bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who would you like to judge?  (Read 4849 times)

Nelson Boils

who would you like to judge?
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »

"Think about… Denny and I, we debate who going to get different ones to judge. He says I want to judge him and I say no I want him, you know. But if you think about… ‘I want to change world, I would love to be a part of that.’  Now I don’t want some job I can’t handle, I want to do what God thinks I can handle. But what I’m trying to teach you here, all you have to do is “think on these things,” desire them. Because sometimes we don’t have money, time, talent, education. We don’t have those things. So how are we going to qualify? Because how you think and the fact that God’s law is spiritual, you can do it."-L.Ray Smith

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure would love to judge the music industry,mainstream music mainly,especially the stupid songs,mainly from the rappers!

Wittenberg

Re: who would you like to judge?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »

What are you going to judge them guilty of?  I guarantee everyone on this board has been just as guilty, not loving the way we should. The people that produce filth for money don't know God because God hasn't revealed Himself to them. The good news is, that God will do it, in it's appointed time.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:47:41 AM »

I would judge them for their stupid songs!

Wittenberg

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:25 AM »

Well there is that

Nelson Boils

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 04:37:23 AM »

42 months and counting...
till Wittenberg is turned into a mountain..
a life giving fountain...where TD Jakes will come and drink for free.
But for now Wittenberg's a prisoner in the sea.
It doesn't want him to make it to 33.

;)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »

I'd turn it around.  Not who would I like to judge but who would I want God to use me to bring into his Kingdom in the next age.  Probably among the greatest transgressors in the 20th century if not the greatest would be Adolph Hitler.  I would like to be instrumental in bringing this man to repentance if God would cause it to be so.  I think the reason why is I've made a study of Nazi Germany and I did this during the time that God was showing me that I was no better than anyone else.  If I would of been born into one of those homes during that time in history I would of been an infamous Nazi myself even though what they did and believed was reprehensible.  Yet to them it all made perfect sense at the time.  It's very humbling to know that in the end there is no difference between me and you as opposed to the greatest criminals who ever lived.  God had grace and mercy upon us and not so much upon them.  And it's nothing that we did to deserve it....

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »

This comes from: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=11521.20

Mobile 2009 Conference - The One God part 2

http://bible-truths.com/audio/THEONEGODPT2.mp3 (Audio 11)

YOU BECOME WHAT YOU THINK

[Question: In Jeremiah, it says He is going to forget our sins and remember our sins no more. The other day the thought came to me, the reason that we sometimes feel pain because we our focused on our sins instead of His mercy and love and we can’t completely get okay. So I’m thinking why in the world am I remembering that? So we need to keep our mind and heart on Him and His love and do that and truly believe that Scripture and act it out.]

All those good Scriptures… see John said;

1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Then we read there in Philippians where Paul say;

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on THESE things.

“Think on these things.” He didn’t say meditate on all your rotten sins and think about your sins. Yea you think about those sins. He didn’t say that did he. He said you look at the good things and you think on those things. Why? Because you BECOME what you THINK. 

Think about… Denny and I, we debate who going to get different ones to judge. He says I want to judge him and I say no I want him, you know. But if you think about… ‘I want to change world, I would love to be a part of that.’  Now I don’t want some job I can’t handle, I want to do what God thinks I can handle. But what I’m trying to teach you here, all you have to do is “think on these things,” desire them. Because sometimes we don’t have money, time, talent, education. We don’t have those things. So how are we going to qualify? Because how you think and the fact that God’s law is spiritual, you can do it.

Listen, here is another one, He’s going to reward everyone according to their works, right? You don’t have no money, don’t have no talent, don’t have the wherewithal to visit people to help people, don’t have an education… how big is your reward going to be? It can be huge! I’ll tell you why, these things are SPIRITUAL!

If you looked on a woman or you don’t even look, you just meditate in your mind to lust after a woman, are you guilty of adultery? Yes. 

If you just ’think’ about doing good to your fellow man and humanity and straightening out the evil and the wretchedness of this world… if you just ‘think’ about doing that, are you guilty of thinking those good things? Yes.

Will you receive a big reward for that? Yes.

