bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought Ray said the sons of God were humans ?  (Read 4139 times)

rick

I thought Ray said the sons of God were humans ?
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »

well, I believe Ray said that ,had something to do with Adam's offsprings being the sons of God.

I remember I asked that in a thread I had done, I asked who the sons of God were or maybe who the fallen angles were but now I see in the book of Job it says this.   

[6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
[7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

So I'll ask again in case I miss something worth knowing, who are these sons of God ?

Are they humans or are they angles as in spirit being ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:15:54 PM by Rick »

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I thought Ray said the sons of God were humans ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »

well, I believe Ray said that ,had something to do with Adam's offsprings being the sons of God.

I remember I asked that in a thread I had done, I asked who the sons of God were or maybe who the fallen angles were but now I see in the book of Job it says this.   

[6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
[7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

So I'll ask again in case I miss something worth knowing, who are these sons of God ?

Are they humans or are they angles as in spirit being ?

Hi Rick,

Are you referring to this email about Gen 6:4 and its reference to the 'sons of God?'

Gen 6:4  There wereH1961 giantsH5303 in the earthH776 in thoseH1992 days;H3117 and alsoH1571 afterH310 that,H3651 whenH834 the sonsH1121 of GodH430 came inH935 untoH413 the daughtersH1323 of men,H120 and they bareH3205 children to them, the sameH1992 became mighty menH1368 whichH834 were of old,H4480 H5769 menH376 of renown.H8034

Yes, its the same hebrew word in both cases but in Job's case, I do not believe they are mortals as we are given in genesis 6:4

http://bible-truths.com/email12.htm ---------------------------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Gen. 6 has absolutely NOTHING to do with "fallen angels." The "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" is not speaking of mortals and spirit beings. This is just another one of Christendom's fables.

Jesus plainly told us that,

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God., For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage [why? why aren't they given in marriage? Answer....] ...but are AS THE ANGELS of God in heaven" (Matt. 22:30).

The angels CANNOT MARRY (they have no 'marriage apparatus' if you know what I mean). Yet we are told in Gen. 6:2, that "they took them WIVES of all which they chose." To have a "wife" one must be "MARRIED."   The sons of God and the daughters of men are BOTH HUMAN.

I believe that verse 4 of Gen. 6 is a terrible translation in the King James.  Since most translators have bought into the 'angels fornicating with women' theory, most of them have a very strange translation of this verse. There are whole words in this Hebrew verse that are not even translated at all in most versions.

Notice this translation from the Concordant Version:

"Now the DISTINGUISHED come to be in the earth in those days, and moreover, afterward, coming are those who are sons of God to the daughters of the human, and they bear for them. They are the MASTERS, who are from the eon, MORTALS with the name."

Sorry I don't have time to explain the meaning of all these verses, but at least I want you to know that this is not a case of angels fornicating with women.

God be with you,

Ray

The reference to the sons of God in Job happens again but this time with the founding of the earth.

Job 38

1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Don't really have anything else to offer you right now on this subject.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »

Hi Alex,

No, not the email but it was about Gen 6:4 that I had asked about. I walked  away from thinking they were spiritual being to these are the offspring of Adam's but was questioning what I read in Job wondering if I had missunderstood what was being said concerning these sons of God.

rick

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,16197.msg145940.html#msg145940

This is the thread I was referring to.

God bless everyone.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »

Hi Rick, firstly because the "sons of God" in Genesis are speaking of human being, which Ray did say and I believe that as well, that does not mean that else where in Scripture that same term has to mean the same thing. You have to take into account the passage in which the term is used. There in Genesis it is certainly speaking of Adam's descendants... I believe they were called "sons of God" because they were directly related to Adam who probably gained it first. Whether other people decided to use that term for him/them or they used it for themselves, whichever it was I think it's because Adam being directly created by God considered himself sort of a son of God.

But when you come over to the Book of Job you have a whole other scenario, it appears to happen at the throne of God which is in heaven (Matt 5:34).

Job 1:6  Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1  Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

So actually the answer to who these "sons of God" are, as Alex referenced, is right there in the book of Job.  In chapter 38 "the LORD" is answering Job and He speaks of how He was the One responsible for preforming the wondrous works of creation and He continues on...

Job 38:1  Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind:
v. 2  "Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
v. 3  Gird up your loins like a man, I will question you, and you shall declare to me.
v. 4  "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
v. 5  Who determined its measurements--surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
v. 6  On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone,
v. 7  when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So we can see this reference, in the same book, seems to be speaking of a time when these "sons of God shouted for joy" in witnessing the creation. These have to be spirit beings, because they saw the very foundations of the earth being laid and I think we can safely say there were no human beings at that time. So this is an assembly of His angelic host that were rejoicing at the glorious creation of the earth, the future home of mankind.

That verse also speaks of the angels as "morning stars"... not to be confused with "THE morning Star" - Jesus Christ (Rev 22:16). There are a few other verses that do use this figure of speak, stars, in speaking of God's angels.

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

Isa 14:13  For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;

So when you put these Scriptures together, maybe you can see these connections. There is another passage in Psalms that also speaks "all His hosts" praising Him, His angels - celestial beings - "stars of light," praising Him.

Psa 148:1  Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!
v. 2  Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!
v. 3  Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!
v. 4  Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens!
v. 5  Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 04:38:01 PM by Kat »

rick

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

Hi Alex and Kat,

Thanks for both your responses , I understand the difference now.

God bless everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.