bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fasting?  (Read 9766 times)

stello

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Fasting?
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »

Hello everyone,

What really is fasting?  Should i fast every week? month? Thanks!

stello
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

Kat

Re: Fasting?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »

Hi Stello,

We have a list here on the forum compiled from Professor C. Tischendorf’s notes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_von_Tischendorf) on the readings of the two oldest Greek manuscripts (mid 1800's), the Sinaitic and the Vatican #1209 as to which Scripture that are considered spurious and are omitted by both the Sinaitic and Vatican Manuscripts;
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html. I will put the pertinent Scripture here and mark through the words consider spurious according to his list.

Matt 17:20  So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
v. 21  However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Mark 9:29  So He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting."

1Cor 7:5  Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Isn't that interesting... now I am not implying that there may not be any good purpose for fasting, but this would eliminate some of the primary Scripture that the church use to promote it. Here are a couple of emails on this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2260.0.html ----------

Hi, Ray, I wondered where you stood on fasting.  I find that it doesn't usually make that much difference to the outcome of my prayers, but some people say you've got to pay the price to get answers from God, and personal suffering is one of the strongest proofs that you mean business with Jesus.  I'm wrestling with a big problem and somebody indicated that I won't get my miracle unless I fast for it. Isn't that attitude a litte like the priests of Baal who tried to pay their god for his favor by slashing themselves with knives?

Have a great day!  Patricia

Dear Patricia;

I hear TV preachers talk about how they fasted or how that they just finished a 2-day, 5-day, two-week fast. 'Me thinks' however, that they lie. And even if they aren't lying, they just lost any benefit by telling the whole world about it.

Fasting (without food or water) may be benefical to draw closer to God.  It may even be beneficial for health. But I do not believe that it will CAUSE God to do whatever it is that you have need of.

Jesus tells us that His words are "SPIRIT" (John 6:63).  And here is a portion of Scripture which speaks to the subject of "spiritual fasting"--"...Is not THIS the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?...." (Isa. 6-11).

Hope this helps you,

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2329.0.html ------------

Dear Ray

I need scriptural confirmation on exactly the kind of fast that God prescribes. Should we fast til 6 pm or fast without food and water for 3 days stretch. The bible seems to record fasting that was completely devoid of food and drink. Is this the type of fast that God desires. Moses went up for 40 days and nites, no food or water. Jesus went to the wilderness for 40 days, no food and water.

Is this THE way to fast?
Kola, Nigeria

Dear Kola:
"Is not THIS THE FAST that I have chosen?  To loose the bands of wicknedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?......" Through the rest of the chapter...(Isa. 58:6-14).

God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:57:36 AM by Kat »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »

I personally never fasted, and see no need for it. God has answered all my prayers that are according to his will. Some times its right after I pray that I get what I prayed for and some times it takes a bit of time and I see that some answer to my prayers takes a time of learning or studying to get them answered. God is faithful and just, but in His time and that also help me in many areas in my walk through the fire...

what I see in Daniel, 3:25   
     He answered and said lo, I see two men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the second is like the Son of God....

Theres my prayers in the midst of the fire being answered!!  Glory to God

to the brethren , Righteousness, Peace and Joy
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:42:21 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »

Ray's reference to Isaiah is amazing. It really shows that no verse becomes its own interpretation and that with two witnesses we compare spiritual with spiritual.

A reminder:

John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Matthew 22:36-41
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:22 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Fasting from physical food is nothing but our filthy rags, our own works, but the spirit of God and good works are those fruits of the spirit. They come only from and by God. The old man must die. Worship IN SPIRIT and truth!

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:51:01 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »

Ok Alex, here my second witness

1Co 3:13  Mikes work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try Mikes work of what sort it is.

Don't know if your statement was ment for me?

The truth is it is all one and it all fits. Yes to establish a truth 2 witnesses are needed, but let's not deny the truth of any scripture. You can give several witnesses to some and they won't see it. and you can give one witness to some and they will see it all through out his word!  And it is in his word where we worship in spirit and truth and some have that word working right in there heart.

Peace to the brethren 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »

1Co 3:13  Mikes work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try Mikes work of what sort it is.

The truth is it is all one and it all fits. Yes to establish a truth 2 witnesses are needed, but let's not deny the truth of any scripture. You can give several witnesses to some and they won't see it. and you can give one witness to some and they will see it all through out his word!  And it is in his word where we worship in spirit and truth and some have that word working right in there heart.

Peace to the brethren

No Mike, I was responding to Stello. Your post was made while I was making mine and so I had not even read what you wrote yet when I posted mine. All I saw was Stello's and Kat's.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »

Hi Stello,

I agree with the counsel already given so this is just a personal note of my experience.
When I was with Worldwide we fasted each year on a Jewish holy day and I was able to complete the fast without food or water from sundown to sundown. I prepared by eating only mild foods the two days previously and avoided stimulants such as coffee so as to not have withdrawal symptoms.
-
I was ignorant of the true meaning of things we have all learned from Mr. Smith, but I did gain a better understanding of what others who fast had to endure, so I suppose that it was beneficial in that way.

