bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Shall He find faith?  (Read 15185 times)

Nelson Boils

Shall He find faith?
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »

Yes how true are the words of our Lord:  "MANY are called but FEW are chosen."  "When the Son of man comes, shall He find FAITH on the earth?" (Luke 18:08).   Shall He find faith??   Are you kidding me, He will find TWO BILLION PLUS believers filled with faith, won't He?   I speak as a fool.

"FEW"--"NO FAITH"--"DEPART FROM ME YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS."  That's what will be when our Lord returns. There are SIX BILLION people on this earth.  Just ONE percent (as you suggest) would be SIXTY MILLION.  Do you believe in your wildest DREAMS that there will be SIXTY MILLION faith-filled followers of Jesus Christ when he returns?  Let's try one percent OF one percent, that's SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND.  Do you really believe that ther are SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND spirit-filled, obedient, godly, overcoming, righteous followers of Jesus Christ on this earth somewhere today?  I wish to God I knew where there were just a hundred such believers and followers of Jesus Christ!"-L.Ray Smith

I am starting to see that this road is really going to be a lonely one.Really is true that God has called a few.Imagine:out of 8+ billion people on this earth,we are chosen to understand some of the mysteries of God.

I tend to meet some christians and think,"I wonder what would that person think about these truths?" And,at times these Christians are so kind,and relatively good people.

So one other christian I met and he was a cool guy.We talked about God and as usual, he was just speaking heresy,but I didn't argue with him.After an encounter with him,he started trying to teach me,sharing some stuff which were unscriptural.Then I told him one day,"go to this website and read and perhaps you may learn something"

He comes back to me and says,"hey Nels,you must stay away from that website,it is illuminati!"

I don't even know where he got that,that bible-truths is illuminati.

Got me thinking that,really is a FEW people who as called to believe these truths.

Ray speaks about "Six hundred thousand,"I can't even find One person who believes these truths within my circle of people I know.

There way there are so many Christians out there,it is so difficult to not even talk about God.Eventually the holy spirit in you speaks the truth and next thing you are labelled.

Ever found yourself having a good friend,you go out together,but as soon as the topic of God comes,the sword gets to work and starts separating ye?

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Shall He find faith?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »

God doesn't change. He doesn't rely on great numbers of followers.
We are only vessels in His hands, it is God's great work that shall be done.
See Judges 7: 2-9

2 The Lord said to Gideon, “The people who are with you are too many for Me to give Midian into their hands, for Israel would become boastful, saying, ‘My own power has delivered me.’ 3 Now therefore come, proclaim in the hearing of the people, saying, ‘Whoever is afraid and trembling, let him return and depart from Mount Gilead.’” So 22,000 people returned, but 10,000 remained.

4 Then the Lord said to Gideon, “The people are still too many; bring them down to the water and I will test them for you there. Therefore it shall be that he of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall go with you,’ he shall go with you; but everyone of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ he shall not go.” 5 So he brought the people down to the water. And the Lord said to Gideon, “You shall separate everyone who laps the water with his tongue as a dog laps, as well as everyone who kneels to drink.” 6 Now the number of those who lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, was 300 men; but all the rest of the people kneeled to drink water. 7 The Lord said to Gideon, “I will deliver you with the 300 men who lapped and will give the Midianites into your hands; so let all the other people go, each man to his home.” 8 So the 300 men took the people’s provisions and their trumpets into their hands. And Gideon sent all the other men of Israel, each to his tent, but retained the 300 men; and the camp of Midian was below him in the valley.

Yes how true are the words of our Lord:  "MANY are called but FEW are chosen."  "When the Son of man comes, shall He find FAITH on the earth?" (Luke 18:08).   Shall He find faith??   Are you kidding me, He will find TWO BILLION PLUS believers filled with faith, won't He?   I speak as a fool.

"FEW"--"NO FAITH"--"DEPART FROM ME YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS."  That's what will be when our Lord returns. There are SIX BILLION people on this earth.  Just ONE percent (as you suggest) would be SIXTY MILLION.  Do you believe in your wildest DREAMS that there will be SIXTY MILLION faith-filled followers of Jesus Christ when he returns?  Let's try one percent OF one percent, that's SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND.  Do you really believe that ther are SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND spirit-filled, obedient, godly, overcoming, righteous followers of Jesus Christ on this earth somewhere today?  I wish to God I knew where there were just a hundred such believers and followers of Jesus Christ!"-L.Ray Smith

I am starting to see that this road is really going to be a lonely one.Really is true that God has called a few.Imagine:out of 8+ billion people on this earth,we are chosen to understand some of the mysteries of God.

