bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: post 2000  (Read 3983 times)

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
post 2000
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:51:21 AM »

Get this -- I am sure there are members on this foram born before 2000 (probably most), but I was talking to a 15/16 year old teenager the other day who called me "grandpa" cause I was born in the 70s.  ;D ;D
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: post 2000
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 04:17:12 AM »

Bring back spanking!   ;D

At work, I have 30-something mothers calling me grandpa.  The indignities we suffer...but then again, I can always pretend it's respect.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Terry

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

I have children born in the 70's, the thing is when you're young you have no idea what old feels like, but now being almost 63 i still feel that i'm in my 20's on the in side, i feel like[the real me} is trapped in this old wore out body crying to get out,i'd just say to those who are young be extra nice to those who are older, because in a blink you will wake up and wonder what happen, thinking yesterday i was young and now i'm old,i find little pleasure in these golden years.
Terry
Terry

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

It is a humbling experience to grow old... the vim and vigor of youth is long gone. But I wouldn't go back for a minute with what it's taken me to learn through all these years, to the naivety of the young... I've earned every gray hair, mostly in the school of hard knocks. There's something good to be said about maturity.

Mature 1 : based on slow careful consideration 2 : having attained a final or desired state 3 : of or relating to a condition of full development.
(Merriam-Webster)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »

Yes, the testosterone of youth is nothing but a crown of shame and frustration to those of us whose eyes have been opened. Uncontrollable lust for the female body is nothing to envy or be proud of. It is the power of the beast, to make war with the saint and overcome him. His time is short though! Thank God!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Terry

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »

Yes Kat you're right i wouldn't want to go through all of that either, there is something to be said about getting older,its just the aches and pains i guess.

I went from strong as a bull to an old man over night literally at the age of 50, but looking back God put me in a place to slow me down and lead me to BT's about 7 years ago and for about the first 4 months dragging me out the churches way of thinking,but finally i gave in,that was the worst time of my life and the best time also, i wouldn't trade what God has done in my life for all of the world now,my race will soon be over, i'm still in the fight though and i know how this fight will end so no matter what comes my way i just do the best i can and i have joy unspeakable, Really,

lilitalienboi16
I hear you my Brother and feel your pain also,if it helps you aren't going through anything most of us aren't going through,also i hate to bust your bubble but i heard you say in earlier post that you'ed be glad when you get 60 yrs. old,you ever heard the phrase Dirty old men, there's a reason for that to,it's a fight to the end my Brother,you hang in there God will give you peace, and i know it's hard but i think it's supposed to be that way,i've never been in a fight that was easy.
Terry
Terry

Jeff

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »

Yes, the testosterone of youth is nothing but a crown of shame and frustration to those of us whose eyes have been opened. Uncontrollable lust for the female body is nothing to envy or be proud of. It is the power of the beast, to make war with the saint and overcome him. His time is short though! Thank God!

If it were an option I would "like" this and give it a "thumbs up"! Thank you Alex!

I wonder if moving to Japan would garner a measure of respect? Although I live to this age only by the grace of God, so He would be the "respected" :)

Our God is gracious and patient with His children.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »

Hi Terry,

While I know yours is the experience of the vast majority of men and I am nobody different then the worst of sinners, yet I still hold out hope because of these marvelous Words of God:

Matthew 19:25-26
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 10:26-27
26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Luke 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

It's a long shot but as He will do according to His good pleasure.

God's blessings to you brother.

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Terry

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 07:25:53 AM »

Yes Alex you are right,i was thinking yesterday after i posted how i could have said that different, we are all different,and i didn't mean to lump all men as being the same as that's not true either,

With all the problems or sins if you will that i have, i do see how God has helped me with them,things i have had problems with in the past actually are much easier or completely gone, it is much easier knowing he is in control as we can do nothing of ourselves, hope, oh yes hope and prayer what a beautiful thing, and i Hope and Pray for the best for you Alex

Terry

Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.