bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An encouraging word about God's provision  (Read 4269 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
An encouraging word about God's provision
« on: December 17, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »

I know some of us struggle from time to time with finances. It's natural for us to daydream about being in a better financial situation. I spend more time than I should thinking about that--not necessarily getting rich (I don't want that), but about getting out of debt, and being "comfortable." But it's a good lesson for me in patience and humility. Here's a great email from Ray on the topic:

Dear Lyn:
    The reason that you are not "getting ahead" as you state is that God does not want you to get ahead at this time.  This is for your own growth.  Why do I have a plethora of health problems and diseases?  I eat basically quality food (as natural as is practical).  I do not overeat.  I drink gallons of only deep rock water with a PH of 8.1.  I eat a half dozen servings of fresh fruit daily.  I get a pretty good night's sleep. I get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. I take a bunch of natural vitamins and supplements, etc.  Answer:  God does not WANT me to be in perfect youthful health at this time.  It keeps me humble.  I am able to function with some difficulty, but that's all that is necessary for the time being.

I too struggled with finances most of my life, but then when we started bible-truths.com, God blessed me very quickly with sufficient money to support my family and devote many hours a day to our site.  I am now virtually retired from outside employment.  Faith, hope, and patience would be no virtues at all if most people had their own way with their lives.  They would all be so rich, healthy, and happy, that they would have no virtues, little character, and NO TIME for God. When you become consciously aware that your very next breath is totally dependant on God, you will begin to be humble and appreciate what you already have.  Life is hard.  Trust God--He will see you through.
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1177.0.html

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: An encouraging word about God's provision
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »

Have found that too as God wants you for something He puts the resources in place for that. It's encouraging the line God does not want you ahead at this time, we all experience in this but in understanding this we get through. Learning to trust God in the difficult times is still a big challenge for me but I see more clearly each day that it is a necessary one.

I see more in this verse than just money

Proverbs 13:11  Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

True riches take time and hardship to develop in your life. Most people don't want to wait for the little by little they want it all now but it won't work.

Rhys
🤫

dave

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 05:09:42 PM »

I rest quite a lot in this verse....2Co 12:9 And He has protested to me, "Sufficient for you is My grace, for My power in infirmity is being perfected.With the greatest relish, then, will I rather be glorying in my infirmities, that the power of Christ should be tabernacling over me. "

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »

Always in looking back. The more time goes by the more I realize He has never failed me, through all the trials and failures, and it gives me courage and faith in the face of adversity. Like John, I look back only to see my God.

2 Corinthians 4:6-18
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we possess this treasure in a frail vessel of earth, to show that the transcending power belongs to God, not to ourselves;
8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a transcendently transcendent and eonian weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eonian.

Romans 8:28-39
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 11:15:59 PM »

I know some of us struggle from time to time with finances. It's natural for us to daydream about being in a better financial situation. I spend more time than I should thinking about that--not necessarily getting rich (I don't want that), but about getting out of debt, and being "comfortable." But it's a good lesson for me in patience and humility. Here's a great email from Ray on the topic:

Dear Lyn:
    The reason that you are not "getting ahead" as you state is that God does not want you to get ahead at this time.  This is for your own growth.  Why do I have a plethora of health problems and diseases?  I eat basically quality food (as natural as is practical).  I do not overeat.  I drink gallons of only deep rock water with a PH of 8.1.  I eat a half dozen servings of fresh fruit daily.  I get a pretty good night's sleep. I get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. I take a bunch of natural vitamins and supplements, etc.  Answer:  God does not WANT me to be in perfect youthful health at this time.  It keeps me humble.  I am able to function with some difficulty, but that's all that is necessary for the time being.

I too struggled with finances most of my life, but then when we started bible-truths.com, God blessed me very quickly with sufficient money to support my family and devote many hours a day to our site.  I am now virtually retired from outside employment.  Faith, hope, and patience would be no virtues at all if most people had their own way with their lives.  They would all be so rich, healthy, and happy, that they would have no virtues, little character, and NO TIME for God. When you become consciously aware that your very next breath is totally dependant on God, you will begin to be humble and appreciate what you already have.  Life is hard.  Trust God--He will see you through.
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1177.0.html

I think this can apply in every area of life where we don't "see" the blessing. I don't have a lot of money but I also don't think about it much, therein is Gods blessing, however, I do think about emotional turmoil many dozens of times a day. My thoughts are "where is my God, why am I suffering, what's the purpose of my suffering, why is there no oasis for me to even rest for a moment, Holy God of mercy - Please give me peace!!!"

I "know why I have no peace" God doesn't want me to have peace. I can't imagine a "Christian" understanding this - they would say "stop sinning" - but we know better.

Fear is my battle.  Peace is my hope.  No answer is forthcoming, so I wait, I practice patience (poorly), I sin in my desperation.

I'm so glad that you created this post and included Ray's teaching.  It makes me feel a little less alone.

I pray for the things, for you, that you pray for. (I hope that makes sense ) :)

Our struggles are different, but the same, and with the same purpose.  Thank you for reminding me of this.

So many Scriptures speak about this.

Isaiah 17:11 (KJV) "In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: [but] the harvest [shall be] a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow."

Job 10:15 (KJV) "If I be wicked, woe unto me; and [if] I be righteous, [yet] will I not lift up my head. [I am] full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;"

Jeremiah 10:19 (KJV) "Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this [is] a grief, and I must bear it." (I believe this is referring to Christs suffering, but obviously all Scripture has this reference, and it's so good and beneficial to be reminded.)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:41:24 PM by Jeff »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.