bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get e-Sword and e-Sword bibles  (Read 19129 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
How to get e-Sword and e-Sword bibles
« on: November 14, 2015, 09:40:59 PM »

Get e-Sword at http://www.e-sword.net/ and click the "Download e-Sword" button.

After e-Sword is installed open it and click “Download” at the very top on the menu bar to get different bible versions.

Go here for more information on downloading different versions of the bible:
http://www.e-sword.net/training/download.viewlet/download_viewlet_swf.html

The Concordant Version is not in the list of available bible downloads but you can get it here (the download should start automatically).
http://www.eswordlibrary.com/bible-versions/concordant-literal-bible-version/

After you download the Concordant Version you'll need to copy and paste the file in the e-Sword folder which is usually located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword" on a PC (sorry no idea on a Mac).

What versions do you think are best/mandatory?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:45:50 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: How to get e-Sword and e-Sword bibles
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:05 AM »

Though not a bible version, the King James Concordance by Strong is mandatory.

There are also several bible-dictionaries that are helpful, with care.

One I picked up has been a worthwhile tool.  It's nearly impossible to just sit and read most of the time, but it's a bible-study help in itself.  That's the Apostolic Bible Polyglot, which is an English translation of the Septuagint (which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew Scripture made near the time of Jesus) along with a translation of the NT, both with Strong's Concordance numbers.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:37:31 AM »

I don't know about mandatory but I have installed the Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham, Concordant Literal Version and Young's Literal Version on my installation.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:43:27 AM »

All I can find is the New Testament for the Emphatic Diaglott - Are both available?

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »

I don't know Dennis.  The one that I have is NT as well.

Doug

Kat

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:06:49 PM »

I remember Ray referring to Young's, Rotherham and Concordant as good literal translations. He also referred to the American Standard Version (ASV) and of course he used to KJV, I do like the NKJV and use it most of the time. I like having the KJV with the Strong's numbers so you can look up Strong's definitions. I also like to look at some of the translations that are in a more present day language which can make what's being spoken of clearer at times, like the Good News Bible (GNB) and the International Standard Version (ISV).

I also like having concordances for there knowledge of things in the Biblical time periods and for their cross Scriptural references, like Jamieson, Fausset and Brown (JFB), Gill, Albert Barnes and Matthew Henry. There is one in particular Treasure of Scriptural Knowledge (TSK) that primarily gives a lot of cross references.

Dictionaries are helpful too, as you need Strong's Hebrew and Greek for the number references and Thayer's Greek does that too, and also Brown Driver and Driggs (BDB) for Hebrew definitions. There is a King James Concordance that give all the other places in Scripture where a certain word you are looking at is used. And I occasionally use the American Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ASBE), Fausset's Dictionary, Nave's and Smith's.

All of these have been helpful at one time or another, of course some more than others.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.