bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I Was Talking to my Doctor Today...  (Read 3914 times)

Jeff

So I Was Talking to my Doctor Today...
« on: October 28, 2015, 12:14:41 AM »

...and he asked me a question that required a spiritual response...

I said "Well, from my perspective this is what God says..." And he chuckled and said "Well that's philosophical, you may be overthinking that..." And I thought "Really? I'm overthinking God?" But I didn't say that out loud.  Later it occurred to me "No, that wasn't philosophical, it was spiritual." 

Philosophy relates to how we think carnally.  Religion relates to how we 'think' we're supposed to think, spirituality relates to being obedient to God.

With all their learnedation (yes, that's now a word) they're still scientists looking for a way to prove what we already know.

Our Creator is gracious beyond measure, patient beyond comprehension, and exceedingly good.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: So I Was Talking to my Doctor Today...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:34:57 AM »

Doctors just like to use big words, let's hope Alex did not hear me  ;D

Learnedation sounds a nice word.........consider it stolen  ;)

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »

Doctors just like to use big words, let's hope Alex did not hear me  ;D

Learnedation sounds a nice word.........consider it stolen  ;)

Rhys

lol you goof!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »

Seriously - I would be so grateful to live long enough to be Alex's patient. :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »

Seriously - I would be so grateful to live long enough to be Alex's patient. :)

Heh... You're too kind Jeff. I've got a long way. I'm almost at the end of my first semester in medical school but I've been neck deep in the waters, its very intense. Sometimes you just want to throw your hands up in the air and give up but I trust that God is doing the work and will sustain me. I have simply to rest and wait on Him. Pray for me, if you can, that I should survive this and endure to the end.

You're always welcome though if the time should ever come. The brethren are always welcomed. I would give my utmost for His Church.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

judy

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 02:57:10 AM »

Alex, may God bless you and everything you lay your hands on, may the teaching come easily and your brain have the ability to handle it all. A wonderful profession that does so much good. I am fortunate to have a believing Doctor who does not dismiss my spirituality. He always listens to me and treats me as though I also have a brain. He actually hangs scripture on his walls. I always pray for him, these kind don't come along often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.