What I did learn that is still beneficial to me personally is that I could survive without three meals and water IF I HAD TO. This personal knowledge was to some degree empowering to me because I had never done that since I was a young child and had a serious illness during which time I could not take any food for two or three days. Couldn't keep it down and had a high fever.

My point is that if you want to try it just for your own experience of learning to control one of your strong appetites it may be beneficial in reducing the natural fear one has of being unable to find food in some type of natural emergency such as an auto breakdown in a storm away from home or other helpless situation. To me the experience was empowering similar to my experience of quitting the tobacco habit many decades ago.

Hope that you have fun if you try it.  ;)

stello

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 06:28:55 PM »

Thanks all for your replies and help. God is amazing and i am so glad he brought me here. I sometimes want to get to the end result of all humanity being part of God's family, but i know we have to go through this learning period. 

lareli

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »

Fasting is useful in order to exercise the fruits of the spirit. Just like when trying to build physical strength you must put your physical muscles under stress and adversity in order to stimulate growth.

You can't be courageous unless you are first afraid. You can't exercise and develop patience unless and until you are in situations that make you naturally impatient. Self control is easy as long as you are in situations where there's no temptation.

Fasting from physical food will make you grumpy, irritated, impatient, etc. It may provide a good training ground and circumstance to exercise those spiritual muscles of self control, patience, joy, etc.

Of course the fruits of the spirit are produced in us by God and not by our own efforts alone.. But it's not as though God will just magically make these fruits grow in us over night. Just like Adam and Eve desiring the knowledge of good and evil.. When they ate the fruit they didn't all-of-the-sudden have all the knowledge of good and evil, but instead God put them and us in this present reality and arena where we can obtain through exercising discernment, the knowledge of good and evil.

Hebrews 5
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Fasting can be very valuable for exercising the fruits of the spirit... Driving during rush hour traffic also provides opportunities to extend patience and even forgiveness to others, lol!

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »

I'm going to share a few emails from ray on 'keeping the sabbeth' because its very similar to the idea of 'keeping a fast.' Its another physical carnal outward display of the flesh. The very man such things the pharisees loved to do and which Jesus called them dead on the inside for. There are many many more emails that you can look up on this forum about the sabbeth. I just picked the first three that came up.

-------------------------------------------------------- http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3497.msg26121.html#msg26121
     Hi Ray¸

Should we work on Saturdays?  Is it wrong to work on the Sabbath?

COMMENT:  It is wrong to do OUR spiritual works ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. That is what the Sabbath is to teach us. We are NOT to do our works, but let God work IN US on every day of the week, not just the seventh.  Keeping the physical weekly Sabbath is for those who have not yet come to obey the SPIRITUAL Sabbath of God's rest (Heb. 4:3-4). Once a Gentile is circumcised in his heart and spirit it is not necessary to be PHYSICAL circumcised in his flesh, Etc.

Chris

P.S Sorry to be pedantic [,] but you have been pluralising [that's 'pluralizing,' Chris...JUST KIDDING!] words with apostrophes on your site!

COMMENT:  That is a typo, I assure you, and not done consciously. I sometimes type "who's" instead of "whose," and many such stupid errors.  It's a case of early Alzheimer.

God be with you,

Ray

-------------------------------------------------------------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4974.msg38852.html#msg38852

Dear Johan:  You close by stating that you hope I will not take your email as an attack on me. I assure you I won't, and I likewise hope that you do not take my admonition as an attack on you. Your email is too long, but I will make a few COMMENTS in it........

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your site! I benefited a lot, and I’ve spent hours and days reading and agreeing, and learning! I think you’re one of the very few childen of God that really knows his bible – and that’s the way it should be for every true child of God!

I absolutely agree with you on almost everything!, but I’d like to know how you can get past the Sabbath?

How do you spiritualize away the Sabbath?

COMMENT:   I do NOT "spiritual away the Sabbath."  Besides, if something is "spiritualized" it will not go away, seeing that the natural is temporary, but the spiritual is lasting (II Cor. 4:18).

How do you spiritually do all your work in six days and spiritually rest on the seventh?-

COMMENT:  Your statements proves that you do not understand the "spiritual rest" of the Sabbath day at all. The Sabbath pictures rest (actually and literally to "stop working").  What good is the physical sabbath for people who NEVER stop working. Not only do they do their "works of the law" during the week, but they actually do their "works of the law" on the Sabbath which pictures them STOPPING THEIR OWN WORKS!  When you do you "work of the law" by KEEPING the physical Sabbath, you BREAK the spirit of the Sabbath which is to STOP YOUR WORKING AND LET GOD WORK IN YOU.

