bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The most beautiful verse in all of scripture  (Read 6400 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The most beautiful verse in all of scripture
« on: November 08, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »

Luke 23:34  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Does this not give us the greatest glimpse into the heart of God? What a God that He would say such a thing. Its so beautiful.

I am in tears just thinking about His humility and love for us. It blows my mind, we are so unworthy, and He is so abounding with love and patients. How? How can it be that we should be so blessed with such a God?

Absolutely beautiful. Truly there is nothing that can separate us from His love.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Nelson Boils

Re: The most beautiful verse in all of scripture
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »

Yes,it is a beautiful spurious verse.So it is not even supposed to be in the new testament.

At least according Professor C.Tischendorf

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:16:45 PM »

Yes,it is a beautiful spurious verse.So it is not even supposed to be in the new testament.

Means absolutely nothing Nelson. Discerning and rightly dividing the word is more than spurious vs. non spurious.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lareli

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »

Why, according to Professor C. Tischendorf, is this verse not supposed to be in the New Testament?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Kat

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »

The list are the words, phrases or sentences compiled by Dr. Tischendorf in his study of what he found to be omitted from the Sinaitic or it and the Vatican Manuscripts, these are the two oldest Greek manuscripts.

So basically if it is 'spurious,' it lacks validity or authenticity of the original writings of the Apostles. It is believed that some of these may have been added by copyists thinking to make the meaning clearer and some could have been taken from notes that people had put in the margin, that just got added to the original text.

Anyway it is helpful, because these manipulations have in some cases obscured the truth, as in Revelation 20:5.

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

That first part is spurious and is not true and creates confusion when trying to understand the resurrection.

The complete list is at this link http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:38:03 PM by Kat »

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 10:09:43 PM »

It's funny because I was just reading one of Ray's papers and he specifically talks about Luke 23:34.  Does that mean he did not agree it was spurious- since he did not take down his original article? I think that list appeared before Ray's passing, if memory serves.
 And I agree, Alex, it's beautiful. And I hope it is suppose to be there- but how is one to know?

Kat

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:31:15 AM »

Ray had referred to a number of spurious Scripture in previous articles, before he found Tischendorf's list, and I do not remember him making changes because of it, he just left it as it was. At the conference "How We Got The Bible' he spoke about finding the list and did speak a bit about some of the verses that were on the list.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.msg49001.html ---

Luke 23:34  Then said Jesus, Father forgive them; for they know not what they do

This one really threw me. It’s not in the Sinaiticus or the Vaticanus, so is it Scripture or isn’t it? I don’t know. It’s not in the two oldest ones, so maybe it’s not.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is clear where in the verse in Luke came from though, it was in a prophecy from Isaiah.

Isa 53:10  Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
v. 11  He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.
v. 12  Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Nelson Boils

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »

John 8:1-11. Story about the woman caught in adultry.
That is another "beautiful" spurious verse.

Jeff

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 01:17:37 AM »

Alex,

I wrote you a very emotional, heartfelt, letter in response to your post  - in support of you.

It took an hour to write and find relevant Scripture and then in a flash it was gone, maybe the wrong keystroke, maybe God, maybe the adversary, I don't know.

What I do know is that not every thought we have, not everything we feel, is recorded in Scripture.  We were given a mind to think, and a heart to feel, and what you wrote - in the face of spuriousness - you shared something that God gave you in that moment, and for that I thank Him for providing, and you for sharing.  What you wrote meant a lot to me right now and maybe many others. You worshipped and loved and were blessed by our Creator.

Bless you, Brother, in Christ,

Jeff

Joel

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 03:07:20 AM »

I agree with you Alex, the LOVE of GOD is absolutely beautiful.
He was there when they stoned Stephen, and the very last words he spoke were very similar.

ACTS 7:60-And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge.
And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

I don't see Acts 7:60 on the spurious list.

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 03:25:31 AM »

To add to what Kat said:

1Co 2:6  Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8  Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Jeff

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »

“He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” 1 John 4:8

Is wisdom greater than love?  I think not.

Kat

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »

I wrote you a very emotional, heartfelt, letter in response to your post  - in support of you.

It took an hour to write and find relevant Scripture and then in a flash it was gone, maybe the wrong keystroke, maybe God, maybe the adversary, I don't know.

Hi Jeff, I can sympathize with you on losing that, it's happened to me. Here is what you can do to 'un-do' what you have just typed or lost, hold down the 'Ctrl' key and at the same time press the 'z' key. It will just undo the last thing you typed, and you can do it several times to go back further. This has saved me a few times when I inadvertently hit the wrong key...

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:48:37 PM by Kat »

dave

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Hi Jeff, I can sympathize with you on losing that, it's happened to me. Here is what you can do the 'un-do' what you have just typed, hold down the 'Ctrl' key and at the same time press the 'z' key. It will just undo the last thing you typed, and you can do it several times to go back further. This has saved me a few times when I inadvertently hit the wrong key...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

WOW...thanks Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »

Dear brother Jeff,

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words. I'm happy to have been able to share that moment of inspiration with you and everyone here. I'm glad you found it uplifting and edifying. God bless.

To Joel,

Thank you for the added witness to the Words of our Lord. Much appreciated.

Kat makes an excellent point as well about the prophecy of Isaiah. It fits very well with the words our Lord spoke.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:02:09 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Jeff

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 11:07:42 PM »

Thank you Kat. Unfortunately I'm on an iPad and they apparently don't believe in the glory of Ctrl-Z :). Heathens!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.