bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer For Oldest Daughter  (Read 8231 times)

walt123

Re: Prayer For Oldest Daughter
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 12:42:41 PM »

Hello, porter

I think a lesson can be learned from theses two scriptures for this young man,when one has to bare a correction from the Lord.

Numbers 12:14-15New Living Translation (NLT)

14 But the Lord said to Moses, “If her father had done nothing more than spit in her face, wouldn’t she be defiled for seven days? So keep her outside the camp for seven days, and after that she may be accepted back.”

15 So Miriam was kept outside the camp for seven days, and the people waited until she was brought back before they traveled again.

And

1 Corinthians 5:5-6New Living Translation (NLT)

5 Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed[a] and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord[c] returns.

6 Your boasting about this is terrible. Don’t you realize that this sin is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough?

Walt.

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:32 PM »

Thanks Walt and everyone else, your words and prayers are very much appreciated!

Porter
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

cjwood

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 01:41:46 AM »

porter,
i will say a prayer for your daughter, you, your wife, and even the (no profanity) who beat the crap out of your daughter.  i have to be completely honest and say if it were my daughter the boyfriend better be in jail to protect him from me.  i know this is NOT the right attitude for me to have but i would be hard pressed not to let him have a taste of his own medicine.  i know he will one day be saved, and that it is our Lord God who will take revenge, but, as a woman, the momma bear in me would come out and it wouldn't be pretty.  it is a natural instinct to want to protect our children from someone who hurts them intentionally, especially when they are being abused physically and emotionally.  i know it is not our place to judge and that we are called on to turn the other cheek.  i know these things deep in my heart.  but, no one is gonna beat up my child without some consequences to be paid.  i too would take the pictures to the police that your wife took of your daughter.  if the boyfriend is already in jail for a prior abuse charge, perhaps the pictures of your daughter would help keep him there longer than 2 years.  i pray that in those 2 years your daughter has her eyes opened big and wide to see the boyfriend for what he really is.  an abuser.  not a man who loves her.

all i can advise (other than not really beating the guy up  ;) ) is to stick your nose in the Scriptures and pray, pray, pray. 

God bless you porter.
claudia
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:59:45 AM by Rene »

Porter

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 03:35:45 AM »

Thank you Claudia.

Just a little update if anyone is still interested. The police did a welfare check on her the other day because she was seen running away from her boyfriend. Sadly she is still with him and he will not be turning himself in till the 19th I think. It's in God's hands now just as it has always been.

Thanks again everyone, I'm more at peace now. I hate worrying.

Moderators please lock this thread as it's served it's purpose. Thanks.

Porter
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.