bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for health  (Read 3981 times)

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer for health
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:49:24 AM »

Dear Brethren:

For the last 24 hours, I have been battling major gastrointestinal upset that involves frequent bowel movements. I have Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but I have never gone through this type of upset in the past. I have gone through 8 Imodium's, but it hasn't had much effect.

Thank you for any prayers. God Bless.

Dean

virginiabm

Re: Prayer for health
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:54:50 AM »

Praying for you Dean.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »

Praying dean!!

Keep us update if you can!

Love you brother.
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

Thank you Virginia and Alex and everyone else for your prayers. A few hours after my post, my GI tract settled down, for the most part, and I haven't had to take anymore of those particular pills, nor visit the doctor or hospital. I think I am up against some type of gastro virus as I have a slight fever, but nothing major. I'm going to keep taking Tylenol's and B-12's and Lord willing, that will be enough. The Lord is salting us all with His fire, yes? With me, He is working on manifesting The Fruit Of The Spirit through this situation, instead of my usual response in the past which would always be anxiety.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)

God Bless You All.  :)

Dean

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »

Thank you Virginia and Alex and everyone else for your prayers. A few hours after my post, my GI tract settled down, for the most part, and I haven't had to take anymore of those particular pills, nor visit the doctor or hospital. I think I am up against some type of gastro virus as I have a slight fever, but nothing major. I'm going to keep taking Tylenol's and B-12's and Lord willing, that will be enough. The Lord is salting us all with His fire, yes? With me, He is working on manifesting The Fruit Of The Spirit through this situation, instead of my usual response in the past which would always be anxiety.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)

God Bless You All.  :)

Dean

Great to hear Dean. Always in my prayers even when you don't ask! Is the B12 for a deficiency?

Fevers tend to be indicative of an infection so if your temperature is elevated it could be a viral or bacterial infection. Apparently chipotle meat is tainted at the moment with a type of gastric virus. Can't remember its name. Stay away from there if you like to visit. I tend to enjoy eating there but staying away for now.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:55:32 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »

Alex:

Thank you for your prayers. I reciprocate. I had the last 2 feet of small intestine removed, due to bleeding from my Crohn's, via a small bowel resection in 2002, and as a result, I need to take a B-12 supplement. I use a sublingual version so I can skip the once a month injection. When I developed IBS in 2010, I had to switch to a special low residue diet, and haven't been to a restaurant in 5 years. I miss going out to eat, but this diet has also had a positive effect on my Crohn's Disease, Praise the Lord.

God Bless.

Dean

rickylittleton

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »

My wife has suffered from this crone's for about 20 years, and just this fall season, she has been the sickest she has ever been before. I can understand what you are going through. You are in my prayers! Tim

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »

Tim:

Thank you. I was diagnosed with it 32 years ago. I will pray for your wife, that this disease will go into remission. I hope she feels better soon.

Dean

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 02:59:31 AM »

dear tim (and wife) and dean, i also am hoping that our Lord will be merciful to you both with regards to the crohn's disease and the ibs.  i am sorry that you have to experience such chronic, physical suffering.  an experience of evil is something we just can't avoid.  any of us.  and, as hard as it is to say most of the time, i am thankful that God has made it so.  because He has caused us to understand that this is how He humbles us.  and that is something we each share also.  this humbling experience.  we are the children of the Awesome and Faithful Father. 

claudia

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 08:04:15 PM »

Claudia:

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It is interesting to see a little bit of how the Lord works His will in our problems. I am thankful that He has opened our eyes to see some of His ways at work, so that we are no longer ignorant of this necessary knowledge of good and evil. And... I do hope his return to Earth will happen soon as well.    ;)

Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.