bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhausting the sovereignty of God?  (Read 3405 times)

Mike Gagne

Exhausting the sovereignty of God?
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »

Hope This Encourages someone here!!
 September 2013 God called me out of the church. The scriptures were two that brought down my spiritual house of sand. Joh 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,  And 1Jn 4:14  And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. He showed me that he was actually sovereign at it was Him who choose me, not my 11 second prayer! And that he would save everyone because he was sovereign. He then led me to a book called son placing and I read it, there was some truth to it but there was also deception. And some where shortly after that he led me to expousing those who contradict, and in Dec 2013 I joined Forums. Heres some post from June 23 2014 and wow was I confused...

Re: It's Scientific, We Have No Free Will
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:52 AM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Hi Kat! If it was my choice I would have stop it way before God stop it! I have been struggling to see it the way LRay and You are stating. I hated who I was and if it was my choice I would not have kept doing it. I just see God in complete control over my whole life,scriptures like these make complete sense with a God who is in complete control, totally sovereign!...O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. (Psalms 139:1-13, 16 KJV)...   For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:15-25 KJV)....there are so many scriptures that only make sense when God is completely sovereign. I think this is a touchy subject for some, but I believe that God is in complete control of everything and nothing is left up to us, this to me would take away from a sovereign God......Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. (Psalms 90:3, 8, 9, 17 KJV)....this is why I have a hard time seeing it the way you see it... There are hundreds of these scriptures....Anyhow this is all in love...Mike

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
Hi Kat!  :). I have a hard time with me being accountable for something God takes me through...,Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. (Psalms 90:8 KJV), if I am somehow accountable then God is not sovereign. There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. And I am now starting to see God in everyone and everything, and that also makes me understand that he is revealing Himself to those who he is not keeping himself hidden from and we are few! Jesus said if you seen me you seen the father!,and as he is in this world so are we! All we do is retain knowledge!
 Also God is not letting me guide my own destiny, he is in total control and will complete his work  in me! Ahhh strange work indeed!!!    All in love...Mike

heres some shorter ones

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »
Well if you can save yourself then you go ahead and be accountable! I am being judged right now, and Gods judgements are righteous. And it is him who does his will and good pleasure in me! And when he is  done I will be ready for the birth....  And maybe read Job and ask God to show you what he's saying... :)   All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing, does this mean anything to you?     All in love Mike :)

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »
Hi Dave! Is it really me that does it? Or do I just Go through it and experience it?  If He does all his will and good pleasure , and none can stay his hand how do I do anything?  Therefore how could I be accountable? Yes give a description/account, but to be accountable for his actions does not make sense to me! Because if he is doing the work in me they it is His actions for His purpose, and how could I be accountable for that! I know some don't think that God makes you sin, but He in fact made you who you are, a carnal man who hates God and wants nothing to do with him, a sinning beast!  Anyhow off to work I go, and may Gods day for you be filled with joy!

And one last one from many more before, Ahh do I finally get It?

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »
Hi everybody! Okay is this correct! God is sovereign, and by causes unknown to me/God, God causes me to make choices, choices he knows already that I am going to make and then holds me accountable when he judges me, and through those judgements I learn righteousness?  Mike  :) RPJ

No didn't get it but I finally had knowledge of His Truth on His Sovereignty... about 9 days ago He made even more clear after all this time from sept 2013 till now, He's been at it with me on this very subject.  I now Believe He has rooted me in this and I can not be moved from it, its seems He has caused me to see it now and what i see is that it holds everything together. I also see that I haven't even started what really needs to make it all work and thats the application of this knowledge for it to become understanding to me...

Job 28:28  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa 1:3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

I don't think I have even started to exhaust it!
Hope this is for someone...

Righteousness, Peace and Joy to those of the house of God
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:03:13 PM by Michael G »

dave

Re: Exhausting the sovereignty of God?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:51:02 AM »

"I don't think I have even started to exhaust it!"  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.