bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's been a strange night.  (Read 7624 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
It's been a strange night.
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:04:13 AM »

I've been very sick with a head and chest cold for the past four days.  I haven't slept much at all due to the inability to breathe, and really wild thoughts/dreams that have come out of the exhaustion and/or the OTC drugs.  Earlier tonight, I thought I might be able to sleep until I started to get the hiccups.

It's been a picture of spiritual judgement, in my mind. 

It seemed like every twinge, burp, hiccup, or cough had a physical memory attached to it from the last few days.  I relived most of them feeling better and better, and remembered our old member Dr. Beloved's "hiccup cure" which I got out of bed to perform when they hit.

It seems I've gotten down to the last one, and nothing I've been able to do has brought me any lasting relief.  Sorry for the 'graphic', but I had to dig deep and bring up the phlegm.  I've had to do that several times.  Now it's its alternating between hiccups and just a spasm, sometimes seeming to go along with my heartbeat.  It is representing to me that one deep sin...the one I have defined my life by, and by which I have been defined.  The one I've believed I will not overcome before I "sleep".

It's way worse than a hiccup.

I don't know what's coming in the few hours left before the day begins.  At the moment I'm typing this sentence, it seems to be abating and maybe I'll get some rest.  I've thought the same thing about this sin, and I've not yet been permanently correct. 

Maybe you can relate to the physical night I'm having as a "spiritual experience".  Maybe not.  But it has seemed too close to truth and unusual not to share.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

virginiabm

Re: It's been a strange night.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »

I know what you mean Dave in Tenn. I have been getting boils since I was 16 and as I got older and learning the Spiritual side of the physcial, I relate the boils when they come on me as anger, how anger gets in you and festers and then as it continues to get worse and worse, the pain is so bad you can't stand it. Then as the boils comes to a head it erupts, but during that time, that pain is only hurting you, like anger is only hurting us and it is best to get rid of the anger as soon as possible before it erupts into something worse and hurts others. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe God is teaching you something through all this. I know God is teaching me through the many problems in my physcial body.

May God be with you.
    Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
       Virginia Miller

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 08:01:44 AM »

I can relate Dave.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »

Hi Dave, I can relate with that to.

And I turned and seen...

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »

Prayers and hope you feel better soon

Rhys
🤫

Terry

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »

sorry to hear that you are sick Dave, hope it passes soon,i've never had that problem but seen my dad and mom go through it,its heart breaking.
Terry
Terry

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 08:38:32 PM »

Dave:

I can relate to the "really wild dreams" due to a prescription med that I have to take regularly. I sometimes skip a dose in order to have a better nights' rest.

Dean

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:10:48 PM »

Dave:

I can relate to the "really wild dreams" due to a prescription med that I have to take regularly. I sometimes skip a dose in order to have a better nights' rest.

Dean

Would that happen to be propranolol? :D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »

No to Propranolol   :D

microlink

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »

I am praying for you Dave.
I recently had spinal fusion surgery for spinal stenosis and am in rehab, for over a month. That period of time has given me time to reflect on my spiritual condition and my past. It has led me to more deeply recognizing my total reliance on God for ALL.
Joe

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 01:11:48 AM »

No to Propranolol   :D

Tarter sauce! Is it a blood pressure medication though? Was I in the right vicinity? lol
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

Hey Dave,

I'm having awkward stomach issues as of late, abdominal to be exact, and last night I was up a large majority trying to pass gas and feeling bloated. I'm not quiet sure what the cause is or if its something more serious. My doctor told me it was IBS  (i've experienced no vomiting, diarrhea, bloody stool or serious constipation as yet...) and that I should try these anti gas pills he prescribed. I've been so busy that for the last month I haven't gotten around to picking them up form the pharmacy and trying them. I'm going to Lord willing sometime this week but I definitely thought of your trials last night as I lay there in my own struggle. I had class this morning and a standardized patient encounter which made my struggle last night so much the worse. My alarm went off at seven for school and I could hardly get out of bed since I Had only a few hours earlier finally fallen asleep due to sheer exhaustion. Last night I had salad and it may be that my body is simply intolerant to that amount of fiber right now and is producing a lot of gas as the bacteria in my colon go wild on this new bonanza of sugar. Today I stuck to pasta that my fiance had made several nights ago and for dinner I had a hoagie. I've prayed that this night go better but who knows what the Lord has planned. This whole day I've been okay but I can tell that there is some gas from lunch trapped in there even though all I ate was the pasta. Its minimal but enough for me to feel discomfort until tonight. Will see if dinner makes it even worse or if things will subside. All I know is I need to get around to trying the anti gas pill my doctor prescribed. Lord willing this is all just a matter of some IBS with intolerance to fiber.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:49:59 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

DEJI

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 03:00:37 AM »

Hi Alex
How are things with your gut these days

lostANDfound

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »

