bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The eight cow woman  (Read 3339 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The eight cow woman
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »

Moderators beware. I think that this may be teaching, but I'll take a chance.  ::)
Indiana Bob
= = =
JOHNNY LINGO’S EIGHT-COW WIFE
(Original © Patricia McGerr, 1965)

Johnny Lingo was strong, handsome, intelligent, and resourceful, but when he chose a wife the people shook their heads in disbelief. The woman Johnny chose was plain and skinny. She was hesitant and shy, and walked with her shoulders hunched and her head down. But Johnny loved her.

Most surprising to everyone was Johnny’s offer. In their island country a wife was purchased by giving her father cows in payment. The normal asking price was four cows; five or six if the woman was especially beautiful. The villagers thought Johnny might pay two or three cows at the most. But he paid eight cows for her!

Several months after the wedding Johnny’s bride had transformed into a beautiful, poised, and confident woman. When asked about the transformation, Johnny Lingo responded, “I wanted an eight-cow wife, and when I paid that for her, and treated her in that fashion, she discovered she was worth more than any other woman in the islands. And what matters most is what a woman thinks of herself.”

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The eight cow woman
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »

beautiful.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

judy

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 02:48:12 AM »

Bob, I used to think I was worth a herd at least but as I get older and have seen what i am capable of I'd be lucky if someone offered a calf. judy

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:14:05 AM »

Now now Judy, you have to always go for the positive in every situation.

Even though we get older and lose some of our physical beauty we have the opportunity to develop spiritual beauty. I think that is what Johnny Lingo saw in his prospective bride. Her inner beauty and potential to become even more desirable.

When God is finished working on us we all will have attributes of glory that will cause our mortal friends to love and desire us above all things. That is just another good reason that we need to learn true humility.

Indiana Bob

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

judy

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »

Thanks I. Bob, just a joke with a little truth. I think we' re probably, as you say, worth much more than we think. After all our Father is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords which makes us princes and princesses, a royal priesthood. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all. I hope everyone has at least one person to be with and even if it's only Mc Donalds hamburgers that's not the point any way. judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.