bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The full Armour of God  (Read 4353 times)

Miranda_78

The full Armour of God
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »

Hello

Can anyone explain to me the full armour of God and how to put it on? In an easier way  I am still studying on it but have found it difficult and wanting to know if I am understanding correctly. Not that I don't have it on. But, just to make sure I am understanding it.
Thanks.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The full Armour of God
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:31 AM »

There could be months of bible-study devoted to searching out all the 'parts' of the whole armour, knowing that no scripture is it's own interpretation.

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

I can't do months of bible-study in a forum post, but maybe I can point out a few things that spring immediately to mind.

Loins gird about with truth.  Joh 14:6,7  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Breastplate of righteousness 1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love;

Eph_5:9  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.  Isa_52:7  How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Shield of faith.  2Co_5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Gal_2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 

Helmet of Salvation.  1Th 5:8-10  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God).  Joh_6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Co_2:4  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

The girdle, as I understand it, holds the gear of the soldier, including his sword.  The breastplate is a defense for the vital organs, like the heart and lungs.  The footwear enables the march and the battle on foot.  The shield is a defense against the offensive weapons of the enemy.  The helmet protects the head.  The Sword is a multi-use weapon, and is, as Paul explained, the Word of God, which is Spirit.  All of these terms are "spirit".  This is a parable.  All of the soldier's accouterments and their functions have a spiritual significance to us, who battle NOT against flesh and blood.  Nor is it OUR flesh and blood that we are defending, but the qualities and fruit of the Spirit within us.

Maybe all of that (and more) will help you answer "How" we put it on. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »

The way I see it, Jesus and others are our examples that help to shed some light as to how we are to conduct ourselves in the everyday world.
Jesus was anointed to do the things he was supposed to accomplish in his ministry on earth, and of course he was The Word of God in flesh.
Jesus turned the Truth of the Word on Satan when he came to tempt him in the wilderness.
The Apostles and the rest of 120 were gifted with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, they overcame by the truth of the Gospel.
Even in the Old Testament account of David and the giant Goliath, David had far more than that sling and some stones working in his behalf that resulted in victory.

Revelation 12:10-And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11-And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Joel

Miranda_78

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »

Thank you! Dave in Tenn.
 and
thanks Joel.

rick

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »

Hi Miranda,

Awesome question, one I thought about for sometime. What Im about to say may or may not be factual or reflect the the views of this forum but in my opinion putting on the armor of God is apart of the process.

I believe we grow into the armor of God as Christ teaches us, as we learn truth, love, patience and longsuffering  that in itself is puting  on the armor of God and.when that armour of God is on us it will never come off us because that armor of God is about learning righteousness and.walking steadfast in the things of God.

The armor of God is an accurate knowledge of God as I see it.
God bless.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:52:24 AM by Rick »

Miranda_78

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:56 PM »

Thank you Rick.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »

Hi Miranda, Yes I agree with Rick but only by this. It seems to me that understanding the sovereignty of God has a whole lot to do with putting on the full armour of God. Job is a great book for this. Job came to the understanding of the sovereignty of God.  Also king Nebuchadnezzar. God opened both of there eyes to his sovereignty.

Job 42:1  Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
Job 42:2  I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
Job 42:3  Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
Job 42:4  Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Job 42:5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Dan 4:30  The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

The King thought he was sovereign.

Dan 4:34  And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, ( he seen ) and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
Dan 4:35  And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou

Job says
Job 28:23  God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
Job 28:24  For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
Job 28:25  To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
Job 28:26  When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
Job 28:27  Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.
Job 28:28  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Ok the fear of the Lord is wisdom and to depart from evil is understanding.

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
Pro 4:7  Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. ( or I lean to the understanding of His sovereignty )

Pro 2:10  When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
Pro 2:11  Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
Pro 2:12  To deliver thee from the way of the evil

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

For two and half years He has been going over this with me and it just doesn't work until I understand that it will be him that gives it to me and it has always been him. I though must stand and believe in His sovereignty. Its all Him for me or nothing fits. Yes it is a process to have this understanding, it means to me that I must decrease and he must increase, I must deny myself and pick up my cross and follow Him. For I can truly do nothing on my own. When I have understanding then will I have departed from evil with the full armour of God...

So I will pray for us, Father I ask that you open the eyes and ears of are heart and anoint our understanding that we may behold thy glory, for by beholding thy glory we may be changed into your image in Jesus name...
 I hope this doesn't infringe on the teaching rule, certainly Lrays teachings were from God and my eyes were opened from God through his writings.
I certainly can't make anything fit until I come Back to His Sovereignty...

Righteousness, Peace and Joy to those of the house of God

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.