bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie's first time introductory post  (Read 7646 times)

Scribbles

Newbie's first time introductory post
« on: August 14, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »

I honestly do not know where to begin, and still attempt to write a half-way decent, understandable post. I'll just start and hope for the best....but I don't think I'll be able to really cover everything in this first post, because there's so much to say, and I go "way back".....a long history of "been there-seen that-heard that-done that" etc. I've been reading here for several weeks and have recently joined, finally.  I've been meaning to post before now, but I get started reading and it's been somewhat overwhelming....in the good sense of the word. To get started with one area, has led to another area, and another, etc. I'm reading some of the series, the emails, the forum.....in between shedding tears, grinning and laughing, complete spiritual dumbfoundness, and praying. And I just can't get enough of it.........it's much like when it was so many years ago, when He first led me to Him, and I couldn't read the bible fast enough to satisfy the spiritual thirst. Since I was dropping off my two young daughters at a local Nazerene vacation bible school, at the time, we started there. I very quickly stopped going, and sought the Lord to where I was suppose to go, etc. ... All these years of harboring these doubts, and questions, etc. about the mainstream churches, including the non-denominational churches and groups.....and wondering why?....why did I "see" some things, that others obviously didn't?  I've gone from starting at home, reading and praying on my own.....to several denominational mainstream, to full gospel, to a faith cult group, back to home studying on my own, to several non-denominational churches and organizations,  and now, back "home" again....truly where He wants me now. Little did I know .... about 30 years ago, when I first ask Him for wisdom, that I'd recieve it in such ways......That last sentence was said with "humor".....I've made alot of mistakes with and in my life, but after each time, I "swore" I'd learn my lesson.....well.......I'm at the age and place that now I hope above all else that that is true now. And perhaps, alot of those mistakes were lessons given in order to gain experience. In all these years, I never left Him or anything like that. I was just making alot of personal blunders with my life, while I was going through the "looking for a church process". And I realize now that I was right all along.....I do not "need" to belong to any worldly church or organization, etc. A few months ago, I couldn't let go of the parable of the Shepard and the one lost sheep that he went after. It was like...on my mind all the time. I felt that He was gently nudging me back to his flock of sheep. It was shortly afterwards that I found Ray's website. I think everyday that I read and study here, I learn something new. When I first mentioned that it seems "overwhelming" in the good sense of the word...it is doing something spiritually.....there's a 'letting go' and then a new found freedom for the truth of His precious Word. And then, there is SO much to learn and re-learn. And I'm not whinning about that, either...It's just totally awesome! I go to sleep pondering "things". . . .I wake up in the mornings ponderings "things"....I sit and read as many times as I can during the day and evenings, and I have many other areas left to study, but I've been going first, over some of the more pronounced doctrines or studies. It's a wonder that I can get anything else done in my apartment. Just joking !  I'm trying to maintaine a balance, at least. I'm happy to be here on the forums and look forward to sharing more with the ones here....and I do have alot more to share. Perhaps something, somewhere, will help someone else, or like myself, will just bring a smile, a nod, or just plain "make their day" :)
Thanks for listening,
Scribbles

Andy_MI

Re: Newbie's first time introductory post
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »

I also wish you a warm welcome scribbles! I look forward to hearing more from you. May God bless you on your journey for truth.

Love in Christ,

Andy

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

Welcome aboard Scribbles. Great post. There is so much to learn and share here.

I am at work right now. There is nothing going on so I took this break to write this.
I can't stay on too long, but I was so happy to see your post I had to respond.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beloved

prarrydog

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »

Hi Scribbles.  Welcome.  Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself.  Look forward to hearing more.

God be with you
Scott

orion77

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:25:26 PM »

Hello Scribbles, welcome to the forum.  Thanks for sharing, and very well put.  Can most definetly equate to what you said.

We are so lucky to have a God, who is long suffering and patient, to wait upon our own stubborness.  A vow made 25 years ago, in which God kept His part instantly and continously, took me well over 20 years to keep my side.  He is very patient, and I'm, well just very lucky He is patient.   ;D

God bless,

Gary

Layla

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »

Hi Scribbles

Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us, I feel like I know you now!!  I'm glad you found a place to fellowship.  I just recently found the forum myself and it is truly is a blessing.  Welcome!

Peace,
Layla

MG

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 05:16:12 AM »

Hi Scribbles,

I'm glad you're here. :)

ned

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »

Hi Scribbles,
Each introduction I read like yours, really confirms to me that this is definitely God-inspired fellowship, and I praise Him for bringing His people together as such. Welcome to our family forum, may we all learn and grow in love together.
Marie

Harryfeat

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Hello Scribbles.

A warm, warm welcome to the forum.  I look forward to your future posts.  We seem to have a couple of things in common, a unique sense of humor and a voracious appetite for knowledge and learning.

