bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is life an illusion  (Read 9140 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Is life an illusion
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »

Morpheus in the movie The Matrix trying to explain to the character Neo that they are in a computer program and its not 'real'... Neo asks "this isn't real?" Morpheus replies "what is 'real'? How do you define 'real'?.. If 'real' is what you can see, what you can feel, what you taste... Then 'real' is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain.."

We are all made up of atoms. Atoms are mostly empty space. I've heard that if you were to compress a human being down at the atomic level and get rid of all the empty space, a human would be about the size of a baseball.

If everything is made up of atoms then when scientists study atoms, it is atoms studying themselves!

Two atoms never touch. They never physically touch. That means you and I have never actually 'touched' anything. When I'm typing on a keyboards the atoms on my fingers get close enough to the atoms which make up the keyboard and the resistance between the atoms of my finger and the atoms of the keyboard cause the buttons to move...

Much like in the movie The Matrix, some scientists believe we are less than a generation away from creating computer simulations of 'real' life that will be indistinguishable from 'real' life... This begs the question then... Can we say for sure that we are not already living in a computer simulation/virtual reality right now?

I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

Re: Is life an illusion
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »

Hi Largeli,

I personally don't believe life or anything in it is an illusion
but what I have wondered if everything in Gos creatons is inside of God or outside of God    Acts 17: 28

Either way, everyrime I hit my head, the pain I feel seems real to me.

God bless all.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:41:56 PM by Rick »

lareli

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »

Hi Largeli,

but what I have wondered if everything in Gos creatons is inside of God or outside of God ?

Acts 17:28

God bless all.

That's an interesting thought Rick. When you say 'inside of God or outside of God' do you mean like inside or outside of His mind?

lareli

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:43:19 PM »

Time. I also wonder if 'time' is an illusion. How do you define the 'present'? How long is the 'present'? As soon as it happens it's already in the past.

Yesterday doesn't exist. It did exist yesterday but it doesn't exist today. It's only a memory. Tomorrow doesn't exist. It will exist tomorrow but not now..... Or is everything (past, present, future) all part of an unbreakable 'present'... You can't separate past present and future, so is it all one?

rick

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

Hi Largeli,

but what I have wondered if everything in Gos creatons is inside of God or outside of God ?

God bless all.

That's an interesting thought Rick. When you say 'inside of God or outside of God' do you mean like inside or outside of His mind?

Yes ,Largeli, thats what I meant , I thought about the entire universe existing inside of God and nothing exist outside of God.

God bless.

lareli

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:24 PM »

Hi Largeli,

God bless all.

Yes ,Largeli, thats what I meant , I thought about the entire universe existing inside of God and nothing exist outside of God.

God bless.

That's an awesome thought..

rick

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »

Time. I also wonder if 'time' is an illusion. How do you define the 'present'? How long is the 'present'? As soon as it happens it's already in the past.

Yesterday doesn't exist. It did exist yesterday but it doesn't exist today. It's only a memory. Tomorrow doesn't exist. It will exist tomorrouhhw but not now..... Or is everything (past, present, future) all part of an unbreakable 'present'... You can't separate past present and future, so is it all one?

When I think in terms of time as you stated , it gets strange, what I mean is if it takes me five minutes to communicate something  I start saying something in the present which becomes the past and finnish in the futurure. but I always remain in the present.

Think about it.  :-\

God bless.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:24:36 PM by Rick »

Kat

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 07:31:05 PM »

Reality is what God has made it to be for our use and benefit - experience as our perception of the world. Our perception of reality is what the 5 senses perceived by our minds, that our brain interprets and we relate to. God has given us a state of being and awareness, so we observe and learn how navigate in this world. This is our introduction into existence, physical life and developing knowledge through the things we experience. It's only the beginning.

To me time is a way of registration things, time is like a chain of events, so we know what came first and then next. It just a way of keeping up with things, it's not like things happen all at once. Ray had a Bible study called 'Time and Eternity' that you may be interested in reading.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10538.0.html

The amazing thing about all this is that it is a real experience, and not an illusion/dream, as God is giving us this this so that we can move on from here, when we are ready or properly prepared, to something better, much better. I think that though all we really can relate to now is the physical, the spiritual is the 'real' thing and not just temporary. when we have been fully brought into it is so much more than anything we have experience yet. Paul said he was given a glimpse of the heavenly realm and that there were just no words that could express what he saw.

2Cor 12:3  I know that this man—whether in his body or outside of his body, I do not know, but God knows—
v. 4  was snatched away to Paradise and heard things that cannot be expressed in words, things that no human being has a right even to mention.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thank you for the link time and eternity, I learned some fascinating things from it.

How wonderful God is becoming to me, He, God is nothing like Christendom says He's like and I am so blessed to learn these truths.

God is so awesome.

