bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loving God on my terms.  (Read 2470 times)

rick

Loving God on my terms.
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:31:42 AM »

Well, If one is not obeying God but say they love God they must be loving God on their terms.

I had read in a post reply something Ray had said which was ask God to grant to you repentance, that meant a lot to me, I repented enough to know I can't repent as much as I would like to.

I want to live a righeious life, but now I know God was only showing me my inability to do so. That's why Rays words mean so much to me.

I never asked God to grant to me repentance, well, I certainly have now, I guess up to now I somehow been going it alone but I know God was there with me every step of the way.

It really is a process but until I am fully repented I am just loving God on my terms however I learned enough here to know one day I'll be loving God on His terms, I already know in adavance that will be the day I'll be a very happy man.

But until then , to sorrow and pain I'm no stranger.

God bless you all.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Loving God on my terms.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »

Hi Rick,

I've certainly been there, too, and I would guess everyone else here shares similar thoughts.

We can't repent on our own, just like we are not able to follow the Law on our own. I think the Law is there to show us our sin (Rom. 7:7) and help us realize we cannot follow it on our own. Likewise our inability to repent (on our "terms") is so we can realize that it's the gift of God to be granted repentance.

It's a long hard battle but thank God that we have the HOPE and promise that He  will carry this good work to completion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.