bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: "So - Is there any difference?"  (Read 30252 times)

Kat

Re: "So - Is there any difference?"
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

In all these hypothetical situation we can imagine, we are determining in our heart how we think about these things. That is what God is interested in, not what our rash behavior might be in a sudden situation, but how we 'think,' what we deliberately determine in our heart when calm and collected. This shows our moral character traits, our attribute of good behavior/habits, that is what God is looking at and will judge.

Pro 16:1  We may make our plans, but God has the last word.
v. 2  You may think everything you do is right, but the LORD judges your motives. (GNB)

Jer 17:10  I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
v. 13  And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

We most likely will never have a home invasion, but if we have harbored up a desire to kill IF it should come, God will judge that attitude. I'm just trying to say we need to view things in a different light than the world does and it starts with how we think, our attitude in our heart.

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
v. 2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
v. 11  Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dave

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »

Thank you again Kat :)

Doug

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

Kat, they are beautiful verses.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »

In all these hypothetical situation we can imagine, we are determining in our heart how we think about these things. That is what God is interested in, not what our rash behavior might be in a sudden situation, but how we 'think,' what we deliberately determine in our heart when calm and collected. This shows our moral character traits, our attribute of good behavior/habits, that is what God is looking at and will judge.

Thanks Kat, excellent point. Just like if a man resists committing the physical act of adultery, if he thinks about it and wants to do it, he will still be judged for it (Matt. 5:27-28).

It works the other way too, on the "positive" side. There may be some here who really would like to give to this ministry but can't, because of commitments to family, the government, etc. But I think if they truly want to and wish they could, God sees that and judges what is in their hearts. He knows our situations and whether we can or cannot give; he looks at the heart and intentions (1 Sam. 16:7).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.