everything we do bares the works of the flesh, Gal. 5:19-21 or the fruit of the Spirit, Gal. 5:22-23.

Bill

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »

Thank you for all your in put.

So then what is good fruit?  In my OP a gave some examples of what I thought others my think.  Is that all good fruit?  There are millions of churches acrossed the earth doing good things is this good fruit?

Thanks again and God Bless

Bill

chumkin

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:31:07 PM »

Thank you for all your in put.

So then what is good fruit?  In my OP a gave some examples of what I thought others my think.  Is that all good fruit?  There are millions of churches acrossed the earth doing good things is this good fruit?

Thanks again and God Bless

Bill

Bill,
 hello greetings and salutaions.

as a rule i try and do all things for the Glory of Christ, a fail many times but he always is faithfull.

we do well  by this;

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment;

Phl 1:10  That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

Phl 1:11  Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hbr 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

we all have differnt Gifts let us use them for edification.

God bless
 chuckt

chumkin

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »

billl i almost forgot:

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Gal 6:3  For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Gal 6:4  But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
 Gal 6:5  For every man shall bear his own burden.

Gal 6:6 ¶ Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

chumkin

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 03:42:02 PM »

I honestly believe that if the love of Christ is in us and we in Him then these things will be a desire and not a chore! You will want to do them out of the love of the Spirit and to be obidient to Him.We can do absolutely nothing without Christ and His Spirit.

bobby

yes this is true, and our active participation would be to abide in him. AMEN.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

God bless
 chuckt

orion77

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »

(Gen 3:2)  And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden,

(Gen 3:3)  but of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.

(Gen 3:4)  And the serpent said to the woman, Dying you shall not die,

(Gen 3:5)  for God knows that in the day you eat of it, even your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

(Gen 3:6)  And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and the tree was desirable to make one wise. And she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

(Gen 2:8)  And Jehovah God planted a garden in Eden to the east; and He put the man whom He had formed there.

(Gen 2:9)  And out of the ground Jehovah God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food. The Tree of Life was also in the middle of the garden; also the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

(Gen 2:16)  And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Eating you may eat of every tree in the garden;

(Gen 2:17)  but of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you may not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.

(Gen 3:24)  And He drove the man out. And He lodged the cherubs at the east of the Garden of Eden, and the flaming sword whirling around to guard the way of the Tree of Life.

(Pro 3:11)  My son, do not reject the chastening of Jehovah, and do not loathe His correction;

(Pro 3:12)  for whom Jehovah loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son with whom he is pleased.

(Pro 3:13)  Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gets understanding.

(Pro 3:14)  For its profit is better than the gain from silver, and its increase more than fine gold;

(Pro 3:15)  she is more precious than rubies, and all the things you can desire are not to be compared with her.

(Pro 3:16)  Length of days is in her right hand, riches and honor in her left hand.

(Pro 3:17)  Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths peace.

(Pro 3:18)  She is a tree of life to the ones who lay hold on her, and happy are the ones holding her fast.

(Pro 3:19)  Jehovah founded the earth by wisdom; He founded the heavens by understanding;

(Pro 3:20)  the depths were broken up by His knowledge, and the clouds dropped down the dew.

(Pro 3:21)  My son, do not let them depart from your eyes; keep sound wisdom and judgment,

(Pro 3:22)  and they shall be life to your soul, and grace to your neck;

(Pro 3:23)  then you shall walk in your way safely, and your foot shall not stumble.

(Rev 2:7)  The one who has an ear, hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To the one overcoming, I will give to him to eat of the Tree of Life which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.

(Rev 22:14)  Blessed are the ones doing His commands, that their authority will be over the Tree of Life, and by the gates they may enter into the city.

We have all gone our own way, and eaten the tree of knowledge of good and evil.  There is only one way to eat the fruit of the Tree of Life and they all point to Christ.  The flaming swords; the gates; in the midst of the Paradise of God.

The fruit that we can produce is after being grafted in by Him, so the fruit we produce is not our own, but His, so none can boast.

I can understand the frustrations of worldly religion.  Have not been to church for many years.  The many, many denominations speaks clearly of the deceptiveness involved.  I would like to know the percentage of people that attend church actually study and search for the truth with a whole heart.  Maybe small or large, only God knows.

(Isa 53:1)  Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of Jehovah revealed?

(Isa 53:2)  For He comes up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form nor magnificence that we should see Him; nor form that we should desire Him.

(Isa 53:3)  He is despised and abandoned of men, a Man of pains, and acquainted with sickness. And as it were hiding our faces from Him, He being despised, and we did not value Him.

(Isa 53:4)  Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted.

(Isa 53:5)  But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His wounds we ourselves are healed.

(Isa 53:6)  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have each one turned to his own way; and Jehovah made meet in Him the iniquity of all of us.

(Isa 53:7)  He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, but He did not open His mouth. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a ewe before her shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.

(Isa 53:8)  He was taken from prison and from justice; and who shall consider His generation? For He was cut off out of the land of the living; from the transgression of My people, the stroke was to Him.

(Isa 53:9)  And He appointed Him His grave with the wicked, but He was with a rich man in His death; though He had done no violence, and deceit was not in His mouth.

(Isa 53:10)  But Jehovah pleased to crush Him, to make Him sick, so that If He should put His soul as a guilt offering, He shall see His seed; He shall prolong His days; and the will of Jehovah shall prosper in His hand.

(Isa 53:11)  He shall see the fruit of the travail of His soul; He shall be fully satisfied. By His knowledge the righteous One, My Servant, shall justify for many, and He shall bear their iniquities.

(Isa 53:12)  Because of this I will divide to Him with the great, and with the strong He shall divide the spoil; because He poured out His soul to death; and He was counted with those transgressing; and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for those transgressing.

Sorry, for the length.  Hope this can help.

God bless,

Gary

MG

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 05:42:47 AM »

There are millions of churches acrossed the earth doing good things is this good fruit?

The fruit that we can produce is after being grafted in by Him, so the fruit we produce is not our own, but His, so none can boast.

I think that our old nature tries to save itself by being good and doing good things. A white washed tomb can look pretty good on the outside. Before Paul was converted he kept the whole law and it probably looked like fruit, but was from self righteousness.

Philippians 3
2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:44:27 AM by MG »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.