I tend to meet some christians and think,"I wonder what would that person think about these truths?" And,at times these Christians are so kind,and relatively good people.

So one other christian I met and he was a cool guy.We talked about God and as usual, he was just speaking heresy,but I didn't argue with him.After an encounter with him,he started trying to teach me,sharing some stuff which were unscriptural.Then I told him one day,"go to this website and read and perhaps you may learn something"

He comes back to me and says,"hey Nels,you must stay away from that website,it is illuminati!"

I don't even know where he got that,that bible-truths is illuminati.

Got me thinking that,really is a FEW people who as called to believe these truths.

Ray speaks about "Six hundred thousand,"I can't even find One person who believes these truths within my circle of people I know.

There way there are so many Christians out there,it is so difficult to not even talk about God.Eventually the holy spirit in you speaks the truth and next thing you are labelled.

Ever found yourself having a good friend,you go out together,but as soon as the topic of God comes,the sword gets to work and starts separating ye?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »

Isn't it interesting that the gentiles were typified like dogs in the new testament? Yet these are whom the Lord chose of Gideon's men.

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

In Mark's account we found out she is a gentile woman.

Mark 7:26-30
26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

There are other references to dog's including the 'don't cast your pearls before them' but I thought this was an interesting way for God to make His selection of chosen.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »

And "the few" are even fewer than that. There are people who used to be enthusiastic members of this forum who now are either uninterested, or think Ray is a heretic.  ::)

A lot of people read Ray's writings and like some things they read (no tithing, no hell), but they like them for the wrong reasons: it saves them money, or they can go spit in their pastor's face, or they can continue fornicating without fearing going to hell, or whatever. I've told a few people about the salvation of all, and they seemed very open to it. They liked it, but I quickly realized they liked it because it sounded nice. For them, it was comforting to know that people won't suffer for eternity; but they had no interest in taking up the cross and living the life of an overcomer.

For me, understanding the salvation of all was the best part of coming to Bible Truths--because as Ray once said "What's more important than that?" But as I read more of Ray's writings, and with help from the moderators and some of the older, wiser ones here, I realized there's a whole lot more to it than that. Universal salvation is marvelous, beautiful, and incomprehensibly grander than we can imagine, but simply believing it doesn't do anything to qualify me for the Kingdom. The resurrection of the dead and judgment eonian are "rudiments" of the word (Heb. 6:1) , and this forum is a great place to fellowship with others who strive to move on to maturity.

P.S. I know things like "no tithing" aren't the "mysteries of God"...but I thought it pertinent to the discussion to mention that of the millions of people who visit the site, only some like what they read, and only a few of those want to live what they read.

Wittenberg

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »

I view my walk with God as a blessing and an honor. The work God has given me is not based on anything inheritly good in me, only His will. People that don't believe His promises or that are in it to satisfy their flesh are missing out on a truly great life. They will someday inherit this life, but are denied it for now. The ones living in fear or sin are slaves, I can not disparage them. I feel called to love them and bless them as the Lord provides opportunity.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 11:28:59 AM »

I think we see the distinction from the few and the many in the parable of the 10 virgins. We understand that the church does indeed believe in Christ and His return and therefore they too are waiting for Him, but there is a notable difference that the parable brings out.

Mat 25:1  "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the Bridegroom.
v. 2  Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
v. 3  Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
v. 4  but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
v. 5  But while the Bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

So "all" of them (both few and many) down through the centuries are now 'sleeping' in their grave awaiting the resurrection. I believe the "oil" is the Holy Spirit which is only given to the few chosen, though the many believe in Christ they lack this fundamental part and therefore their lamps are empty.

1John 2:27  But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Mat 25:6  "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet Him!'
v. 7  Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.

