bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stink Bugs  (Read 3261 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Stink Bugs
« on: October 28, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Here in Virginia we have  a new bug its a stink bug, the only thing it does is stink,a friend said they didn't have them in West Virginia so just wondering if anyone else has them.
Terry
Terry

Kat

Re: Stink Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »

Oh yes indeed we have the brown stink bug down here in the lower south. Not to be confused with the bright green Shield bugs, that also has a stink gland. But they are bad news for more reasons than the yucky smell when you smash one...
beginning in late May or early June, on a wide range of fruits, vegetables, and other host plants including peaches, apples, green beans, soybeans, cherries, raspberries, and pears. Because the bugs insert their proboscis below the surface of fruit, and then feed, some insecticides are ineffective. (Wikipedia)

Terry

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »

well i was wondering what they eat as i've never seen them eat on anything, they are horrible here.
A friend tore a house down and said there were millions in the wall,i was hoping everyone would reply just to know if they were all over the country, my friend thinks Va. Tech has something to do with their existence, i really don't see it that way,i heard they came from China on shipping containers
Terry
Terry

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »

Yeah, invasive species are a problem in lots of places, and it's been going on for a looooong time.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:28:00 AM »

Correct Dave,
Looong time.

When I was a boy living in Indiana we traveled to my Mom's former home in Eastern Pennsylvania.
The agricultural department had inspection stations at the State border to check produce for Japanese Beetles and I suppose other forms of bugs that attacked the crops. We had to give up 100 pounds of potatoes that we were taking to Mom's folks in Oxford.
Then Pearl Harbor happened. Probably no connection, just coincidence.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.