bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 5732 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Podcasts
« on: January 04, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »

I wish all rays audios were available in a podcast format. I'd pay to be able to download them on my device so I could listen while driving. Are there any other ways to listen to them besides YouTube?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Extol

Re: Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »

Hi largeli,

You can right click on the audios (I do it while they are playing), and click "Save Audio As..."

This downloads it onto your computer, from whence you can put it onto a flash drive or open it in Windows Media Player/iTunes and burn onto a CD.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,13.0.html

As far as I know, everything that is on you-tube is here, or excerpts of things that are here.  Then you can do as Extol suggested.  It's also possible to download from you-tube if you have the software to do it.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »

Youtube stop the download option awhile back,all one can do now with youtube is upload.

God bless.

lareli

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 12:46:31 PM »

I'm technology deficient... I don't have a home computer... Could I save the audios to my phone using the steps/links you've provided? I mean can I do this all from my phone?

I know how to download music/podcasts from iTunes on my phone...

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 12:54:17 PM »

I'm technology deficient... I don't have a home computer... Could I save the audios to my phone using the steps/links you've provided? I mean can I do this all from my phone?

Believe so. Use your phone's web browser. Over the audio links, hold down on your touch screen and release. A interfacē should display that allows for several operations, one being, download or save file to phone.

It depends on how to date your phone is.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:57:38 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »

Has been on my todo list for a long time. Eventually I will post a link on each YouTube video to an audio download. I just don't have the time now.

If I work just two or three hours each day on YouTube it will take me two years to get caught up with what I have planned.

lareli

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

Believe so. Use your phone's web browser. Over the audio links, hold down on your touch screen and release. A interfacē should display that allows for several operations, one being, download or save file to phone.

Okay... I hold and release on the link and the options I get are Open, Open in New Tab, Add to Reading List, Copy, and Cancel.

It's an iPhone6 and I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on the updates... I feel so old not knowing about this stuff, lol.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:16 PM »

I don't even have an old flip-phone.   ;D

But I would GUESS, the option you want is "Copy".
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »

Okay... I hold and release on the link and the options I get are Open, Open in New Tab, Add to Reading List, Copy, and Cancel.

It's an iPhone6 and I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on the updates... I feel so old not knowing about this stuff, lol.

Hi Largeli,

It may be that the apple's browser is different from the Samsung which I use. I know it can be done because I have downloaded Ray's 'church government' study to my phone and it is still there for me to listen to.

Try using google, I'm sure there is an explanation of how to save files from the phone web browser to the phone itself.

Good luck!
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 05:38:34 PM »

I have some on my phone but I used my PC to put them on the phone.

Porter

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »

Hey largeli,

Did a bit of research on this idea and found out it's nearly impossible to put podcasts on your iPhone without a computer that has iTunes installed. Only way is if you were to jailbreak your phone as. I've done it before and it really adds a lot of cool features you'd never get with the stock apple IOS. Sadly the latest IOS version 9.2 isn't completely jail breakable, but they are working on it.

If you can find someone with a pc or mac with iTunes installed who wouldn't mind downloading Ray's audio and transferring them to your iPhone then that would be another option.

I did manage to turn all of Ray's audio's into podcasts with the intent of sharing them, but I simply do not have the bandwidth or server space to do that.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lareli

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »

Thanks porter

ML

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:52 PM »

Mods, delete this if you feel necessary. Just have some tips I wanted to share, on what I have done on this.

So, I have an android phone, and an app called Pocket Casts. What I have done, is download all the audios on my phone, renamed most of them, so they have better titles, and then moved them into a part of the app in storage for "Custom Episodes." They only show up in one "tile"(look at the store page and you'll understand) and everything shows up Alphabetically. You can also sort it by Date, and Title, both oldest to newest and vice versa, and oldest to newest and vice versa.

So, depending how you would name them, it would all show up in order. I first have "Destiny of Woman." Next, would be "Gospel of the Kingdom" etc. For multi part ones, I have, say "Free Will Pt 1" and "Free Will Pt 2." Do these things, and it should work out almost like I described here.

The app costs 3 or 4 dollars, but it works pretty well compared to "other" apps for podcasts. I mainly just use it for music podcasts nowadays, but having Rays audios on there helps a lot. You can even stream it to your TV and other compatible devices through Google Casting it.

If anyone needs help, I could give you some FAQ links if you need them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.