You will be rewarded for not just what you would like to do, if you had the youth, the strength, the money, the energy, the education, the talents and the wherewithal. You will be rewarded, because you would like to do those things. You would want to do them.

Pro 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

And that’s how God equates it… absolutely!

Shechiyn please cite in the future if possible. I know i'm guilty of being unable to at times but i think we should if we can as it helps others see some of the context for what ray was saying.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »

I'd turn it around.  Not who would I like to judge but who would I want God to use me to bring into his Kingdom in the next age.  Probably among the greatest transgressors in the 20th century if not the greatest would be Adolph Hitler.  I would like to be instrumental in bringing this man to repentance if God would cause it to be so.  I think the reason why is I've made a study of Nazi Germany and I did this during the time that God was showing me that I was no better than anyone else.  If I would of been born into one of those homes during that time in history I would of been an infamous Nazi myself even though what they did and believed was reprehensible.  Yet to them it all made perfect sense at the time.  It's very humbling to know that in the end there is no difference between me and you as opposed to the greatest criminals who ever lived.  God had grace and mercy upon us and not so much upon them.  And it's nothing that we did to deserve it....

I prefer to have the same attitude as Arion. If I thought about who I'd want to judge, I naturally would think of people (or industries) that I think are evil or that I don't like....from there, it's easy to fall into feelings of resentment and grudgery and vanity, thinking about the faults of other people, when Lord knows I have plenty to overcome within me.

Also, if we think about things we don't like---e.g., wanting to judge the music industry for "stupid songs"--it's easy to miss the purpose of judgment, which is correction. The carnal mind thinks "BOY I'd love to get back at that guy....just wait"--but that's not what it's about; it's about teaching the inhabitants of the world righteousness.

There are fathers who become angry and abusive in their efforts to discipline; others, like my father, do it the right way. In those who are in the latter category, I think we have a small glimpse of how our heavenly Father judges. My dad spanked me a few times, but I don't think he enjoyed doing it, and he certainly didn't enjoy seeing me in tears. But he only had to do it a few times my whole childhood, because it taught be to be good.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 08:05:51 PM »

I prefer to have the same attitude as Arion. If I thought about who I'd want to judge, I naturally would think of people (or industries) that I think are evil or that I don't like....from there, it's easy to fall into feelings of resentment and grudgery and vanity, thinking about the faults of other people, when Lord knows I have plenty to overcome within me.

Also, if we think about things we don't like---e.g., wanting to judge the music industry for "stupid songs"--it's easy to miss the purpose of judgment, which is correction. The carnal mind thinks "BOY I'd love to get back at that guy....just wait"--but that's not what it's about; it's about teaching the inhabitants of the world righteousness.

There are fathers who become angry and abusive in their efforts to discipline; others, like my father, do it the right way. In those who are in the latter category, I think we have a small glimpse of how our heavenly Father judges. My dad spanked me a few times, but I don't think he enjoyed doing it, and he certainly didn't enjoy seeing me in tears. But he only had to do it a few times my whole childhood, because it taught be to be good.

Jesse,

Thank you brother. Words of wisdom.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 05:27:23 AM »

"Teaching people to write better songs".  I'd like to be on the receiving end of that.   :)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Nelson Boils

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »

God is going to "get back at that guy."How?Through us!
So in fact and in act,you are going to "get back at that guy,"Or as Arion may put it,"God is going to use you to bring THAT GUY into the kingdom in the next age."

God is going to pour his wrath and indignation at "that guy",He is going to "get back at that guy"--THROUGH US!

God is going to "get back at Hitler" by using Arion.It is this "get(tting) back " that will bring Hitler into the Kingdom.

One of the worst songs in the industry goes something like this:

"I hate them with perfect hatred:I count them my enemies."
The artist is David,and he was a king in his land.

Another stupid song goes something like this:

"Christ is going to reign for ever and for ever and for ever"
The artist is John Hagee,he is also considered a king in his land.

And probably this is the worst,most stupid and evil song ever to be written:

""For ever and ever all you're going to hear are the screams and sobs and suffering for ever and for ever and for ever ... and it's justice"
This song was written by John Hagee,a king in his land.

So many artists we have in the music industry. ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.