Mat 25:32  All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
v. 33  And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mat 25:8  And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
v. 9  But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
v. 10  And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

Luke 13:24  "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
v. 25  When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'

Mat 25:11  "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
v. 12  But He answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

Mat 7:22  Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
v. 23  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
v. 24  "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

Mat 22:11  "But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
v. 12  So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
v. 13  Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
v. 14  "For many are called, but few are chosen."

The Holy Spirit is a gift from God to those He is drawing to Him, it is what changes us into a "new creation," as we are being prepared for Christ's return.

2Cor 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

A part of being prepared is our seeking and striving through pray, study and meditation... if we do not 'feed' the Spirit will it grow? Another thing is we should strive to learn from the Spirits prompting, if we resist what it is teaching us, we may grieve or even quench the Spirit within us... all according to the will of God of course.

1Th 5:19  Do not quench (Strong's - extinguish) the Spirit.

Eph 4:29  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
v. 30  And do not grieve (Strong's - distress) the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
v. 31  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
v. 32  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

I just thought the parable of the Ten Virgins could apply to the subject and give further insight.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:59:30 PM by Kat »

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »

Hello Kat,
This message is most important for those who are being called; especially me.
It is very tempting to point out the faults of others as I have in the past done on other forums about our political leaders.
I can't change them and I should pray for them as fervently as I do for my loved ones.
I'm going to work on that God willing.
Thanks for the admonition and counsel.
Indiana Bob

lauriellen

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:45:21 PM »

I just wanted to add an observation that I have....it seems here on this forum that being one of the few chosen is equated to those who have been given to understand more of the truths of God than the rest of Christendom.....and yet we have these verses:
1Co 13:1  I may be able to speak the languages of human beings and even of angels, but if I have no love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell.
1Co 13:2  I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains---but if I have no love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  I may give away everything I have, and even give up my body to be burned ---but if I have no love, this does me no good.

I sometimes meditate on my life and wonder if I am living a life that puts LOVE #1 in importance as God seems to be doing in these scriptures. Sometimes I fret and become discouraged because I seem to have trouble understanding many of the DEEP things of God, and I think that I surely must be disqualified for my lack of understanding. I struggle with having a lack faith every day. I want to understand the language of God, I would love to understand all the mysteries and have unshakable faith, but is this what really defines us as one of the few elect? Speaking for myself, when I compare my pitiful acts of charity/love to so many others (who know nothing of God's 'truth'), I am truly ashamed. I see so many selfless acts of love by so many people 'out in the world', and I think that surely THEY must be Gods elect. I recently read the account of a man who selflessly shielded his co-worker during the recent terrorist attack. He laid his body over hers, and held her tightly under him. She said that she would never forget him whispering to her, "I've got you" just before he died. Gods word says Joh_15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  There is no amount of faith or knowledge that compares to the LOVE that this man displayed for his co-worker. Should we not esteem this man as one of God's elect? I just wonder about these things.
lauriellen

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 11:53:11 PM »

Laurie, God chooses.  We don't.  And if we do, we 'judge before its time'.

But I want to add this much.  Some people think of 'the elect' as the 'fortunate ones' with all the rest of the church and the world to suffer some terrible 'judgement' that is short of eternity in 'hell'.  But that's not what I see in Scripture or in what Ray taught in the Lake of Fire series.  EVERY PERSON is raised from the dead, and EVERY PERSON has their works judged, whether GOOD WORKS, or BAD WORKS, and receives the reward.  Whether or not this man is 'chosen by God' to judge the world (seen and unseen) is for the Lord to say.  Regardless, he did a 'good work', and one which those with love in their hearts can appreciate and yearn to follow.  He won't be without reward.  There is no 'bad news' in the 'good news' in the end.  The ones who will have the hardest time are the ones who think there ought to be.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lauriellen

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 12:36:54 AM »

Thank you for that, Dave.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 12:40:58 AM »

Well said Dave  :)

Wittenberg

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 01:20:52 AM »

Dave's words are beautiful.