I doubt you'll learn this in med school but it sounds like you need to eat some dirt!  Probiotic soil based organisms are the Chuck Norris of beneficial bacteria, and then there's Bentonite Clay and Diatomaceous Earth which will adsorb toxins, even metals, and not the minerals you need.  And they are all lovingly provided by God in nature, as opposed to Big Pharma.  Plus they get to the root of the problem rather than just making the symptoms more manageable.  Hope this helps and you find some relief soon!
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »

Hi Alex
How are things with your gut these days

Hello Deji,

Thanks for asking about me. My gut has calmed though it acts up every now and then. It calmed a bit only for me to break out over my forarms, wristes and ankles in what appears to be two seperate skin conditions. A rash and some papules. The papules itched at first around my ankles and wrist but that subsided and now they remain. The rash on my forarms have been there now going on 3 months and they showed up around the time my bowels started to calm down. Before my bowel issues, around the time of august last year to december, I was having very often and bad heart palpitations. They were frightening as I thought I would soon suffer a heart attack. Those calmed and then the bowel problems started which you know of here. The doctors at my school can't make heads or tails of my skin condition but i did tell two of them about everything that's been happening and they think the stress of medical school is wreaking havoc on my body. It is very stressful but I am mentally and spiritually okay, hanging in there as they say. I trust God. What stresses me out the most is my disobedience to God, the inability to always do good and right. THAT more so then medschool so I don't know what is going on with me. I wonder sometimes if the Lord will send me to an early grave >.> I pray not for my the sake of my soon to be wife and our daughter.

I finish this first year June 17th. We've been going prettty much nonstop since last year of august 1st. Its like groundhog day here where the day is the day of your hardest final exam in the hardest class you took. Its my experience of evil I must endure by His wisdom and it is certainly a very humbling experience. All life is grass but the Word's of the Lord endure through the ages.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

DEJI

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »

Hello Alex
You have quite a lot on your plate but we can be confident of the fact that you (we) are not alone. I'll pm you. @ lostandfound, do you really mean you want Alex to "eat dust"  ;D?

lostANDfound

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »

Haha!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 11:13:21 PM »

I doubt you'll learn this in med school but it sounds like you need to eat some dirt!  Probiotic soil based organisms are the Chuck Norris of beneficial bacteria, and then there's Bentonite Clay and Diatomaceous Earth which will adsorb toxins, even metals, and not the minerals you need.  And they are all lovingly provided by God in nature, as opposed to Big Pharma.  Plus they get to the root of the problem rather than just making the symptoms more manageable.  Hope this helps and you find some relief soon!
Hello Lost,

We learn a lot about the gut including the complex interplay between our immune system and non pathogenic microbes, those probiotics. It is a delicate balance and sometimes that balance is broken for numerous and diverse reasons. They don't teach us to eat dirt, or dust ;), but its been taught and known that certain products such as yogurts contain good bacteria, probiotecs, which can help restore that balance that may cause disease. But it is important to know there are many abdominal diseases involving our bowels which have nothing to do with what we eat or an floral imbalance but rather genetic in nature either due to inheritance or mutation acquired in life. Most are congenital that don't show up ūntil later in life!

I thank you though for sharing that bit of information with me. I'm not quiet there yet and Lord willing my bowel iasues will just be a bad memory from medical school when its all over and done with.

God bless,
Alex

lostANDfound

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 12:47:51 AM »

I say this with love and with a strong desire to be honest and fair and edifying.  I imagine med school would be a real pressure cooker for almost anyone, but especially anyone learning the truths that are being revealed to you through the bible, Ray, the forum, etc.  Just please keep in mind that it was an old roofer who led you to many of the spiritual pearls you now treasure.  And now that you brought this topic to all of our attention, maybe God chose for a mere stay at home mom to present you with a little gift that you are quick to dismiss as it doesn't come from a Learned Professional, despite those professionals you consulted being admittedly stumped. Diatomaceous Earth and Bentonite Clay clear mercury, aluminum, etc. which all of us are exposed to frequently, and which our bodies don't easily remove as you probably know. Both forms of 'dirt' also help with parasites and candida as well, and it sounds like you might not have explored the possibility of those issues.  The symptoms of heavy metal toxicity are often explained away by doctors as IBS, Fibromyalgia, etc.  I'll be the first to admit I might be wrong about this, and it's true that I am no professional, but I think your future patients will have a better doctor if you actively question the 'truths' you are expected to blindly consume, just as at church you were once expected to blindly consume their truths. I enjoy and respect your perspective but I have been wondering how you will handle the "God Complex" of your superiors in med school and avoid developing one yourself.  I have been debating with myself whether I should post this reply here or privately, but I keep feeling that someone else might need to read this too.  With sisterly respect, concern and affection, Vicki.  PS.  I'm praying for your spiritual and physical health and protection now, and for the intense years ahead of you.

lauriellen

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 12:36:05 AM »

Alex, I hate to say, but your symptoms sound almost identical to the way my son's started out 2 years ago. He had an unexplained rash, tightness and pain around the chest, terrible bloating, difficulty breathing, terrible digestive issues...just a bunch of random, seemingly unrelated symptoms.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.