God bless all.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 12:08:49 AM »

So jealous of Paul :( lol. To have seen the things he did. Yet our Lord has promised us

John 20:28-30
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Hab 2:4 “Notice their arrogance—they have no inward uprightness—but the righteous will live by their faith."

How I yearn for the end of this evil age and our King's return.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »

I hear you Alex, loud and clear.

God bless us all.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:20:13 AM by Rick »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 10:55:39 PM »

So jealous of Paul :( lol. To have seen the things he did. Yet our Lord has promised us

John 20:28-30
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Hab 2:4 “Notice their arrogance—they have no inward uprightness—but the righteous will live by their faith."

God bless,
Alex

I hear you Alex, loud and clear.

God bless us all.

Sounds churchie...

In the Beginning, I am the First and the Last. And I am, was and will be...

Your King has always been here, no sense waiting for His return...

Heb 1:3  God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together.

Colossians 1:17   (CEV)

17  God's Son was before all else, and by him everything is held together

Psalms 75:3   (ESV)

3  When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars. Selah.

Come out from among her my people....

Righteousness, Peace and Joy to the house of God
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:57:52 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 11:58:08 PM »

Jesus is building a church.

We all know He is here but His being here with us does not change the fact that this present evil age has not yet ended. One can long for such times. A day when He shall make Himself known to the inhabitants of this world.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »

Hi Alex

Jesus is building a church.

We all know He is here but His being here with us does not change the fact that this present evil age has not yet ended. One can long for such times. A day when He shall make Himself known to the inhabitants of this world.

your quote

your quote doesn't add up to me

And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
 Two witnesses above plus this one...

Joshua 1:5   (ESV)

5  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:

1Jn 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, because as he is, so are we in this world.

All of christendom is waiting for the return of there King, Do you believe the scriptures stated. He is here walking around the earth in a few... And He Lives not I, as He is so are we...

R.P and Joy to those of the house of God

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 12:48:34 AM »

Micheal,

I'm not sure where or how my statement got you confused but its there for you to read again if you wish. My desires are simple, my words true.

Thoughts from a sojourner longing for home.

God be with you,
Alex

Kat

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »

Hi Michael, I think I understand what Alex is saying, I feel the same way and Paul expressed that same feeling I think.

2Cor 5:1  For we know that when this tent we live in---our body here on earth---is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home He Himself has made, which will last forever.
v. 2  And now we sigh, so great is our desire that our home which comes from heaven should be put on over us;
v. 3  by being clothed with it we shall not be without a body.
v. 4  While we live in this earthly tent, we groan with a feeling of oppression; it is not that we want to get rid of our earthly body, but that we want to have the heavenly one put on over us, so that what is mortal will be transformed by life.
v. 5  God is the one who has prepared us for this change, and He gave us His Spirit as the guarantee of all that He has in store for us.
v. 6  So we are always full of courage. We know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord's home.
v. 7  For our life is a matter of faith, not of sight.
v. 8  We are full of courage and would much prefer to leave our home in the body and be at home with the Lord.
v. 9  More than anything else, however, we want to please Him, whether in our home here or there. (GNB)

When you come to know this truth, we realize that there is something far greater beyond this physical life. This life, the time we have to be prepared in this physical body is necessary but can be a daunting experience in this evil age. We know that all this that is happening is according to His plan and for the eventual good... since we do not know when He will return, we do desire and hope for it to be soon that Christ will come and set up His kingdom. What a joyous thing to hope for, to join Him when He starts His glorious reign to put all things right in the world.

Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
v. 23  Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 

Php 3:20  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
v. 21  who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lareli

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »

I don't see anything churchie about Alex yearning for the end of this evil age... But I do understand Michael G's thought about God being here now in us..

I like the scripture Michael pointed out about God is, was, will be... And how he holds all the universe.

It adds to the thought I had about time being an illusion. Is God experiencing time as we are? In a linear fashion? Or is it all in the present for Him? If He were experiencing time in a linear fashion, like us, then wouldn't that make Him psychic with the ability to see the future as opposed to being sovereign?

I think the church largely views God as being psychic, with the ability to know and plan what comes next, as opposed to being sovereign..

Mike Gagne

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »

Yes Kat, Don't get me wrong, I agree with his Last statement

He's anticapting his new home,
Thoughts from a sojourner longing for home

but I don't agree with this statement

Theres a big difference to me,  Then waiting for are new home and waiting for our king to return.

Now what I see is that he has always been here, and if no one agrees then read again what I posted ...

And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
 Two witnesses above plus this one...

Joshua 1:5   (ESV)

5  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:

1Jn 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, because as he is, so are we in this world.

Alex I know how to read, maybe not the best and I seen what you wrote and I don't agree with that statement. But you read over what I posted again and if you need more scripture as witnesses to what I said I am sure I can fill this page and some with them. Maybe you don't see what I am saying. We certainly don't all see the same.
      When He returns I most certainly won't be waiting for Him, but will becoming with Him in His Return to this evil age...

My question to you is, is it about evil for me?

