bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And more prayer  (Read 3937 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
And more prayer
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:10 PM »

This time of year is hard for me. Last year our son decided not to come home during Christmas and we haven't seen him since. This year I am afraid of more of the same. He's running out of money but not talking to us. All the signs in the store that say, "I'll be home for Christmas", for the first time just cause me pain.  Its not the ritual of the holidays that's important- it's just the reminder of us not being a whole family.
 My husband doesn't know if he should get on a plane and fly to see him. He needs to make some financial decisions.  I'm afraid of saying the wrong thing. He misconstrues so many things.
 Some days I don't think I can live like this another day. And then I read what CJ said in her prayer request and her struggles and difficulties and I know we all have our burdens to bear. 
 Please pray my son lives. Please pray that God will protect him and if He doesn't that we find a way to live meaningful lives . Please pray that God will have mercy on us and draw a prodigal home. Knowing this is all in God's hands is a great comfort, but also a sadness that He has not chosen to draw my son to Himself. Please pray we find the words and the actions that are loving and wise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:29:06 AM by octoberose »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: And more prayer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »

The older I get the more protective I get of my children.

The older I get the more I want to pass on to them my hard-earned wisdom about life. But when I do many times it just causes resentment. So I'm learning to keep quiet and let them learn just like I did (unless it's really, really important).

Your son has to live his life and learn his lessons just like the rest of us, like God intends.

All you can do is pray and then let it go.

I'll pray for you and your son.

repottinger

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »

Dear Rose,
I’m so sorry to hear that your family’s agonizing situation has not yet been resolved; I will be sure to pray for your son’s protection and return to your family.
Your brother in Christ,
Randy

Nelson Boils

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:55:05 AM »

Majority of this world hardly wants to hear what truth you have to tell them.Whether it is our children,siblings or parents.After all,we were told that our enemies will be the members of our own household.So,just like Dennis,i'm learning to keep quiet and let them be,until God draws them back to you and they start asking for your advice or perspective.

Matthew 10:34 VS John 14:29

"..I did not come to bring peace,but a sword. "A son against his father,a daughter against her mother.I have told you now before it happens,so that when it does happen you will believe."

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 01:38:00 AM »

Well, it's not that he's not asking advice. It's that he's stopped communicating almost at all.
  You know, as I think about this I really feel God is disciplining us.  This is like a judgement by God and I have to continue walking through it day by day. Having peace in the midst of it is terribly hard, but I think that's what is needed. I have beat myself up for so many things and I am finally able to accept that God is driving this situation, not me. It's not that we don't all have things to answer to, I certainly do. Things I regret, decisions made that I made in good faith and now I think they were wrong. But, God knew all this. I did not give my son his temperament. God did. He knows I think He has broken my heart. But, it is His heart to break, and one day I believe He will mend it.
 But I really do appreciate your prayers. Even when I don't ask we always need it and if God brings him back to us- you'll be some of the first people I let know.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 06:29:09 AM »

Going through the fire is not easy but it's God's fire for a purpose. He will restore all in His time.

Prayers for you

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »

You and your family are always in my prayers, even when you don't ask for it. Hang in there.
With love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 01:34:47 AM »

Thank you. You all are a lifeline and I'm so grateful you are there.

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 12:32:07 AM »

hey octoberose.  it is becoming more and more clear, and a hard lesson to accept, that nothing is in our control.  for others, and for ourselves.  we make the decisions we make because God has caused every circumstance in our life that bring us to whatever choices we make.  all is of God.  every bit of it.  the good, the bad, and the ugly.  but as ray always said, "who will believe our report?" 

i have learned that grief will come to each of us.  for one reason or another.  our trials and tribulations are relative to our own individual lives.  the narrow road is rough and unpaved, but it leads to the prime real estate owned by our Father.  His kingdom of heaven.  our true homestead.
love, patience, trust, hope, and prayer.  these are the things we need to hold onto.  these are what help fill the potholes we come to on the narrow path we maneuver. 

i pray God's will be done for your son octoberose.  whatever it is, i pray God gives you and your husband the courage to accept it.

easier said than done...

claudia

judy

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »

Dear Octoberose, you have just described my son. I never know what quite is true, what he wants, how he feels, his absence drives me to such sadness. His temperment is so quick to defend even when nothing bad was intended. I long for a good relationship but have given up because I have done all in my power which obviously is nothing. I pray he finds his way as he is fighting many battles. When I pray for him I will include your son also. I can only feel with you and pray and hope these men will one day understand how much they were loved. judy

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 12:21:12 AM »

Claudia and Judy, I read your post this morning and I am praying for you as you pray for us. Without a good and merciful God, it would be so easy to fall in despair. One day these will be light and momentary troubles, and we will barely remember them. For now, we pray and have faith and wait on our Christ,   "the author and defender of our faith".
  Thank you for sharing in my mothers" heart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.