I also want to add my thougnts: I too think of my faith and wonder "why me". Why did God bless me to know Him and His plan. I also know that those who are made to be vessels of wrath on the potters wheel are the ones that truly suffer for the sake of heaven. When I need Him, I know to talk to Him and can trust in Him. Most of humanity died alone and scared maybe expecting an eternity of hell. They had brutal, empty lives with no hope. They are the body of Christ and paid the bigger price than me. I am honored to be servants to them here.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 03:46:02 AM »

The world does a lot of good works.Watch TV and you will see it.But we know from scripture that good works alone,will not get you into the kingdom.
---------------------------------------------------

So I have this conversation with a christian friend of mine,at work,and I ask him:"What is forever?"He replies,"a long time." Then I ask him,"what is a forever and ever?"He says,"A very very long time." I couldn't help but giggle😂

I am really in the midst of locusts,they want to eat every green leaf God has blessed me with.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »

I just wanted to add an observation that I have....it seems here on this forum that being one of the few chosen is equated to those who have been given to understand more of the truths of God than the rest of Christendom.....and yet we have these verses:
1Co 13:1  I may be able to speak the languages of human beings and even of angels, but if I have no love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell.
1Co 13:2  I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains---but if I have no love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  I may give away everything I have, and even give up my body to be burned ---but if I have no love, this does me no good.

Lauriellen, where do the few chosen get their understanding? Yes it comes from Scripture... well that's where the church quote from all day long, so what's the difference? As far as that matters what about the patriarchs and prophets, they had the OT given and they were faithful to God. So what is the determining factor?

It's Jesus Christ! After He ascended into heaven it is His Spirit. That is the only way to have spiritual understanding, is His Spirit indwelling, it came to the Apostle and believers at Pentecost and has come in every chosen believer since. That is the key determining factor of understanding truth, Christ must give it to you.

John 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Spirit leads into truth, and Christ has provided us with many of His own words and those of the Apostles to give us guidance. Ray's articles were replete with the Scripture, and most importantly he showed us how to use it, using multiple witnesses to establish a truth and understanding translation errors. So we here on the forum certainly want to use Scripture as a base for our understanding and where we find unity. Our opinions or just that 'our' opinion, but it does help in our discussions.

John 6:62  What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
v. 63  It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

1John 5:19  We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
v. 20  And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal (eonian) life.

Though the chosen are the "base things" the "nothings" of this world "that no flesh should glory in His presence," (1Cor 1), but when the Spirit comes indwelling, then they are one of Christ's sheep and He will keep His own and teach them how to come out of the world and bear His fruit, "the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth" (Eph 5:9).

John 15:14  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
v. 15  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
v. 16  You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
v. 17  These things I command you, that you love one another.

Eph 2:18  For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
v. 19  Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
v. 20  having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
v. 21  in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
v. 22  in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

I see so many selfless acts of love by so many people 'out in the world', and I think that surely THEY must be Gods elect. I recently read the account of a man who selflessly shielded his co-worker during the recent terrorist attack. He laid his body over hers, and held her tightly under him. She said that she would never forget him whispering to her, "I've got you" just before he died. Gods word says Joh_15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  There is no amount of faith or knowledge that compares to the LOVE that this man displayed for his co-worker. Should we not esteem this man as one of God's elect? I just wonder about these things.

Well what about all the good works of the church or that anybody in the world does, that must count for something and it does. A person is building a character in this life whether good or bad, when Christ returns and judgment comes they must give account and every good character trait is to their advantage then.

1Cor 3:12  Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
v. 13  each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
v. 14  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
v. 15  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

It is good to come up in the resurrection of the dead with good deeds to your account, God will certainly recognize the good in people. We can suppose that there will be many people come up in the resurrection that are 'good' (as far as human standards go) people, think of the patriarchs and prophets... there is a Scripture about them in the next age.

Mat 8:11  And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

That does not seem like such a bad place to be when Christ's kingdom is set up on earth. The world will then be transformed and it will be a good place for those who have served and obey Him. Crime and corruption will not be the order of the day anymore, Christ's righteousness will be.

Rev 21:1  Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
v. 2  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
v. 3  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
v. 4  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:00:37 PM by Kat »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 03:50:36 PM »

Good works deceive the Many.

Every religious person I know, will always tell you how good they are and what good works they do.
They deceive the simple minded.

The Scriptures say we are not saved by works.

We are not even saved by faith.

God teaches us by the Scriptures that we are saved by grace, that is unmerited favor from God.

Jesus said, "There is no one good but GOD."

Good works are of no value unless they come from God.

