bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rev 6:6  (Read 3580 times)

daywalker

Rev 6:6
« on: December 06, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

Hey everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your holiday seasons with your families.

So, in studying Revelation, I am trying to find the Old Testament passage that says nearly the same thing as this verse below. I've read it before but can't recall where. Have been searching eSword, online and Ray's teachings (as I am sure he mentioned it somewhere). I figure if anyone knows the answer, it's someone here at BT :)

Here's the verse:

Rev 6:6

CLV: And I hear as it were a voice in the midst of the four animals saying, "A choenix of wheat a denarius, and three choenix of barley a denarius, and the oil and the wine you should not be injuring!"

EWB: I heard a voice among the four living beings. It said, "Four cups of wheat for bread will sell for a days wages. Twelve cups of barley will sell for a days wages. But do not destroy the oil and the wine."

Thank you in advance! Let the treasure hunt begin ;)

Daywalker!

Kat

Re: Rev 6:6
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »

Hi daywalker, I have looked a couple of times, and all I can find in relation the this verse is where Ray spoke of the "seals" in Revelation 6.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.msg29184.html#msg29184 --------

John was so sad when they were going to open the seals of this book. Why was he so sad? Why would John be so sad about that?

Revelation 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
v. 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
v. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Why would he cry? What’s so important about these seals that John would weep like a child? Because he just wrote, you’ve got to keep what’s in there! Now we can’t even open them.  That’s a catch-22, I’ve got to do what it says, but I don’t know what it says! Who can open this up? The Son of God, He can. This is His testimony, He knows how to open it. So He opens up the seven seals... then there’s seven trumpets... then there’s seven plagues.
v

Then we come to the seals.
We got the white horse conquering, we’ve got the red horse, the second seal, sword killing. The third horse, black, famine. The fourth horse kills a fourth of the earth. The fifth seal, saints are killed. The sixth seal, men fearing from the wrath of God. The seventh seal, fire falls onto the earth. Then we get the trumpets. The first one, a third of the trees and grass dies. The second, a third of the seas and ships are destroyed. The third, a third of the rivers and fountains and stuff are polluted. The fourth one, the sun and the moon and the stars don’t give their light. The fifth, the scorpions torturing and hurting mankind. The sixth, a third part of men are slain. The seventh seal, Christ returns.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rev 6:5  When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see." So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.
v. 6  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine."

What I'm thinking about Revelation 6 with all the seals, is speaking about what is happening in this age in general. So when you come to verse 5-6, this is also speaking of this age, where a rationing of grain/food for "a denarius" - meaning a daily wage (Matt 20:2), so that the poor only manage a hand-to-mouth existence or from paycheck to paycheck.

Yet we see it also says "do not harm the oil and the wine," these are more costly luxuries, so the rich will continue to live lavishly. It's that old catchphrase 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'... at least that's what I'm thinking about this.

Amos 6:1  "Woe to those who are at ease in Zion, and to those who feel secure on the mountain of Samaria, the notable men of the first of the nations, to whom the house of Israel comes!

Amos 6:4  "Woe to those who lie on beds of ivory and stretch themselves out on their couches, and eat lambs from the flock and calves from the midst of the stall,
v. 5  who sing idle songs to the sound of the harp and like David invent for themselves instruments of music,
v. 6  who drink wine in bowls and anoint themselves with the finest oils, but are not grieved over the ruin of Joseph!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Rev 6:6
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »

Psalms 104 may be of help, especially verses 14 and 15.

14-He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15-And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.