Therefore, when people as me if I keep the Sabbath I always answer by saying, "YES, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK." As long as you are doing YOUR work on the Sabbath, you will never "ENTER INTO GOD'S REST" (Heb. 4).

I believe the LUNAR SABBATH should be kept.

COMMENT:  You are not alone, Johan. Paul had many people who rejected the Gospel by being the same thing: "Ye observe days and months [month means MOON], and times, and years (Gal. 4:10).  Paul could no more persuade them in his day to give up the physical and obey the spiritual (John 6:63), than I am able today. If people can't DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL THEY DON'T FEEL SPIRITUAL.  That's just the way it is.  "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the NEW MOON [as you are now trying to instruct me as necessary], or of the SABBATH DAYS [as you are also accusing me of 'spiritualizing away the Sabbath']" (Col. 2:16).

------------------------------------------------------------------- http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,732.msg5604.html#msg5604

Dear Bob: You topic is an interesting one, but however, one entirely too big to answer in any detail in an email--it would take days to answer thoroughly.

Suffice it to say:

1. Jesus did NOT keep the Sabbath. He taught in the synagogues on the Sabbath because that is the time that everyone was gathered together, not because Jesus wanted to "keep" the sabbath day. Jesus healed and commanded to carry a bed on the Sabbath which was against the law of Moses. Neither did Jesus' disciples observe the sabbath according to Moses. Jesus did not deny breaking the sabbath in Matt. 12. He showed that His breaking of the sabbath was NOT A SIN. He used David and the Priests to substantiate His claim, plus the much greater reason being that Jesus Himself was Lord of the Sabbath.

2. Jesus did not keep the Annual Holy Days. Jesus did not eat the passover on the eve of Nisan 15, but rather they ate a supper on the eve of Nisan 14. Jesus was crucified late afternoon before the 15th just as the passover lambs were being killed--of ocurse, Jesus WAS  the True Passover Lamb. "THAT sabbath was an HIGH DAY" we are told. The weekly sabbath was also the Passover and first day of Unleavened bread which is always an Holy Sabbath Day.

Jesus didn't keep the Feast of Pentecost or Trumpets, or Atonement--Jesus IS our Atonement.  Jesus said that He and His disciples wouldn't fast during His ministry. Jesus did not keep the Feast of Tabernacles. The made no temporary booths in which to live for seven days. Jesus sent His disciples up to the feast, but He stayed back. He went up later in the feast to TEACH, not to keep the feast. Etc.

3. There is nothing physical that will make you spiritual. The Sabbath has a spiritual fulfillment. It is a rest that we enter into with God. When we have the real thing, we no longer need to be observing the shadow or type of the REAL THING, which is CHIRST.

God be with you,

Ray

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We are HIS workmanship, and it is the faith OF Jesus that lives in us. We are not our own works, we don't even provide the faith aspects, its ALL OF GOD. Saved by Grace through faith which are both gifts from God. No need to physically starve yourself.

Hebrews 4:2-10
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

God is mighty to save, He won't fail, just stay calm and wait upon the Lord. Its all in His time and at the appointed season.

God bless,
Alex

Mike Gagne

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 09:24:50 PM »

fasting from physical food will make you grumpy, irritated, impatient, etc. It may provide a good training ground and circumstance to exercise those spiritual muscles of self control, patience, joy, etc

Sorry Largeli, but that all seems like you have to do something, you have to fast in order to receive something. Sounds churchie...

self just gets in the way....

Joh 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.
Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

It all comes back to who is sovereign? Stello after receiving counsel and you decide to try a fast that's ok because Jesus rules in the kingdom men and none can stay his hand. But no sense going hungry for something that isn't necessary. 

Fasting can be very valuable for exercising the fruits of the spirit... Driving during rush hour traffic also provides opportunities to extend patience and even forgiveness to others, lol!

It isn't you who exercises it, it is Him, your carnal mind wants nothing to do with such things....

R.P.J to those of the house of God
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:34:12 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:51:34 AM »

Peace to the brethren

No Mike, I was responding to Stello. Your post was made while I was making mine and so I had not even read what you wrote yet when I posted mine. All I saw was Stello's and Kat's.

Alex, sorry brother, just my carnal heart getting involved.
 And I plucked it out and cast it down...

Righteousness, Peace and Joy to the Brethren

Not a problem brother! :)

dave

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »

When I younger about 28 (I am now 71) and was first introduced to Pentecost, I was raised Lutheran, spent some time in Free Will Baptist, and well Pentecost was a sharp contrast and refreshing.
I married a girl who was always Pentecost and she new things I did not so I listened and studied. She had several pamphlets on fasting and other things from preachers saying how fasting and prayer would get things done. I was willing to try. Anyway my first fast[with just water] was 3 days, It was not that hard. I studied and prayed, I was not working at the time. My mind became clearer and I felt healthier.

