bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its a pagan world with few true believers.  (Read 2949 times)

rick

Its a pagan world with few true believers.
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:16:49 PM »

If there is one thing the Catholic Church has done for capitalism was to strengthen it, they have invented or modified every pagan holiday we have, Christmas, Easter sunday and Valentine day.

If by chance these pagan holidays have not lighten your wallet perhaps going to church every sunday can do it.

Below is a piece from off the internet.

The Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred. One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured. According to one legend, an imprisoned Valentine actually sent the first “valentine” greeting himself after he fell in love with a young girl–possibly his jailor’s daughter–who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter signed “From your Valentine,” an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories all emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic and–most importantly–romantic figure. By the Middle Ages, perhaps thanks to this reputation, Valentine would become one of the most popular saints in England and France

Without buying Christmass gifts, Easter gifts and Valentine gifts such as flowers and candies for your love one could be concidered not Christian like but I don't wish to follow their pagan holiday thing.

Call me mr. Scrooge if you need to but like the bealtes song , can't buy me love.

God bless all.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Its a pagan world with few true believers.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:42:04 PM »

Valid point Rick, I agree.

Luke 16:13
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Romans 6:20
When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

James 4:4
You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.