Your experience of trying many brands of religion has probably left you with  a great perspective on these matters.  I am glad you found your way here.

feat

mongoose

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 04:19:24 PM »

Welcome Scribbles,
   I know what you mean about trying churches and searching.  Did that myself and i think so have a lot of others here.  Your hunger for knowledge sounds so familiar too.  I can't read the forum and Rays site and the bible and....well....pretty much everything else I can get my hands on fast enough to suit me.  I have to be very strict with myself to limit my time so I can get my actual work done too...  ;D.
I am so glad God brought you here to our family.  Look forward to more posts from you and hope you find this forum to be a huge blessing in your life.

mongoose

chuckusa

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 09:02:07 PM »

Hi Scribbles,

Thanks for sharing your life with us, welcome and God bless.

Your brother,
Chuck

gmik

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »

Welcome Scribbles,
   I know what you mean about trying churches and searching.  Did that myself and i think so have a lot of others here.  Your hunger for knowledge sounds so familiar too.  I can't read the forum and Rays site and the bible and....well....pretty much everything else I can get my hands on fast enough to suit me.  I have to be very strict with myself to limit my time so I can get my actual work done too...  ;D.
I am so glad God brought you here to our family.  Look forward to more posts from you and hope you find this forum to be a huge blessing in your life.

mongoose

Welcome Scribbles.  I enjoyed your post. Im like you and mongoose, I can't read enough. I took my notes from all Ray's papers and notes from the forum and downloaded tapes of Ray for my vacation.  Its what i do now!! Everything else seems so dull.  Anyway, glad you came aboard!!

snorky

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 12:04:38 AM »

Hi, Scribbles! Welcome to the truthseekers!--snorky

SandyFla

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

Hi, Scribbles, and welcome to the forum!  :)  Feel free to share and join in the discussions anytime. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

God bless,
Sandy

lauraathome2005

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »

Hi Scribbles,
Welcome to a place in which I feel very comfortable calling home (on the net).  Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Sometimes that's such a difficult thing to put to words and you've done a fabulous job.
I don't post often, but read as much as I can each day. I find this forum the perfect place for edification, rest, peace, and solitude. Especially at times of weakness.  It seems from what I've read so far, tho we're all learning different things from God through His Son, Jesus Christ, there's a spirit of "oneness" bringing us closer together each day.  God bless you and guide you.  Laura 

Scribbles

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 03:19:08 AM »

I must say, that I'm stunned by so many responses.....so heartwarming....so "real"....And for those that have been here awhile, I'm sure that you have read something like that many times before. I hardly expected this many reponding posts....lol....After reading so many posts here at the forum, I've noticed a similiar occurance. I might be way off base.....I don't know. But it seems that there are so many of us that have been led here after a serious trial, 'storm', etc. Most have been on a life-time journey and finally have found "home". But I still see that these 'storms' of life that we've recently been through, etc. And with such love here, we can now freely share and be understood, without the worldly carnal religeous condemnation that is so prevailant elsewhere. I'm not meaning that we dont have anymore trials and temptations, etc.....nor will not experience anymore storms, etc, either...but, maybe there will be others here that know what I'm talking about. And also...the renewed peace, no matter what we've gone through, still going through, and will....there's a newfound peace that really really does pass all understanding, more so that I used to have. And yes, I've just went through some mighty storms this past 3 years, and especially this last year.....but the calm is happening right now, and its such a ....."feeling" is not the right word. It's that inner peace, along with what is being re-learned about the precious scriptures here.....its just an awesome thing to ponder these thoughts, day and night. But mostly I just wanted to respond to mention how grateful I am to everyone that answered my first post here.
Scribbles

child in the making

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »

Thanks for taking the plung scribbles.

I'm still trying to muster the courage.

child in the making

OBrenda

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »

Welcome Scribbles!

Are those your kitty cats?

;D
Brenda

Linny

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 11:29:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I know how you feel! Can't get enough. Its been many months for me and I still am excited and learning and reading.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Blessings, Lin

jg

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »

Hiya Scribbles!

I'm another who can really relate to your post.  Since the day I googled "tithing" and was "somehow" directed to Ray's website, my life and relationship with God has changed, as I'm sure most here can identify with.  I went from "wow, this is neat," (read more),,,,,then "WOW! This is GREAT!" (read more), then to a total basket case of tears and thanksgiving to God!!!!

One topic lead to another, and before I knew it, the word of God started to take on more and more meaning. Things became clearer than I ever even thought possible.  It started to make sense. And then, the biggie, Jesus Christ was sent to save the whole world!  Not just the few who were fortunate enough to hear about Him as I had been taught.  Suddenly, to me, or in me, I realized how totally Worthy God is of my praise and worship.  What a God! 

Then I learned about the lake of fire and "brimstone-sulphur, a cleansing agent",,,BRILLIANT!

I wont cover all I've learned, I just wanted to share with you how God has blessed me and my family through His word on this website. (still learning with a l-o-n-g way to go)

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.