Terry

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 05:08:51 PM »

I'm wondering lately if I'm not confused, so I was in the church even taught adult sunday school such as it was, I mean talking about being blind I still can't believe it, then as I see it now God called me out of all church teaching none of it seemed right anymore, and lead me here, and through Ray's teaching inspired by God my eyes were opened, it took a bit but praise the Lord I've never been the same, I love this new wine, there's nothing from the past that I want anymore I want more of him, but for me it comes slow, I can't help it if I could change my self I would,so my question is,i feel God called me out of the church {this worlds religious teaching}and I see and understand spiritual things to a degree, so is it wrong to think God called me out I don't see how I could be missing it that much ,i'm not talking about being the elect,i can't manage my own life let alone others affairs, the thing is I never look back theres nothing there for me anymore, so isn't it possible to know we have been called out or are we to just hope, like I said I'm confused.

Terry
Terry

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »

We are saved THROUGH faith, which is also a gift of God.  Faith without works is dead.  Works without love are worthless.  "Good works" done by folks for the praise of men receive their own reward--carnal and temporary.  "We" have a higher calling...to do good, without ostentation, in the right way and with the right motives. 

It's not 'good works' which deceive the many.  It is "many marvelous works done in His name".
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rosewhite

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

If we accept that 'to break one of the commandments in the smallest degree is to break them all' then I have to say there really are very few True Christians about these days - and if I try to speak about a Bible truth it is obvious that I am in a minority as the vast majority have incorporated all sorts of Satanic nonsense into their Christian beliefs - including evolution and denial of The Flood!

So yes, when the bombs of Armageddon start flying I am sure Jesus and his angels will only have to rapture off to safety a very small percentage of the population.
And if 1 Corinthians 6:9 is true then the death toll during Armageddon really could reach almost 7 billion.
Similarly from the mass of gigantic ante-diluvian ruins now discovered around the world I think the Flood's death toll could have beee in the billions.

On a positive note I think that when Earth is cleansed and restored it will support a population of perhaps 25billion with all having all the food, clean water and space they desire.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »

I'm wondering lately if I'm not confused, so I was in the church even taught adult sunday school such as it was, I mean talking about being blind I still can't believe it, then as I see it now God called me out of all church teaching none of it seemed right anymore, and lead me here, and through Ray's teaching inspired by God my eyes were opened, it took a bit but praise the Lord I've never been the same, I love this new wine, there's nothing from the past that I want anymore I want more of him, but for me it comes slow, I can't help it if I could change my self I would,so my question is,i feel God called me out of the church {this worlds religious teaching}and I see and understand spiritual things to a degree, so is it wrong to think God called me out I don't see how I could be missing it that much ,i'm not talking about being the elect,i can't manage my own life let alone others affairs, the thing is I never look back theres nothing there for me anymore, so isn't it possible to know we have been called out or are we to just hope, like I said I'm confused.

Terry

Hi Terry,

We can know if we are called and chosen, saints converted by God through the down payment of His Spirit as the promise of the future redemption to come. What we can't know....yet, is if we are the elect--Called, chosen, AND faithful. God knows who the elect are though and in the end all will be saved. Since we are blessed with knowing, let us run the race that we may attain the prize.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 07:12:42 PM »

Terry

Hi Terry, as Alex pointed out there is a long way to go, like running a race, from when our eyes are opened until we finish the race. Christ gave a parable that shows some of the things that come about in the life of a person that causes them to wander away.

Luke 8:4  And when a great multitude had gathered, and they had come to Him from every city, He spoke by a parable:
v. 5  "A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trampled down, and the birds of the air devoured it. 
v. 6  Some fell on rock; and as soon as it sprang up, it withered away because it lacked moisture.
v. 7  And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up with it and choked it.
v. 8  But others fell on good ground, sprang up, and yielded a crop a hundredfold." When He had said these things He cried, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
v. 9  Then His disciples asked Him, saying, "What does this parable mean?"
v. 10  And He said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that 'SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.'
v. 11  "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
v. 12  Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
v. 13  But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
v. 14  Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
v. 15  But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

These teaching are reflected in a Bible study 'CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?'
                [Is “once saved always saved” - Scripturally true or false?]
                   [And what does it matter? Are not all saved ‘anyway’?]
               http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:55:47 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.