Job 5:19  He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

Psa 91:10  There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Psalms 121:7  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

Pro 12:21 There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.

This age isn't evil for me anymore, It has become a  time Judgement...

Psalms 58:11   (KJV)

11  So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Isa 26:9 for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Well its says right there where he judges! And where are those he judges? well it says it right there, in the earth...

No your statement comes right out of christendom, there waiting for their king to come and do away with evil. And yet Jesus said Himself, Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

I am not waiting for what they are waiting for....

He is Here and I live, yet not I But My King JESUS LIVES in me....

R.P and J to those of his Kingdom
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:26:27 PM by Michael G »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »

Michael,

Do you not think I understand the fundamental basics of the His word? Do you think I am still on the milk of such things? Did I not acknowledge what you said by saying that 'Yes Jesus is here with us now?' I am fully aware of this. It is milk. I have moved well beyond the milk of the Word.

Where are you going with this? I don't need more scriptures because I didn't want to argue with you something that should never have been a problem to begin with. You have perceived some imaginary offense or assault on God's Word and are now blinded by some argument which was never there. Did I say the Lord is not here with us? Did I say we don't live and move and have our being in Him? Did I say He won't return to gather His elect with Him from the four corners of the earth?

I know very well what the scriptures say and like Abraham who was looking for a city whose foundations were laid by God, acknowledging that he was a stranger in a foreign land, so I too sojourner waiting for that city.

You need to take a step back and check your motives for why you are doing this.

This age is very much still evil. Satan is its god. Its called the present evil age for a reason. Regardless of what God is doing with you.

There will come a day when God's very feet will stand on the mount of olives. This is what I yearn for, the establishment of His kingdom, the wiping away of tears from off all faces, the inhabitants learning righteousness, our mortal bodies being transformed into His glorious spiritual body. Absolutely everything that His return to this earth entails. When we ourselves with our very eyes shall behold our King. 

This inquisition of yours, is it not carnal? You are looking for something that isn't here, on some crusade to argue scripture for a reason I cannot fathom.

Of course when He returns you won't be waiting for Him. You don't wait for someone who is standing right in front of you. You wait for someone who is still coming. If you can acknolwedge there is a day when He will return and you won't be 'waiting' for Him then why couldn't you understand what I was saying? Jesus is here in spirit but there will be a day when He will STAND before us. When He will rend the heavens and come down in glory and power upon the earth, the whole of it will shake, the mountains will melt away, and we shall be gathered to Him. You ARE waiting for THAT whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Everyone with His spirit yearns for that. For His return.

Isaiah 64:1 Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains would tremble before you!

Psalm 144:5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down; touch the mountains, so that they smoke.

As John said, "Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

God be with you,
Alex
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:19:54 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 05:41:59 PM »

Alex, I see you had a lot to say and that says a lot
Michael,

Do you not think I understand the fundamental basics of the His word? Do you think I am still on the milk of such things? Did I not acknowledge what you said by saying that 'Yes Jesus is here with us now?' I am fully aware of this. It is milk. I have moved well beyond the milk of the Word.

Where are you going with this? I don't need more scriptures because I didn't want to argue with you something that should never have been a problem to begin with. You have perceived some imaginary offense or assault on God's Word and are now blinded by some argument which was never there. Did I say the Lord is not here with us? Did I say we don't live and move and have our being in Him? Did I say He won't return to gather His elect with Him from the four corners of the earth?

I know very well what the scriptures say and like Abraham who was looking for a city whose foundations were laid by God, acknowledging that he was a stranger in a foreign land, so I too sojourner waiting for that city.

You need to take a step back and check your motives for why you are doing this.

This age is very much still evil. Satan is its god. Its called the present evil age for a reason. Regardless of what God is doing with you.

There will come a day when God's very feet will stand on the mount of olives. This is what I yearn for, the establishment of His kingdom, the wiping away of tears from off all faces, the inhabitants learning righteousness, our mortal bodies being transformed into His glorious spiritual body. Absolutely everything that His return to this earth entails. When we ourselves with our very eyes shall behold our King. 

This inquisition of yours, is it not carnal? You are looking for something that isn't here, on some crusade to argue scripture for a reason I cannot fathom.

Of course when He returns you won't be waiting for Him. You don't wait for someone who is standing right in front of you. You wait for someone who is still coming. If you can acknolwedge there is a day when He will return and you won't be 'waiting' for Him then why couldn't you understand what I was saying? Jesus is here in spirit but there will be a day when He will STAND before us. When He will rend the heavens and come down in glory and power upon the earth, the whole of it will shake, the mountains will melt away, and we shall be gathered to Him. You ARE waiting for THAT whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Everyone with His spirit yearns for that. For His return.

Isaiah 64:1 Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains would tremble before you!

Psalm 144:5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down; touch the mountains, so that they smoke.

As John said, "Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

God be with you,
Alex

Is it Gods word that offends you?

God be with you...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.