My next fast was 5 days,[just water] I smoked and it was said fasting would help me stop, it did not. When I read and studied my mind was faster and more alert to the words, deeper I thought. I was a shouting and dancing believer. My last fast was 7 days[just water] and was about the same as the 5 day. I became more "spiritual" and of course was more into judgment preaching and prophesying. I was healthier even with losing some weight, my eyes seemed clearer, I could understand more, I was quicker in my thinking. I did not go to work so I had time. No prayers were answered that I know of, I still smoked.

Personally, I believe fasting is healthy, fasting does remove toxins, in the many years since, in and out of "church" I have thought about fasting because as I said I felt a whole lot better health wise when I did, but I have not fasted since 1978 and I might add, the Lord has answered prayers since.

So when I found out that food fasting is not in the Bible well it was an eye opener. Just thought I'd share.

lareli

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »

fasting from physical food will make you grumpy, irritated, impatient, etc. It may provide a good training ground and circumstance to exercise those spiritual muscles of self control, patience, joy, etc

Sorry Largeli, but that all seems like you have to do something, you have to fast in order to receive something. Sounds churchie...

self just gets in the way....

Joh 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.
Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

It all comes back to who is sovereign? Stello after receiving counsel and you decide to try a fast that's ok because Jesus rules in the kingdom men and none can stay his hand. But no sense going hungry for something that isn't necessary. 

It isn't you who exercises it, it is Him, your carnal mind wants nothing to do with such things....

R.P.J to those of the house of God

You don't have to do anything... Fast, don't fast... 

But you can't experience 'good' (patience, self control, etc.) without the experience of 'evil' (hungry, impatient, grumpy). All I was saying is that fasting, that is depriving your carnal body of the nourishment it needs to not die, will make your carnal body weak (grumpy, irritated, impatient). Your carnal body will lash out and throw a fit.

His strength is perfected in our weakness.

Look if God wants you to bear spiritual fruit then He will provide the circumstances necessary, with or without fasting. However If I fast, am I the one providing the circumstances necessary to bear fruit? Or has God caused me to fast and therefore He's still the one who provides the necessary conditions? Maybe He will use the rush hour commute home instead of fasting... Or maybe He will use a death in the family... Or a lost job. But just like Ray and everyone of us would agree upon, you cannot know 'good' without 'evil'.

But if one chooses to fast it's only because He caused that one to choose that.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »

Your qoute
But you can't experience 'good' (patience, self control, etc.) without the experience of 'evil' (hungry, impatient, grumpy). All I was saying is that fasting, that is depriving your carnal body of the nourishment it needs to not die, will make your carnal body weak (grumpy, irritated, impatient). Your carnal body will lash out and throw a fit.

Self control, and how does that work?  Here's my Quote,

My quote,

Maybe reread these...

Joh 3:30  He must increase, but my self must decrease.
Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself ( self ), and take up his cross, and follow me.

And,
 Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing:
Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I ( Self ), but Christ liveth in me:

I see no room for self control, I must increase in my SELF decrease... 

Maybe your relating like wise, but it sounds odd to me when self gets in involved, self is the one that exalts himself above all that is God...

Peace onto the House of God
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:01:36 PM by Michael G »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »

Largelli,
Your quote

His strength is perfected in our weakness.

I don't see how starving your self makes you weak, more like it makes you hungry. So you know what its like to be full aposed to being hungry.

I know His Strength is made perfect when I know that I can do nothing of my own SELF, thats my weakness, my carnal heart, Self....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:18:33 PM by Michael G »

lareli

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 03:27:34 AM »

Michael it sounds like fasting is not something that God has called you to do. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. Just trying to not dismiss that God can use fasting as a means to bear fruit in some people if He wanted to.

Sometimes I think out loud and make a simple thought that I had, harder to understand than I intended.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »

Michael it sounds like fasting is not something that God has called you to do. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. Just trying to not dismiss that God can use fasting as a means to bear fruit in some people if He wanted to.

Sometimes I think out loud and make a simple thought that I had, harder to understand than I intended.

Hi Largeli, yes i understand that as I said to Stello

My quote

I see that being wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove takes some working of God in my life, was only trying to help Stello avoid condemnation on what ever choice made. For it is all of God. Maybe I was adding to that, hmmm?

R.P and J to all...

stello

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 04:57:06 PM »

Thanks again everyone for your helpful responses. Bottom line is God is Sovereign and i want to learn to love him sincerely. So i will trust his guidance in this matter.

rick

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 06:30:51 PM »

All this talk of fasting, Im getting hungry.  :)
Jesus did say but when you fast don't put on long faces like the Pharisees and scribs. :-[

God bless all.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:33:42 PM by Rick »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 22 queries.