bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray explains a forum rule with love.  (Read 7162 times)

rick

Ray explains a forum rule with love.
« on: December 27, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray explains a forum rule with love.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:04:07 AM »

Excellent summation, and one that is completely fair, in my opinion.

Go to virtually any comments section on a popular website (YouTube, Facebook, sports websites) and it won't take long to see how stupid people can get. I don't think this forum would go that low, but it would get messy in a hurry if we didn't have that no teaching rule.

People who think it's unfair (or think Ray is a cult leader) are foolish. There are many places on the internet to debate and argue and teach; we're even allowed to "teach" each other on here if desired--as long as it's via private message. It's really not asking that much to limit the discussions to what we've learned from Ray's teaching. :-X

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »

Years ago I realized I can get over most, if not all physical sins sooner or later. But getting over vanity/ego is very difficult.

Someone has one belief and another person a different belief. When mixed ego's can cause strife which destroys the peace on this forum.

Jas 3:16  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Extol

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »

Don’t be in any rush to become a teacher, my friends. Teaching is highly responsible work. Teachers are held to the strictest standards. And none of us is perfectly qualified. We get it wrong nearly every time we open our mouths. If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you’d have a perfect person, in perfect control of life.

A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!

James 3:1-5 (The MESSAGE)

Extol

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

Years ago I realized I can get over most, if not all physical sins sooner or later. But getting over vanity/ego is very difficult.

Someone has one belief and another person a different belief. When mixed ego's can cause strife which destroys the peace on this forum.

Jas 3:16  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

I've long thought that lust would be the hardest sin for me to overcome; but more recently I've been thinking pride (vanity/ego) will be more difficult still. Lust is pretty straightforward; pride is more subtle. There have been times when I've thought "I'm doing pretty good right now. I'm not lusting, I'm not angry, things are going well..." and all the while my thoughts were full of vanity. Lust comes and goes (though being young, it usually is coming rather than going); but the ego is always there, just itching to take over my thoughts and tell me why I'm better and smarter than everyone else.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »

I've long thought that lust would be the hardest sin for me to overcome; but more recently I've been thinking pride (vanity/ego) will be more difficult still. Lust is pretty straightforward; pride is more subtle. There have been times when I've thought "I'm doing pretty good right now. I'm not lusting, I'm not angry, things are going well..." and all the while my thoughts were full of vanity. Lust comes and goes (though being young, it usually is coming rather than going); but the ego is always there, just itching to take over my thoughts and tell me why I'm better and smarter than everyone else.

I can definitely relate Jesse! Haha. It is kind of scary how subtle ego and pride can be!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

DEJI

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:49 AM »

I second that Alex. I have been doing a lot of self examination lately and have realized how helpless I am. it's very comforting to know that God will save us all from pride, lust and vanity.

Porter

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 10:24:47 PM »

The thought of pride and vanity as one of my sins has been on my mind lately as well. But I couldn't completely comprehend it or see it which is weird thinking back on it now. Saw this thread the other day and it was like a light bulb went off in my head. So couldn't agree more that pride, lust and vanity are gonna be tough ones, but thankfully not impossible.

Good stuff guys.......
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 01:28:33 AM »

Friend Porter,

25 When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?" 26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Extol

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 01:55:00 AM »

Friend Porter,

25 When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?" 26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

I love that this famous verse is talking about getting saved. Most of the time I heard this quoted when I was in church, it would be about relatively small things--a friend saying "with God all things are possible" because he had an exam coming up, for instance.

Not that that's wrong to think that way, even about little things, but I never understood then that this was talking about salvation.

It's also interesting to note the disciples were astonished at how difficult it seemed to get saved...just like Ray said, it's a lot harder than saying an 11-second prayer.

Porter

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »

Friend Porter,

Exact verse I was thinking of when I said that indianabob. Good one.

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

rick

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

Hi Dennis,

I agree wirh you , ego hurts us all more than anything else it seems. Its the very thing we all need to die to , no doubt it take a life time and then mabe even more.

God bless.

dogcombat

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »

Remember EGO is not just a word.  It's an acronym which stands for E(verybody's) G(ot) O(ne)!

narroway

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »

And how about the one I heard involving EGO:  E: Easing G: God O: Out.  Love you guys so much :-)

lostANDfound

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »

When I think about trying to kill our ego, it helps me to remember that God purposed for most of humanity to misunderstand Him and think poorly of Him, for a time, therefore  I should be willing for many to misunderstand and think poorly of me.  I agree also that overcoming my ego is likely my greatest challenge.  I've even congratulated myself on my humbleness in certain situations.    :-[
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

wells

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 09:36:21 PM »

Ego is very difficult for me to overcome. I've recently been serving on the worship team at a local church and in speaking with the pastors and other leaders there I've found that their understanding of heaven and hell is pretty "dumb" for lack of a better word. One of the pastors said he believed in the "age of accountability" (which is completely unbiblical as far as I know) and he rhetorically asked me regarding serving at church "If everyone's going to Heaven then what are we doing here?" I wanted to respond by saying "I'm serving God, I'm not sure what you're doing" but I didn't want to get into it at that time.
I've been told that I can serve at the church but that I cannot speak to others about my beliefs regarding the matter. This of course makes me want to teach Ray's wisdom all the more! I cannot take credit for the revelation of the truth I now have, but pride often gives me a sense that I am "better" than them because I know the truth. I am aware that God has them where He has them but it is still frustrating to be around. I occasionally wish they would excommunicate me which would definitely give my ego a boost. Then next stop martyrdom!
I'm not sure if I need to leave the church (and serve somewhere else that likely also doesn't know the truth) or if I should stay and be a spy for the real Jesus who when lifted from the Earth will draw ALL people to Him.

rick

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 12:44:31 AM »

Hi Wells,

Ephesians 2:19-22New International Version (NIV)

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

God bless.

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »

Hi all.
Is there a transcript for the MP3?
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Kat

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 06:17:22 PM »

Hi all.
Is there a transcript for the MP3?
Sandie

Hi Sandie, here is a link to the short transcript.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,16341.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.